Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233439 times)

Steven

• Administrator
@Alumni, if you cant figure anything out then let me know and i can create a quick debug version

redwing

ok thanks. It also works with the CurrentUser path which means MB can set the emulation without requiring admin access, so i will make the change in the web browser plugin

edit:
the web browser plugin link is updated with this new handling so it now emulates IE11

Now this needs to support MusicBee.exe

h0m3r

Since the last Update, the Header in the "now playing" Tab, can not adjust what to display.
i.e. title, album, artist, etc.
at first i couldnt believe this but yes its true - a simple change elsewhere caused this. Its fixed for the next update
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

confirm the fix!
Thank you!

Steven

• Administrator
ok thanks. It also works with the CurrentUser path which means MB can set the emulation without requiring admin access, so i will make the change in the web browser plugin

edit:
the web browser plugin link is updated with this new handling so it now emulates IE11

Now this needs to support MusicBee.exe
web browser link is updated now

Alumni

@Alumni, if you cant figure anything out then let me know and i can create a quick debug version

No worries, it seems to be behaving now.

what i have found is if there is a long filename in a folder/ sub-folder then the folder scan will fail, although something should have been logged to the error log if that was the case.
Windows explorer also fails if it encounters a long filename

This reminds me of an issue I've had when adding a network location as a monitored folder in MusicBee. Due to the longer filepath in that case, some tracks with very long filenames are displayed in MusicBee with no meta data tags (Unknown Artist/Unknown Album).

If I may make a suggestion, could the trim excess characters function in MusicBee be tweaked to shorten filenames even more? It might avoid these types of situations.
Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 09:12:08 AM by Alumni

redwing

web browser link is updated now

Working now. Thanks!

Also I noticed users need to reset default app for music to MusicBee.exe, and especially for Windows 10 users (where setting to a portable app is not obvious) the easiest way to do so is re-enabling Preferences> General> file types setting with MB running as admin mode. The effect was not immediate but after a little while Windows started to display MB as default app.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Attempting to change the volume in the compact player causes the window to move, too.  GIF: http://imgur.com/uqBvB6e
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Alumni

I was about to post a bug report for a failed synchronization of my new phone (Nexus 5X) in MusicBee, but I managed to find a workaround. I thought my experience may be useful to anyone troubleshooting the same issues.

Here's what happened when I connected my phone - MusicBee could only identify the device as "portable device" which is not its actual name as it appears in Windows Explorer. When I proceeded to hit the synchronize button, I received this error message and was unable to continue: "Portable Device/Internal Storage" nolonger exists, you might need to change the path in device preferences." As it turns out there was no option to change the path in MusicBee, so I tried to manually fix it outside of MusicBee. First I renamed my phone in Windows (it runs in MTP mode), and then I deleted the device profile entry contained in MusicBee3Settings.ini and saved it. Now when I re-opened MusicBee my phone was automatically renamed with the proper device name "Nexus 5X" instead of "portable device", and the correct storage path was detected under the synchronization settings - resulting in a successful synchronization.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
i agree the Apply button isnt doing anything so i will fix that. If you can remember what you changed to produce the glitches that would be helpful as i cant reproduce anything

No more glitches now that the Apply button is working correctly!

However, Playing Tracks is not using the NowPlayingList skin colors, it's using the main panel skin colors.  And clicking on the header for stacked panels to switch them doesn't work.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

gpzbc

I was about to post a bug report for a failed synchronization of my new phone (Nexus 5X) in MusicBee, but I managed to find a workaround. I thought my experience may be useful to anyone troubleshooting the same issues.

Here's what happened when I connected my phone - MusicBee could only identify the device as "portable device" which is not its actual name as it appears in Windows Explorer. When I proceeded to hit the synchronize button, I received this error message and was unable to continue: "Portable Device/Internal Storage" nolonger exists, you might need to change the path in device preferences." As it turns out there was no option to change the path in MusicBee, so I tried to manually fix it outside of MusicBee. First I renamed my phone in Windows (it runs in MTP mode), and then I deleted the device profile entry contained in MusicBee3Settings.ini and saved it. Now when I re-opened MusicBee my phone was automatically renamed with the proper device name "Nexus 5X" instead of "portable device", and the correct storage path was detected under the synchronization settings - resulting in a successful synchronization.
Thanks!  I was having the same problem

Steven

• Administrator
However, Playing Tracks is not using the NowPlayingList skin colors, it's using the main panel skin colors.  And clicking on the header for stacked panels to switch them doesn't work.
i have changed it so the Playing Tracks colour override is always used and the header click behavior is fixed for the next update

Attempting to change the volume in the compact player causes the window to move, too.  GIF: http://imgur.com/uqBvB6e
fixed for the next update
Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 06:35:28 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the folder MB is installed. Note that the .exe is now MusicBee.exe and MusicBee3.exe should be deleted

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Scrollbar glitch when editing lyrics in Now Playing Bar:

MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
Scrollbar glitch when editing lyrics in Now Playing Bar:
if you can reproduce it can you send me your settings file

edit:
never mind - i can reproduce this
Its fixed for the next update
Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 05:41:06 PM by Steven