Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233085 times)

sleepless

In the Now Playing layout configuration there is an option "ticked elements are stacked and viewable by clicking a selector button". I have it selected but it does not function at all. In order to switch the element displayed, I have to use the dropdown menu. No problems in the main panel, just in Now Playing.

Steven

• Administrator
In the Now Playing layout configuration there is an option "ticked elements are stacked and viewable by clicking a selector button". I have it selected but it does not function at all. In order to switch the element displayed, I have to use the dropdown menu. No problems in the main panel, just in Now Playing.
they should function ie. you can still click the text and the menu will show. Can you confirm that?
there is a display issue where MB doesnt show the selector arrow when you mouse over the text. Thats fixed for the next update
Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:10:31 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
fixes for the above and also a couple of other bugs i found:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the folder MB is installed

sleepless

they should function ie. you can still click the text and the menu will show. Can you confirm that?
there is a display issue where MB doesnt show the selector arrow when you mouse over the text. Thats fixed for the next update

Yes I can switch using the dropdown menu, but not by clicking on the header panel/selector button (which functions fine in the main panel). So when I click on the selector button area in Now Playing nothing happens, but the menu button works fine.

Steven

• Administrator
Yes I can switch using the dropdown menu, but not by clicking on the header panel/selector button (which functions fine in the main panel). So when I click on the selector button area in Now Playing nothing happens, but the menu button works fine.
you have lost me.
Firstly does the last update address the issue?
And if not then what do you mean by "Yes I can switch using the dropdown menu, but not by clicking on the header panel/selector button". How do you invoke the drop down menu?

redwing

I'm not sure whether this is happening only with custom noartwork image or happening with all artwork.
If you select no artwork album, artwork on track info panel displays noartwork image correctly (first).
But if you select another album (second) and then select no artwork album, the border color of noartwork image on track info panel gets affected by the previously selected album cover (third). To display it correctly, refreshing is required.

This is happening only on track details panel. Album cover panel displays it correctly.

(The skin used on the screenshot is Dark-Fine Tuned, and the original border color is 29,29,29 but it changes on the third image to something like 42,28,26)

Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:35:23 AM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
I'm not sure whether this is happening only with custom noartwork image or happening with all artwork.
If you select no artwork album, artwork on track info panel displays noartwork image correctly (first).
But if you select another album (second) and then select no artwork album, the border color of noartwork image on track info panel gets affected by the previously selected album cover (third). To display it correctly, refreshing is required.
yes its a resizing issue with windows graphics. I have put in some handling for that

Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 10:05:19 AM by Steven

redwing

sleepless

you have lost me.
Firstly does the last update address the issue?
And if not then what do you mean by "Yes I can switch using the dropdown menu, but not by clicking on the header panel/selector button". How do you invoke the drop down menu?

Ok, I'll try using some pics to make this more clear. In the Panel Config settings there are 2 options:
1. ticked elements are displayed as tabs
2. ticked elements are stacked and viewable by clicking a selector button

With option 1 selected, multiple selectable tabs are displayed. Hovering over any selected tab displays a downward icon. Then clicking on the selected tab displays the Customize Panel option. *Note: although the downward icon appears with any selected tab, the Customize Panel option is only available for Details and Lyrics.
This is all working fine:

Although right-clicking any tab other than Details or Lyrics results in this odd rectangle being displayed:

With option 2 selected, a header button is displayed showing the name of the selected element. Clicking on this button displays a dropdown menu where you can select different elements or views, plus search or customize panel. This is working fine in all areas. To the right of this button is a blank area which if left-clicked will display/cycle to the next element on the list. THIS FUNCTION ONLY WORKS IN THE MAIN AREA, AND NOT IN THE NOW PLAYING PANEL:

EDIT: I forgot to add that the last update did not address this issue.
Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 02:15:18 PM by sleepless

Steven

• Administrator
@sleepless, i understand now and thats addressed for the next update which i will post later today

fkm

I'm finding MusicBee 3 is not displaying artwork stored as folder.jpg in the main panel. I have folder.jpg and folder.* selected in settings correctly. Have tried a file rescan of the files as well but artwork refuses to display. If I click show artwork, it does correctly display in the pop up window so artwork is there, but just not showing up in main panel when browsing.

Any suggestions?
Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:39:42 PM by fkm

Steven

• Administrator
I'm finding MusicBee 3 is not displaying artwork stored as folder.jpg in the main panel. I have folder.jpg and folder.* selected in settings correctly. Have tried a file rescan of the files as well but artwork refuses to display. If I click show artwork, it displays in the pop up window.
working fine here. You will need to provide more evidence if i am to spend time looking at this eg. edit the file in the tag editor, go to the artwork tab and click Save To to see where MB gets the picture from.
Having said that i see right click/ Send To/ File Rescan is not detecting the artwork so i will look into that.
You could use the "Rescan Artwork" button in the artwork priority dialog window from Tags(1) preferences

fkm

When I click save to, it tries saving to the source folder. It's also trying to save as cover.jpg (though I save everything as folder.jpg)

This is all artwork I've previously saved with Musicbee 2.5. With MB 3, a file rescan would usually fix the issue but no longer working for me now.

Anyhow, I'll try rescanning the artwork from settings as you mentioned and see if that works.

Steven

• Administrator
fixes for the above:
- send to/ file rescan should now detect folder pictures
- click on panel header issue reported by sleepless