Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248682 times)

ankor

At some dropdown menu's, the disabled entries don't get a border displayed when hovered-over, which is a nice and subtle touch:
thats controlled by the .NET library, so to get the same behavior i would probably need to write my own controls which i doubt i would be prepared to do
don't blame you. time can be better spent unless the need is great

theG

I might have found a bug..
In settings, under tags that define an album, I've added the total album duration (along with Album Artist and Album) and when I applied the changes, MB closed on me. Now, everytime I try to open it, it closes right away. I can see MB for a 1/10th of a second and then gone.

redwing

In settings, under tags that define an album, I've added the total album duration (along with Album Artist and Album) and when I applied the changes, MB closed on me. Now, everytime I try to open it, it closes right away. I can see MB for a 1/10th of a second and then gone.

I can replicate that, but MB didn't save the setting for me.
Anyway open MusicBee3Settings.ini file under AppData folder with text editor and find the following element:
<TagAlbumGroupingField1>
Then change its value to "0" (zero) without quote.

theG

I can replicate that, but MB didn't save the setting for me.
Anyway open MusicBee3Settings.ini file under AppData folder with text editor and find the following element:
<TagAlbumGroupingField1>
Then change its value to "0" (zero) without quote.

I had a backup of my ini file, but it's a good thing to know as I'm about do to more testing. Thanks

HHM

not sure if bug or intentional change of behavior... :)

With the last build I noticed some problems with deleting or changing folders names. Turned out it's because of the artwork of the last played track still being displayed in right panel. Till the recent version(s) after music stopped the art photo was being displayed as well, however it didn't prevent the root folder from changing it's name etc. (was it because the graphics was using cahce memory or sth?), right now I have to play some other file to change the art field as well and to manage my folders freely. Pretty inconvenient.

Steven

• Administrator
Album Duration is dependent on the fields that define an album so it could never be supported. I will try and put in some handling to prevent the selection of album dependent fields

sleepless

However if the skin has this element defined:
Content[AlbumAndTracks].ArtworkText
then that colour is always used and the contrast is ignored.

YES, that's it! Damn, I just hate that feeling like I'm going crazy. Thanks, for the reply and the fix.

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

for the album grouping issue - album duration and other album derived fields disabled from the selection

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
However if the skin has this element defined:
Content[AlbumAndTracks].ArtworkText
then that colour is always used and the contrast is ignored. It looks like its always been that way but i honestly dont remember why thats done that way or why the element was created

edit:
i think i will change it so the contrast is always applied

It seems that now all fields with 100% contrast are rendered black (or at least "Content[AlbumAndTracks].ArtworkText" is ignored).  Take a look at Mellon Remix for an example: all text in the special Album column is black unless a contrast of <100% is applied.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
It seems that now all fields with 100% contrast are rendered black (or at least "Content[AlbumAndTracks].ArtworkText" is ignored).  Take a look at Mellon Remix for an example: all text in the special Album column is black unless a contrast of <100% is applied.
yes if its set to 100% it may not always use the override. Thats fixed for the next update

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
yes if its set to 100% it may not always use the override. Thats fixed for the next update

Yes, seems to be fixed now.  Thanks!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Modo

thats right - MB uses window controls and colours as the basis for the skin, but there is some variation
Well, clearly the "Windows Theme" skin doesn't work properly/ignores the Windows settings in some UI elements. I have no yellow selected anywhere in my Windows theme, but I see this in MB (RC2):
http://i.imgur.com/W0GrLN1.jpg

Steven

• Administrator
fixes for a GUI bug i found and also ones reported elsewhere

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the folder that MB is installed

renders

Seems to be an issue with the command line  /startautodj. When I use it, the player starts with multiple songs playing.

Rob