Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233230 times)

redwing

One difference I noticed with v3 from v2.5 is milkdrop doesn't stop when you pause. With v2.5 milkdrop stops when you pause. 

Steven

• Administrator
One difference I noticed with v3 from v2.5 is milkdrop doesn't stop when you pause. With v2.5 milkdrop stops when you pause.
its the same - it depends on whether 32-bit output is enabled for direct sound

redwing

Excellent! Now it works without crashing even with resume position enabled.
And now I think current v3's pause action is more correct than v2.5's complete stop as it only pauses beat detection and then resumes it when playing again.
Thanks!

redwing

its the same - it depends on whether 32-bit output is enabled for direct sound

You're right. I can see that.

rurutia10

I've been getting a new bug lately since one of the last updates. If I don't use musicbee for a while, and come back and play a song that's in the middle of the track, the first second will repeat for like 10 times before the song continues playing. No error log.

Also the crashing bug is gone, I suspect it might have something to do with it

Another bug, but this one happens infrequently, but when it does happen it's extremely annoying. Playing an album and a song just gets skipped randomly. For example playing track #3, and when it finishes, it'll play track #5. Then I'll play track #3 again to see what happened wrong, it finished and then it does go to track #4 fine. Weird bug but really annoying.
Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:36:22 PM by rurutia10

Steven

• Administrator
@rurutia10, you are continually complaining about crashes and issues that i can never reproduce and no one else reports. Its probably best you use another application as i wont spend more time helping you

theG

I finally decided to switch to v3 and I'm glad I did. I've been playing with it and moving things around for the last few hours, and no bugs so far. Loving it.
Now I want to make use of the Artist Biography feature as well as display the artist picture along with it. I'm a long time XBMC/Kodi user and spent a lot of time manually selecting each backdrop image for each artist. So, is there a way to use our own..... as backdrops?
Since there is ../MusicBee/Artist Pictures/Thumb/ for artist pictures, I think it'd be nice to have the same for artists backdrops. Just the same as "artist picture" in Panels Configuration.

Thanks!
After being a long time foobar user, I'm now sold to MusicBee. Also got rid of iTunes on the computer at my friend's pub and MusicBee is now the main Media Player. I've only seen it crash once or twice in the past 5-6 months. It's pretty awesome for a media player that runs many many hours a day. Thanks again :D

Steven

• Administrator
just put the large artist picture in Artist Pictures/<artist name>.jpg
<artist name>2.jpg etc

rurutia10

@rurutia10, you are continually complaining about crashes and issues that i can never reproduce and no one else reports. Its probably best you use another application as i wont spend more time helping you

The only bug worth of note that I've made more than 2 posts about (the crashing bug) has been reported by several others: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg107679#msg107669

I've been using for 3.0 for 5 months now and very much like it, these are minor issues that happen infrequently, if they were big issues I would have switched a long time ago.

orbittwz

@rurutia10

Hey!
how about trying to start fresh? uninstall MB2.5x and MB3.x, delete all folders with settings and install those again.
then, try using different sound output, like WASAPI (which works awesome, great crisp sound!)... preferences --> player --> switch output..

let me know!

sleepless

I still can't figure out how to get these settings to work. Are there some other settings that might be overriding these? Could it be a skin issue?

hiccup

At some dropdown menu's, the disabled entries don't get a border displayed when hovered-over, which is a nice and subtle touch:

But at the main menu, also the disabled entries get a border:

Steven

• Administrator
I still can't figure out how to get these settings to work. Are there some other settings that might be overriding these? Could it be a skin issue?

there is a bug with the Left Grouping header contrast which is using the wrong value and fixed for the next update. The grouping headers only show in the main panel
All others are working fine in the main panel and playing tracks config.
However if the skin has this element defined:
Content[AlbumAndTracks].ArtworkText
then that colour is always used and the contrast is ignored. It looks like its always been that way but i honestly dont remember why thats done that way or why the element was created

edit:
i think i will change it so the contrast is always applied
Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 06:45:11 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
At some dropdown menu's, the disabled entries don't get a border displayed when hovered-over, which is a nice and subtle touch:
thats controlled by the .NET library, so to get the same behavior i would probably need to write my own controls which i doubt i would be prepared to do