Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233815 times)

Coogan

Getting the  following error:
what were you doing around the time the error occured? and did you have any other windows open at the time eg. tag editor

It appears to be working now.
I was playing Mafia II and the game crashed, so I thought I'd listen to some music instead.  MusicBee wouldn't launch, but I didn't even think that
it was probably due to my game crash.
I restarted PC and MusicBee is working fine.  (Sorry for the false alarm)

Coogan
My MusicBee Version:

Alumni

Starting in the last couple days, MusicBee (v.3) on my other my PC (running Win 7) is refusing to re-scan its monitored folders for updated/dead files. This is strange because I haven't changed any settings, and checking them again everything looks right. The error log shows no activty. Any ideas?

h0m3r

Since the last Update, the Header in the "now playing" Tab, can not adjust what to display.
i.e. title, album, artist, etc.

- I click on "Set displayed Fields"
- make my change (for example add "Birate")
- change the Tab or close Musicbee.
- my changes are gone. only #, Artist and Title are shown.

That happens only in "now playing" Tab.
I start the musicbee.exe.
When I start the musicbee3.exe all works fine.

redwing

When you add "Album [Year]" field, the [Year] doesn't show up with long album names.

I think album name should be shorter, always displaying [Year], for the purpose of using the field.
Then it would instead display "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts... [1967]".

Bump. This issue severely limits the usefulness of using this field instead.

Steven

• Administrator
When you add "Album [Year]" field, the [Year] doesn't show up with long album names.

I think album name should be shorter, always displaying [Year], for the purpose of using the field.
Then it would instead display "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts... [1967]".

Bump. This issue severely limits the usefulness of using this field instead.
please include something like this on the wishlist as i wont be making this of change now

Steven

• Administrator
Starting in the last couple days, MusicBee (v.3) on my other my PC (running Win 7) is refusing to re-scan its monitored folders for updated/dead files. This is strange because I haven't changed any settings, and checking them again everything looks right. The error log shows no activty. Any ideas?
i am having no problems with monitored folders detecting changes/ deletions/ additions nor have i made any changes around this for ages (just tested it again now to confirm). Does it work on startup ie. is it just the continuous monitor thats not working?

Steven

• Administrator
Since the last Update, the Header in the "now playing" Tab, can not adjust what to display.
at first i couldnt believe this but yes its true - a simple change elsewhere caused this. Its fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
The configuration settings for compact player in "playlist" mode don't seem to have any effect.  (And there seem to be weird glitches if you change them.)
i agree the Apply button isnt doing anything so i will fix that. If you can remember what you changed to produce the glitches that would be helpful as i cant reproduce anything

Alumni

i am having no problems with monitored folders detecting changes/ deletions/ additions nor have i made any changes around this for ages (just tested it again now to confirm). Does it work on startup ie. is it just the continuous monitor thats not working?

It's set to scan on startup, I haven't tried continuously monitor.
I also used the "rescan monitored folders" hotkey but it didn't update the file changes.

Steven

• Administrator
scan on startup is the most basic setting of all where much fewer things can go wrong. My inclination is there is something wrong with the folder path you have chosen. Have you tried re-choosing the applicable parent folder in the monitored folders list?

edit:
what i have found is if there is a long filename in a folder/ sub-folder then the folder scan will fail, although something should have been logged to the error log if that was the case.
Windows explorer also fails if it encounters a long filename
Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:45:02 PM by Steven

HHM

BUG:
playlist/tab with album covers view and quite loads of albums (ca. 1400) happens to open for a really long time (I mean loading of the covers and getting fully functional - expandable, clickable, playable etc - view). So long that sometimes it even freezes and I prefer to restart MB instead of waiting for it to load. It's really unsatisfying experience.

carloscs

It's set to scan on startup, I haven't tried continuously monitor.
I also used the "rescan monitored folders" hotkey but it didn't update the file changes.

For what it's worth,for the last few days I've been ripping cds with EAC instead of with music bee and I'm seeing similar behaviour with the monitoring.

In Settings->Library tab:

- "on startup check for updated or missing files" is unchecked.
- "continuously monitor" folders with add new files to inbox is chosen.

Symptoms:

- While opened, music bee doesn't see the files ripped by EAC.
- If I go to the "inbox" disk folder (a folder just under the main library folder) and invoke Send To -> File Rescan nothing happens.
- Restarting music bee makes him notice the new files and sends them to the inbox (it seems music bee always checks for new files on startup?)

System: windows 10 x64.

Steven

• Administrator
BUG:
playlist/tab with album covers view and quite loads of albums (ca. 1400) happens to open for a really long time (I mean loading of the covers and getting fully functional - expandable, clickable, playable etc - view). So long that sometimes it even freezes and I prefer to restart MB instead of waiting for it to load. It's really unsatisfying experience.
this is the first i have heard of this from anyone and also i assume you have been using MB3 for quite some time and not reported it before. Does it happen with the main library?
If its a playlist then its possible the playlist contains links to a non-existant file share which might make it very slow

HHM

this is the first i have heard of this from anyone and also i assume you have been using MB3 for quite some time and not reported it before. Does it happen with the main library?
If its a playlist then its possible the playlist contains links to a non-existant file share which might make it very slow

To be honest it have occured in all MB3 versions, it's due to my laziness or forgetfulness that I didn't write about it before. This playlist is actually an autoplaylist so this shouldn't be a non-existant links issue.

Steven

• Administrator
at first i couldnt believe this but yes its true - a simple change elsewhere caused this. Its fixed for the next update
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip