Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233290 times)

Steven

• Administrator
could you minimise and restore MB to see if the invalid icon is gone;
and i can take from your comment that this behavior with the play icon has only started happening recently?

hiccup

could you minimise and restore MB to see if the invalid icon is gone;
and i can take from your comment that this behavior with the play icon has only started happening recently?

I can't tell you exactly when this started. First because I don't cry wolf at every first spotting, secondly because I learned that my system seems to be more sensitive to some visual MusicBee glitches than most other users'.
If you want to invest more time in this, you could give me links to some older versions and I could report back if they behave the same on my system.

When I minimise/maximise, the playing icon shows at the correct playing track, but I often get transparent panels such as this:
(Track Details panel, and sometimes Now Playing panel too)

gif:
http://i.imgur.com/bWlGQJp.gifv

screenshot:

Steven

• Administrator
could you try temporarily removing the visualiser and then the wavebar to see whether that makes any difference. If it does, i would be interested to know if the addresses the minimise/ restore as well

hiccup

could you try temporarily removing the visualiser and then the wavebar to see whether that makes any difference. If it does, i would be interested to know if the addresses the minimise/ restore as well

No difference.

But, some brain cells sparked, and I tested it again with the default MB skin, and it doesn't happen there.
So it seems related to the skin.
Damn.

I tried my other skins too, but they all seem fine.
This only happens with 'A Sophisticated Bee'. So I will probably have to find an abnormality in the xml of that one that causes this.
Maybe an 'illegal' transparency value somewhere?

Thanks for putting time in this, I'll report back when I found and fixed the culprit.

hiccup

I tried my other skins too, but they all seem fine.
This only happens with 'A Sophisticated Bee'. So I will probably have to find an abnormality in the xml of that one that causes this.
Maybe an 'illegal' transparency value somewhere?
Thanks for putting time in this, I'll report back when I found and fixed the culprit.

It seemed to be related to the <element id="PlayingIcon.Default"> icon that was in it.
I couldn't find anything wrong with it (16x16 96dpi), but I just removed it, and now it's working fine.

Steven

• Administrator
you need to provide all the icons if you are going to override:
PlayingIcon.Default
PausedIcon.Default
PlayingIcon.Highlight
PausedIcon.Highlight

Steven

• Administrator
Click on a track in the main panel and then click on a library filter. You will see focus has not moved to Music node, and if you keep clicking on other filters, random tracks in the main panel get highlighted instead of Music node in the left navigator. v2.5 is working properly.
the focus issue is addressed for the next update. The highlighted node in the main panel should be the last active one for the filter in the current musicbee session

hiccup

you need to provide all the icons if you are going to override:

I started to suspect something like that.
I created new icons for those, and it's working perfect now.
('A Sophisticated Bee' skin is now updated)

Steven

• Administrator
unzip into the folder MB is installed:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

- a few bug fixes
- stop playback now releases an ASIO device
- right main panel is now kept visible for various nodes eg. radio/ podcasts/ etc

redwing

Sometimes AZ bar looks like this for some node:

Of course the actual year range of tracks in the node is much broader, and no sort option is selected.

PMed my settings file (open inbox node).

--------

[edit] figured it out. Date modified column was selected.
Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 08:17:38 AM by redwing

hiccup

The setting of 'ignore diacritic marks' is ignored for custom search.

Steven

• Administrator
[edit] figured it out. Date modified column was selected.
i take it there is nothing for me to investigate with this.
regarding the auto-calculated album rating, i still cant reproduce any issues using your settings so i will leave it as unsolved. I did notice you are displaying "Rating" and not "Album Rating" in the Albums view so i expect thats not what you intended and perhaps you were basing the bug report on viewing that?

Steven

• Administrator
its only implemented for text searches. Could you put this on the wishlist for v3.1 if you want it addressed for a later MB version

hiccup

its only implemented for text searches. Could you put this on the wishlist for v3.1 if you want it addressed for a later MB version

Do I understand correctly, and in custom search this is not considered a text search?:

If so, I then will post a request for it for 3.1

redwing

regarding the auto-calculated album rating, i still cant reproduce any issues using your settings so i will leave it as unsolved. I did notice you are displaying "Rating" and not "Album Rating" in the Albums view so i expect thats not what you intended and perhaps you were basing the bug report on viewing that?

You're right. I used rating simply thinking that would mean album rating in albums view. And actually that gets updated if you refresh.