Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233684 times)

ThY

Hello, i have troubles with row span of the Track Information panel.
No spaces are displayed between lines, whatever the numbers i put.

And in Compact Mode, i can't configure the informations displayed anymore (it was possible in previous version, but can't find it here), i just would like to display the same informations under the cover in compact mode, like in the Main Player window.

Oh and i liked the way, in previous version, the Player Controls were toggling with the mouse cursor in Compact Mode, can't find this option anymore.
Is it still there ?

Orion

one thing i notice is your panel arrangement dialog overlaps the buttons. Is that because your screen is not high enough? If thats not the case, would you mind sending me a link to your settings (help/ support/ view settings) as i am not able to reproduce that

It only overlaps it with I expand the options.
As for my screen : 13.3 inch, 16:9, 2560x1440 pixel
http://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Spectre-13-x360-Convertible-Review.144228.0.html

Here are the settings : https://1fichier.com/?lt66zaoyi4
Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 04:55:30 PM by Orion

Steven

• Administrator
Hello, i have troubles with row span of the Track Information panel.
No spaces are displayed between lines, whatever the numbers i put.
thats right for v3 - it only uses the space required up to the maximum. If you want to add space, you would need to insert a null field

And in Compact Mode, i can't configure the informations displayed anymore (it was possible in previous version, but can't find it here), i just would like to display the same informations under the cover in compact mode, like in the Main Player window.
i have added a button to the Compact Player Settings dialog where you can configure the fields displayed

Oh and i liked the way, in previous version, the Player Controls were toggling with the mouse cursor in Compact Mode, can't find this option anymore.
Is it still there ?
not sure what you mean - if you are refering to the behavior where the player control panel automatically pops up, then that is no longer supported.
Any changes you want should be added to the wishlist as no new functionality will be added for v3
Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 06:19:52 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fix for file drag handling in the artwork panel
- added config button for the Track Info section of the Compact Player

Orion

Thank you, Steven.

Yet, I'm sorry to bother you with that but even after the update, it still doesn't work for me...

finch1000

I am using version 3.0.5929 and noticed a problem with the Tag by Album function.

When I select one of the albums from the top of the dialog box as shown below:

Then I try to change either the artist or title for one of the tracks:

Then press <Enter> to accept the change:

The artist/title reverts to the original instead of keeping the change.

Steven

• Administrator
I am using version 3.0.5929 and noticed a problem with the Tag by Album function.

The artist/title reverts to the original instead of keeping the change.
thats fixed now:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

finch1000

Thank you for the quick response, Steven! I confirm the fix.

Orion

Drag and drop to the left with left sidebar hidden now works. Thank you Steven !

Orion

PS :

I now use drag and drop to associate albums with a Keyword tag (for soundtracks, it correspond to the type of film : history, action, war, sci-fi, etc.).

When I edit keywords manualy, I can set multiple keywords, simply separating them by a ";"
Yet, when I use drag and drop, I can't do it : if I first drag and drop an album on, say, "History" and then on "War", the latter erases the first instead of being added to it. It is normal ?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yet, when I use drag and drop, I can't do it : if I first drag and drop an album on, say, "History" and then on "War", the latter erases the first instead of being added to it. It is normal ?

I think this would be the case with any tag that you assigned by drag & drop...
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

sleepless

I know I've already brought this up a couple of times before, but I know Steven has had a lot to deal with as of late and I thought I'd mention this one last time before what appears to be the final push for v3. Curently the sorting and grouping options really don't have a place in the podcast menu. They simply don't do anything (that I'm aware of). I look forward to the day that these options get implemented (hopefully), but until then these menu items only serve to create confusion.

redwing

With tabs bar shown in caption bar, if you choose "Show buttons in a separate bar" option for toolbar buttons, then right-click menu command of "Configure Toolbar" is not available.

Steven

• Administrator
With tabs bar shown in caption bar, if you choose "Show buttons in a separate bar" option for toolbar buttons, then right-click menu command of "Configure Toolbar" is not available.
i am aware of this one and will probably leave it as is (it involves some issues technically)

I know I've already brought this up a couple of times before, but I know Steven has had a lot to deal with as of late and I thought I'd mention this one last time before what appears to be the final push for v3. Curently the sorting and grouping options really don't have a place in the podcast menu. They simply don't do anything (that I'm aware of). I look forward to the day that these options get implemented (hopefully), but until then these menu items only serve to create confusion.
for the next update the sorting and grouping options have been removed for the podcasts panel

Citfield

I see that with the new update. The artist pictures don't seem to pick up from the folder i saved it. THe file location is still fine, but it is not working correctly.