Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233750 times)

lordlance

I'm just starting toying with the v3 version. If I can tell my preferences about, I'd say that the new buttons for Repeat / Repeat once, and for Shuffle on off, in the lower right part, are a little bit too abstract, not so intuitive.

PS: I love the new panel configuration, now I can have lyrics AND track informations both on the right part.

Alumni

Can I ask why pinning a tab with partial navigation still opens playlists in a new tab?

Steven

• Administrator
Can I ask why pinning a tab with partial navigation still opens playlists in a new tab?
I cant check until later, but does un-pinning the tab address the issue?
also can you confirm it is still on partial navigation - I recall the act of pinning a tab also sets the navigation lock to full lock as a default

Alumni

I cant check until later, but does un-pinning the tab address the issue?
also can you confirm it is still on partial navigation - I recall the act of pinning a tab also sets the navigation lock to full lock as a default

I tried pinning/unpinning, changing the lock type, but with the same result.

Alumni

Another thing I was wondering about - earlier I replaced some album covers outside of MusicBee, and when MusicBee rescanned those files it didn't update the artwork. I have "check for updated or missing files" checked, but have not enabled monitored folders.

Steven

• Administrator
when you say "MusicBee rescanned those files" I assume you mean you restarted MB and expected it to detect the new artwork - is that right?
MB only rescans the music file itself and doesn't look at external artwork files as it doesn't keep track of the dates on external files.
You can right click/ Send To/ Rescan File to force a full rescan

Alumni

when you say "MusicBee rescanned those files" I assume you mean you restarted MB and expected it to detect the new artwork - is that right?

Yeah.

MB only rescans the music file itself and doesn't look at external artwork files as it doesn't keep track of the dates on external files.
You can right click/ Send To/ Rescan File to force a full rescan

In my case the artwork is embedded in the file. Send to file rescan didn't update the artwork either.
The strange thing is I never had this issue before, back when I made use of monitored folders.

Steven

• Administrator
In my case the artwork is embedded in the file. Send to file rescan didn't update the artwork either.
The strange thing is I never had this issue before, back when I made use of monitored folders.
if the file is embedded then the should be detected. The only thing I can think of is MB has the artwork is set to an external file. You can check using the tag editor/ Artwork/ Save To and check the location the artwork points to.
If it is embedded then send me a link to a zip of the music file

redwing

With partial navigation, a filter tab only switches to another filter on the same tab, opening every playlist in a new tab. And a playlist tab opens every filter in a new tab. If this is what you're referring to, that's how partial navigation works.

Alumni

if the file is embedded then the should be detected. The only thing I can think of is MB has the artwork is set to an external file. You can check using the tag editor/ Artwork/ Save To and check the location the artwork points to.
If it is embedded then send me a link to a zip of the music file

The tag edit window displays the new image, while the main panel still shows the old image. By the way it's a FLAC file.
PS: My default artwork storage is set to embedded only.

With partial navigation, a filter tab only switches to another filter on the same tab, opening every playlist in a new tab. And a playlist tab opens every filter in a new tab. If this is what you're referring to, that's how partial navigation works.

So you're saying the type of tab changes the behavior? I guess that works if you pin the playlist manager as a tab, but what happens if you intend to use the left navigator for switching between playlists?
Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 05:00:18 PM by Alumni

redwing

So you're saying the type of tab changes the behavior? I guess that works if you pin the playlist manager as a tab, but what happens if you intend to use the left navigator for switching between playlists?

I don't understand what it has to do with playlist manager vs. left navigator. You only need two pinned tabs: one filter tab and one playlist tab. Then you can switch to any filter/playlist without opening a new tab.

Alumni

I don't understand what it has to do with playlist manager vs. left navigator. You only need two pinned tabs: one filter tab and one playlist tab. Then you can switch to any filter/playlist without opening a new tab.

Unless I'm missing something, "full lock" and "partial navigation" seem to do the same thing, at least in regards to playlists.

redwing

With full lock, a filter tab opens another filter in a new tab. But with partial navigation, it just switches to that filter. Same with a playlist tab.

Steven

• Administrator
@Alumni, i cant reproduce any incorrect behavior with tab pinning/ navigation lock. Were you trying to navigator between a library filter and a playlist with partial navigation enabled as redwing is explaining?

Steven

• Administrator
i can reproduce file rescan and scan on restart not loading the new artwork into the artwork cache and is fixed for the next v3 patch update
Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:26:53 PM by Steven