Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1232954 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Would this also effect the Last.fm Recommendations plugin?
It still seems to be drawing on new information for similar artists and similar tracks.
it should be fine - its a misnamed plugin
had a look through the available API calls and hoped that was the case :)

for the music recommendations, maybe Last.fm Geo.getTopArtists  and/or Geo.getTopTracks could be used for locally trending picks
or with XBox/Groove /1/content/{namespace}/newreleases could be added to discover new releases.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Peeto87

Hi Steven,

Love the work, think 3.0 is looking great. Here's my set-up:

http://i.imgur.com/uj4cFEO.jpg

A few points of feedback:

- I think two things you should add on the main screen as instantly toggle-able are 1) Have the left side thumbnail instantly toggle-able between your choices. Users won't necessarily always have their favourite way of browsing and if you had a horizontal at the top which let me choose between album artist, album and genre would be great. Secondly and most wanted is a button to instantly toggle the main view between "album and tracks", "album covers" and "artist pictures". They are great views! I just think they should be one-click accessible with the buttons right there.
- I think the bottom playback bar could benefit from a bit of a re-jig. This is just my perspective but on my layout I can afford 50% to even double the space for that area. The previous foobar image shows what can be done with this area. I love the progress bar at the bottom but that's a testament to the customisability as it's an option I can take. To me the icons could use some work and that whole area could become a focal point. That foobar one again looked awesome.
- An "extra large" option for thumbnails would be great, currently my balance of my screen is a bit off because of the way I've set it up

I love Musicbee in general and 3.0 is great. Bravo!

Steven

• Administrator
Secondly and most wanted is a button to instantly toggle the main view between "album and tracks", "album covers" and "artist pictures". They are great views! I just think they should be one-click accessible with the buttons right there.
there are hoykeys already available that can be assigned in preferences/ hotkeys

Steven

• Administrator
if I rightclick on the bottom right corner of the screen, and press 'Choose Picture'
then it always opens this path: 'C:\Users\user\Pictures',  instead of the album folder (even if it contains a folder.jpg/cover.jpg).
thats corrected along with a couple more bugs i found in testing

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

darkred

if I rightclick on the bottom right corner of the screen, and press 'Choose Picture'
then it always opens this path: 'C:\Users\user\Pictures',  instead of the album folder (even if it contains a folder.jpg/cover.jpg).
thats corrected along with a couple more bugs i found in testing

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

Thank you for fixing!

carloscs

Problem and Crash with long filenames:

I just ripped a cd with EAC and moved the files into my MusicBee inbox folders. Unnoticed to me EAC when auto tagging made very long filenames.

Music Bee has two problems here:

Minor: Under the My Computer folder it shows the files with a warning "02 xxx.flac" is missing -> should be "02 xxx.flac" filename is too long.

Worse: in windows explorer I renamed the file to "02.flac" -> MusicBee crashed with this error:

09/05/2016 23:09:30 - 10.0.10586.0 - 3.0.5973.33911 - System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
   at System.IO.PathHelper.Append(Char value)
   at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
   at System.IO.Path.GetPathRoot(String path)
   at System.IO.RenamedEventArgs.get_OldFullPath()
   at #=qkG5t3Qcp$88ixOZY4Dz6QOuqmC0Pih5JzknnTUUh5Hk=.#=qCHXDyADXwPIU2qbTpTkr7rubtcs2xl1KBuz30exNVwk=..ctor(RenamedEventArgs #=qc16HS62thM2u8vAFVtj_6g==)
   at #=qkG5t3Qcp$88ixOZY4Dz6QOuqmC0Pih5JzknnTUUh5Hk=.#=qSWVYGxiZECwx0aPI_deXTg==.#=q0RmtxKxRRZs4UgaT7Ccfz1iMWz0TMHaJoP0ESz3L$R0=(Object #=qQCUOxLIO7TajgS9mnklGVg==, RenamedEventArgs #=qWO_aDWRVsxB035sHxJFyxQ==)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.OnRenamed(RenamedEventArgs e)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.NotifyRenameEventArgs(WatcherChangeTypes action, String name, String oldName)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

Edit - examples of:

File folder: Mozart · Horn Concertos Nos. 1–4 · Quintet, K. 452 - zart · Horn Concertos Nos. 1–4 · Quintet, K. 452

Filename in folder: 1-04 - Dennis Brain [hn] · Philharmonia Orchestra · Herbert von Karajan - Mozart · Horn Concerto No. 2 in E flat major, K. 417,ll. Andante.flac

Steven

• Administrator
musicbee (infact .NET) does not handle long filenames - maybe there is a setting in EAC to stop that happening.
For v3.1, long filename handling has already been added

carloscs

musicbee (infact .NET) does not handle long filenames - maybe there is a setting in EAC to stop that happening.
For v3.1, long filename handling has already been added

It seems that EAC doesn't have a handling for this, but now that I'm aware of it I can correct it manually: when MusicBee reports that a filename is too long I move the files out of the inbox, rename then in windows explorer and move them back in.

I reported the error more to see if MusicBee can avoid crashing when the long filename is renamed in windows explorer. That's not nice at all :)

Leodj

Greeting when will be available the final Version 3.0 for general Public to download

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Greeting when will be available the final Version 3.0 for general Public to download

Soon.  But you can get it now from the Latest Version topic.  The final release candidate is available; I don't think Steven plans to change it at this point.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

cartman005

Was it intentional to change the search box behavior for v3.0 so that when CTRL+F is pressed, the existing search string is no longer highlighted? I have been looking but don't see any mention of it. This keeps messing me up when doing multiple searches in a row. Most other applications, like Windows Explorer, use the old behavior.

Steven

• Administrator
Was it intentional to change the search box behavior for v3.0 so that when CTRL+F is pressed, the existing search string is no longer highlighted? I have been looking but don't see any mention of it. This keeps messing me up when doing multiple searches in a row. Most other applications, like Windows Explorer, use the old behavior.
its working fine for me. Could you post a screenshot of the dialog window

Steven

• Administrator
I have released version 3 on the main downloads page.
I wont be surprised if there will be issues for some users updating from v2.5 so another release will probably follow in a few weeks.
Development for v3.1 has started but not sure when i will make that available

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Woohoo!  Break out the champagne!

...and maybe close this thread? :D
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Coogan

May I ask, which is the proper link for the latest download?
I did the latest GUI update, so am I good to go?

Coogan
My MusicBee Version: