Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1247864 times)

Steven

• Administrator
nothing has been changed.
There are different ways to achieve this. You can hide the column browser in a specific tab by opening the panel layout dialog (button on the left of the search box), expand the "overrides for the current tab" link and tick "hide column browser"

Xenatier

Ah sorry, i was just being an idiot. Forgot you could expand the overrides section.

Coloco

Hey, after updating to 3.0 I noticed changes to the A-Z bar (see at the top http://i.imgur.com/olaYULm.png )

I searched a bit and saw that this is a result of this change :

"- when any panel is sorted by Year, or the Album Covers panel is grouped by Year or Decade, then the A-Z bar changes to show decades"

However, I like sorting my albums by the date at which I added them, but I also want to have the A-Z bar, well, to show A-Z... Is there any way to achieve this in 3.0, like it was in 2.5 ?

Edit : Also, is it possible to show the progress bar above the track controls ?

redwing

I like sorting my albums by the date at which I added them, but I also want to have the A-Z bar, well, to show A-Z... Is there any way to achieve this in 3.0, like it was in 2.5 ?

You can use vertical column browser though it's not working exactly the same way as AZ bar:

Custom AZ Bar Using Vertical Column Browser

To show progress bar above controls, right click on main player> Panel Layout> Progress Bar on Top.

Coloco

Hmm, apparently I can't put the progress bar on top because of the DarkMetro theme :/

About the A-Z thing, your method is a hack that kinda works if you put it vertically, but it's not the same as the real thing. Having it horizontally just under the header bar was much nicer and cleaner. It would be great if we had more options for the A-Z bar in general :)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
However, I like sorting my albums by the date at which I added them, but I also want to have the A-Z bar, well, to show A-Z... Is there any way to achieve this in 3.0, like it was in 2.5 ?

If you are sorting by year, then an alphabetical jump bar would not be functional.  It wouldn't know where to jump to.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Coloco

I just facepalmed so hard man... I'm dumb. Thanks for the realization ^^

Tho perhaps it could switch itself to alphabetical and then back to per year... Nah that's just getting needlessly complicated

Thanks for the answers tho, much appreciated

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Welcome. :) 

The jump bar should change automatically based on your sorting. Is it not doing that?
Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 07:43:38 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Coloco

Nah it works well actually. Although maybe it could be nice to have months instead of years ? My PC is relatively new so only having 2015 and 2016 is not that useful

Sekt0r

Is there a way when sorting the Library by Artist, that Artists names that begin with "The" are grouped together rather than ignoring it?
I know there is the option in Preferences to ignore the word The when Sorting but that still doesn't group them together alphabetically.

redwing

Is there a way when sorting the Library by Artist, that Artists names that begin with "The" are grouped together rather than ignoring it?
I know there is the option in Preferences to ignore the word The when Sorting but that still doesn't group them together alphabetically.

Unticking the ignore word option doesn't group "The" artists together?

Sekt0r

It didn't seem to when I tried it but I had another shot but this time closed and re-opened MusicBee and it's working now, thanks :)

Tried the above again twice more and it does appear restarting MusicBee is required to make this option come in to effect.

WannaBee

It didn't seem to when I tried it but I had another shot but this time closed and re-opened MusicBee and it's working now, thanks :)

Tried the above again twice more and it does appear restarting MusicBee is required to make this option come in to effect.

I replicated this behaviour: MusicBee v3.0.5982

theG

Bug (v3.0.5985): In album cover view, when I drag a song to a playlist, the tracklist collapse/disappear.

redwing

When you click on "read more" button to read the full artist profile from Music Explorer tab, the popup window has no scroll bar, only showing part of it. Try Coldplay.