Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233598 times)

cmg

What happens when you right click on such an 'imaginary album', and select: Search> Locate in Windows Explorer
Are you sure nothing is there?

Nothing appears when I right click the album.

hiccup

So you are saying that when you right-click on the small squares as shown in your screenshot, or in the general area where an album cover would be shown for these 'imaginary albums', nothing happens.
No context menu appears at all?

Steven

• Administrator
its ok, i know what the issue is - it would only happen when grouping is enabled.

this should fix it:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the folder MB is installed
Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 05:23:44 PM by Steven

redwing

your radio station panel was fine for me but the podcasts had the same problem. I have put in handling for both that should address the issue

Fixed. Thanks!

cmg

its ok, i know what the issue is - it would only happen when grouping is enabled.

this should fix it:

I confirm the fix.
Thanks.

SoftwareSamurai

v3.0.5944:

I've noticed that if I have the music files layout up (center panel, shows Artists and Tracks), and have the Playing Tracks panel below, I can move the mouse to the Playing Tracks and "grab" the vertical divider between the Artists and Tracks above it. It doesn't make sense to me that I should be able to grab and move (sideways) that divider with the mouse in the Playing Tracks panel. Same thing happens if I have the Library layout up - Artists + Album and Tracks.  It seems that the Playing Tracks panel doesn't mask the divider's mouse grab-ability, for lack of a better term.
Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:13:49 AM by SoftwareSamurai

Steven

• Administrator
I've noticed that if I have the music files layout up (center panel, shows Artists and Tracks), and have the Playing Tracks panel below, I can move the mouse to the Playing Tracks and "grab" the vertical divider between the Artists and Tracks above it. It doesn't make sense to me that I should be able to grab and move (sideways) that divider with the mouse in the Playing Tracks panel. Same thing happens if I have the Library layout up - Artists + Album and Tracks.  It seems that the Playing Tracks panel doesn't mask the divider's mouse grab-ability, for lack of a better term.
can you post a screenshot of your layout or send me a link to your settings file as i dont know what you mean. Also by "Artists and Tracks", do you mean "Albums and Tracks"

SoftwareSamurai

can you post a screenshot of your layout or send me a link to your settings file as i dont know what you mean. Also by "Artists and Tracks", do you mean "Albums and Tracks"
A picture is worth a thousand words...here's two:

hiccup

When in the column browser you want to select several entries by clicking on them while keeping [Ctrl] pressed, after every newly selected item, the panel jumps back to the first selected entry. (which is rather annoying)

hiccup

When you want to scroll through the custom tags in that panel, the scrolling goes very slowly.
In my opinion it would be better if it jumped at least a whole custom tag line per scroll-wheel click.
Using the scroll arrow buttons is even more slow and practically unusable.

Also when you scroll somewhere in the yellow area, instead of the panel scrolling, a drop down table opens immediately.
It would be nice if that would only happen after you had first selected a field there.

The same goes for the tag editor panel when docked at the bottom of the main panel.

Steven

• Administrator
fixes for the isssues reported by hiccup & SoftwareSamurai

hiccup

fixes for the isssues reported by hiccup & SoftwareSamurai

Nice, confirmed.
Only using the scrollbar buttons is still extremely slow, and don't progress one whole line. (but I am guessing those will probably not be used very often)
Yet on a touchscreen scroll bar buttons often do come in handy.

hiccup

I had to click away a lot of these pop-ups in a row, and noticed the buttons can't be selected or controlled by keyboard, only by mouse, which is not the most handy in this case.

Modo

The wavebar is now yellow when my entire Windows theme is green/gray. Shouldn't it use one of the system colours?