Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233297 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When i used the same command in the taskbar menu recently, I got "echoes" at first (like the same track was being played twice).  Once I stopped the track and started again it sounded okay.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Just a suggestion:
The two most common inquiries since the release of v3 RC seem to be (1) how to move main player between top and bottom pane and (2) search results setting (always show the entire album). I guess many people out there might wonder the same things even if they never visit the forum after release of the official v3.
I already suggested quick settings under panel layout button for v3.1, but just for moving main player adding a context menu command to the player would suffice for people who didn't figure out dragging it on the panel layout panel. For search results setting, consider showing the setting on all views even if it's disabled and add to the tooltip that it's only enabled on Album & Tracks view.

ankor

Just a suggestion:
The two most common inquiries since the release of v3 RC seem to be (1) how to move main player between top and bottom pane and (2) search results setting (always show the entire album). I guess many people out there might wonder the same things even if they never visit the forum after release of the official v3.
I already suggested quick settings under panel layout button for v3.1, but just for moving main player adding a context menu command to the player would suffice for people who didn't figure out dragging it on the panel layout panel. For search results setting, consider showing the setting on all views even if it's disabled and add to the tooltip that it's only enabled on Album & Tracks view.
+1

and tooltips (sometimes overlooked or underutilized as a effective resource) really are an easy and convenient source of pertinent info for all. documentation is necessary but first line of defense is tooltips for a better user experience, new or otherwise.

Steven

• Administrator
Seems to be an issue with the command line  /startautodj. When I use it, the player starts with multiple songs playing.
thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
Just a suggestion:
Its certainly not feasible to do that for v3 as its much more to implement than just adding a context menu item. I agree something should have been done for the search results so existing users are aware but with the final release very near i am only bug fixing now.
Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 06:57:30 PM by Steven

Alumni

Probably not the best time to be requesting interface changes, but I really wish the "album cover" element was fully scalable (ie. no maximum image size restrictions).

Current layout:

Proposed layout:

Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:19:38 AM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
would you mind sending me your settings file as i am not aware of any sizing restrictons in the way it appears in your screenshot
edit:
nevermind - i can reproduce this. Its addressed for the next update
Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:11:29 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator

mozpri

There's something wrong with the wavebar.
If I change the playback position at the last 5 seconds of the track the wavebar gets stuck.

gif: http://i.imgur.com/D8K3XRF.gifv

Steven

• Administrator
There's something wrong with the wavebar.
If I change the playback position at the last 5 seconds of the track the wavebar gets stuck.
yes i can reproduce that and this should fix it:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the folder MusicBee is installed

Liamo

HI Guys,  just tried to update to v3 but it wont work at all..???   im on windows 10 - it unzips but the application wont open - doesnt do anything!
had to uninstall and reinstall v2.5

sleepless

Is it intentional that radio track info is not displayed in Playing Tracks List? It doesn't display Artist, Title, or Album(station in track info panel), although it does display the station where the title is normally displayed. Radio info seems to display fine in all other areas other than the PTL.

Steven

• Administrator
Is it intentional that radio track info is not displayed in Playing Tracks List? It doesn't display Artist, Title, or Album(station in track info panel), although it does display the station where the title is normally displayed. Radio info seems to display fine in all other areas other than the PTL.
yes thats right. The Playing Tracks list only shows the station that is playing

the_pragmatist

Hey Steven, is it possible to have an option to disable the Main Panel 'Player Controls' within the NowPlaying Tab only & leave it on within the other tabs? I ask coz I'd like to use the Sidebar Controls on that particular tab, leaving the Main Panel clean(er).