Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233789 times)

theG

When I export a playlist that's in a playlists folder, it uses the playlists folder name instead of the playlist name as the filename. Am I the only one?

sleepless

For the Track Information element, if 'ticked elements are stacked and viewable by clicking a selector button' is enabled, the header button is labelled "Track Information". If the other option 'ticked elements are displayed as tabs' is enabled, the button reads "Details". This seems a bit odd/inconsistant.

Note: You can see this in the pics 8 posts above this one.
Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 02:32:25 AM by sleepless

Steven

• Administrator
For the Track Information element, if 'ticked elements are stacked and viewable by clicking a selector button' is enabled, the header button is labelled "Track Information". If the other option 'ticked elements are displayed as tabs' is enabled, the button reads "Details". This seems a bit odd/inconsistant.

that is intentional to reduce the horizontal space required

Steven

• Administrator
When I export a playlist that's in a playlists folder, it uses the playlists folder name instead of the playlist name as the filename. Am I the only one?
this should fix that:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the folder MB is installed

colagen

This new version is really a big improvement in term of UI. And the "music explorer" tab is great.
If you are willing to go further later, here are some ideas picked from a foobar skin:

- in the screenshot here you can see buttons for the "thumbnail browser", which allow to quickly switch between genre/artist/album view
- and there is a search/filter field on top of the list, it's great when you want to find quickly a specific genre/artist/album

- on the main panel, when there is only one artwork/album for the current view, the "expanded panel" is expanded by default.
- and a progress bar is displayed under the playing track

- In the bottom, you can see a menu which appear when you click on a button in the control bar, which allow to randomly select and play xx albums / xx tracks / xx tracks from a specific genre / a genre / an artist.

-And when you click on the cover on the bottom-left, it locate the playing track in the main panel and on the thumbnail browser

sleepless

that is intentional to reduce the horizontal space required

Makes sense. Maybe consider using "Track Info" instead? Obviously not a big issue, but consistant terminolgy really makes a difference when you're learning the layout. Every little bit helps.

OldChicagoPete

Got a virus alert from both Chrome and Win10 on the latest release. Windows identified it as Trogan:Win32\Fethar.b!cl

phred

• Global Moderator
Got a virus alert from both Chrome and Win10 on the latest release. Windows identified it as Trogan:Win32\Fethar.b!cl
Assuming you're downloading from the MusicBee website, it's a false positive.  You can run it through Virus Total to confirm: https://www.virustotal.com/en/
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

darkred

I have noticed this (MB 3.0.5972 -and in all previous versions- in win10 x64):
if I rightclick on the bottom right corner of the screen, and press 'Choose Picture'
then it always opens this path: 'C:\Users\user\Pictures',  instead of the album folder (even if it contains a folder.jpg/cover.jpg).

But, if you rightclick on an album and press 'Edit', and then (on the 'Artwork' window) you rightclick the artwork thumbnail and press 'Choose Picture'
then it opens the album folder, as expected.
Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 07:48:52 PM by darkred

OldChicagoPete

Assuming you're downloading from the MusicBee website, it's a false positive.  You can run it through Virus Total to confirm: https://www.virustotal.com/en/

I was worried about there being a virus, I just wanted to pass on the information.  I've installed a few of the betas and all of the RCs and this is the first time I've seen this. 

Steven

• Administrator
I was worried about there being a virus, I just wanted to pass on the information.  I've installed a few of the betas and all of the RCs and this is the first time I've seen this.
see
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18398.msg110891#new

Steven

• Administrator
@psychoadept, a long time ago you reported that you could never get the music recommendations service to show the last.fm recommended artists. It turns out last.fm have removed the API for that and the only reason it worked for me was because i already had cached data.
As such i have removed support for that function and replaced it with the Top Artist recommendations from x-box music (which was the default behavior if you didnt have a last.fm log on). I will also include the change in the final v3 release

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
@psychoadept, a long time ago you reported that you could never get the music recommendations service to show the last.fm recommended artists. It turns out last.fm have removed the API for that and the only reason it worked for me was because i already had cached data.
As such i have removed support for that function and replaced it with the Top Artist recommendations from x-box music (which was the default behavior if you didnt have a last.fm log on).
Would this also effect the Last.fm Recommendations plugin?
It still seems to be drawing on new information for similar artists and similar tracks.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
As such i have removed support for that function and replaced it with the Top Artist recommendations from x-box music (which was the default behavior if you didnt have a last.fm log on). I will also include the change in the final v3 release

We'll, glad I'm not crazy.  :)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
Would this also effect the Last.fm Recommendations plugin?
It still seems to be drawing on new information for similar artists and similar tracks.
it should be fine - its a misnamed plugin