Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233059 times)

redwing

Maybe a little late for v3.0 then consider for v3.1:
Though it's great having an almost boundless customizability, it's a little painful to adjust a small setting by every time opening panel editor and then opening panel settings again. How about adding a drop-down menu to "Configure Layout" button (like v2.5 with a small triangle icon next to it) and show some quick settings people mostly use and hidden a little deep? It could show tabs bar settings, column browser layout, AZ bar, show/hide left/right main panel, player control location, etc. Also it could display show/hide headbar setting and panel settings for the selected tab.
Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:20:41 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
This is a strange little bug.
I installed the latest 3.0.5929 on a clean 2.5 portable installation, on a W10 tablet with 125% display setting.
When I for example set 'repeat 1' while a track is playing, , and then select another track to play, the repeat setting switches to 'repeat all'.
When I then set it e.g. to 'repeat none', and skip to another track, the setting switches to 'repeat 1'. Etc.
So somehow after having changed the repeat setting, when as a next step you skip a track, that simultaneously toggles the repeat switch.
i am struggling to see how it could possibly relate to changing a track. There is a bug in the Sidebar Player not showing the repeat one symbol, so even though MB is on repeat one the sidebar player shows repeat all. I will fix that. Other than that i can only think that the skin you are using at high DPI is rendering the repeat button at the same location as the next track button?

carloscs

Misbehaving mouse right click.

On a tab showing "Album and Tracks":

- click on an album to select all it's tracks - ok, album tracks are selected
- control click on another album to add all it's tracks - ok, album tracks are added to selection
- right click on an album to show the popup menu - only the right-clicked album stays selected, all other selected albums get unselected.

Doing the same on individual tracks works as it should: on right clicking all the tracks remain selected.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
If you have multiple artwork images displaying in Track Information (and Enable Image Rotation is checked), when moving to Now Playing tab whatever artwork is currently displayed becomes the album artwork that is used in whatever view you use in the Now Playing tab.

If you cycle thru the Artist Picture/ Album Colour Mix/ Large Artwork/ etc, the artwork will change with whatever is on display back in Track Information on the Music tab.

If Track Information is displayed in the Playlist view of Now Playing tab, the album cover rotation right-click dialog works - except sometimes the image# indicator doesn't move to the correct image on display.

None of the other views have any Album Cover control dialogs

still occuring

This bug of the primary artwork not being used in Now Playing, compact player and mini player when multiple artwork exists is still not fixed.

(or maybe it's a bug of not having control over rotation of additional artwork in those views?)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

hiccup

This is a strange little bug.
I installed the latest 3.0.5929 on a clean 2.5 portable installation, on a W10 tablet with 125% display setting.
When I for example set 'repeat 1' while a track is playing, , and then select another track to play, the repeat setting switches to 'repeat all'.
When I then set it e.g. to 'repeat none', and skip to another track, the setting switches to 'repeat 1'. Etc.
So somehow after having changed the repeat setting, when as a next step you skip a track, that simultaneously toggles the repeat switch.
i am struggling to see how it could possibly relate to changing a track. There is a bug in the Sidebar Player not showing the repeat one symbol, so even though MB is on repeat one the sidebar player shows repeat all. I will fix that. Other than that i can only think that the skin you are using at high DPI is rendering the repeat button at the same location as the next track button?

The repeat and next buttons are far apart, but it might be some skin issue indeed.
I noticed that after the player controls were pressed, they kept displaying the highlight image, even after released.
They will change back to normal state when you press at some other panel.

Something similar with the progressbar, when I click a position there, the time of that position pops-up, and doesn't go away either.

So while it looked as if the repeat state was changing by itself after the playing track ended, it doesn't.
I now understand that after having pressed it, it shows the highlight image, and keeps showing that, until another track starts playing.
You will notice that especially with skins such as Jistme the Nightbee, since the highlight images for repeat and shuffle buttons are images for the'next state'.
So it is some image refresh issue.

Perhaps there is some error in that skin that makes this happen?
One rule that I deliberately have broken, is that play and stop buttons overlap. Perhaps that is a factor?

edit,

I connected a mouse to the tablet, and with that the issue doesn't arise.
So it is related to the touch-screen interface.
Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:25:57 AM by hiccup

Steven

• Administrator
i dont have a touch screen but i can imagine what the issue is. I will try to make a change for the next update but wont be able to test it
edit:
actually looking at the code i dont think i would be able to solve this without having a touch screen myself. I am sure its just a screen paint refresh issue but it should be doing that already.
Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:03:48 AM by Steven

hiccup

i dont have a touch screen but i can imagine what the issue is. I will try to make a change for the next update but wont be able to test it
edit:
actually looking at the code i dont think i would be able to solve this without having a touch screen myself. I am sure its just a screen paint refresh issue but it should be doing that already.

It's probably better not to waste your time on this. It might even be a specific touchscreen issue for my model of tablet.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
I noticed that after the player controls were pressed, they kept displaying the highlight image, even after released.
They will change back to normal state when you press at some other panel.

Something similar with the progressbar, when I click a position there, the time of that position pops-up, and doesn't go away either.

edit,

I am sure its just a screen paint refresh issue but it should be doing that already.

I would say it's more to do with a touch screen being a 2-state device (on/off) and a mouse is a 3-state device (on/hover/off).
The highlight images that are normally displayed on hover-over are probably being used as the on state image.
I did make a post concerning this (and a need to update the Skin Creator to take it into account) when I updated Metro Touch skin to Dark Touch.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

hiccup

I would say it's more to do with a touch screen being a 2-state device (on/off) and a mouse is a 3-state device (on/hover/off).
The highlight images that are normally displayed on hover-over are probably being used as the on state image.
I did make a post concerning this (and a need to update the Skin Creator to take it into account) when I updated Metro Touch skin to Dark Touch.

Without getting perhaps into semantics, my touchscreen does seem to be able to sense also when I lift pressure from the screen again.
I can for example press the screen and hold that for a few seconds, and then release it, which is registered too.
Not sure if you could call this 2- or - 3 state though.
It might have something to do with the small timing differences of press/release between mouse and touchscreen?

Orion

3. Whilst it's a great feature, is there any way to turn off the left sidebar opening automatically when dragging tracks (it does this even when option hide is selected)? I'd love to be able to disable this on some tabs because I do a lot of dragging to the column browser when tagging tracks and the first column always gets blocked by the left sidebar opening up.
i will change it so the panel doesnt auto-popup if the left sidebar is set as hidden as opposed to hide (auto-open)

Maybe I'm wrong but I guessed the problem had been fixed since the above quoted answers you gave to RTesla. Yet, I still face the same problem on my MusicBee (despite I set up the last available 3.0 update). Does it mean you didn't had the time to think about it ? decided you wouldn't do it eventualy ? that it comes from my configuration ?
(by the way, I do have configured the left panel as "hidden", not as "auto-hide").

I also wonder if it you be possible to auto-hide and display the Vertical Column Browser : it would be a great feature to save space and enhance the appearance. Yet, I guess it would be hard to achieve given the fact that, currently, moving the mouse to the edge of the screeen is already associated to one action (displaying the left panel).
If it's to hard to do or if you don't see the point of it, then just forget about it.

Steven

• Administrator
Maybe I'm wrong but I guessed the problem had been fixed since the above quoted answers you gave to RTesla. Yet, I still face the same problem on my MusicBee (despite I set up the last available 3.0 update). Does it mean you didn't had the time to think about it ? decided you wouldn't do it eventualy ? that it comes from my configuration ?
(by the way, I do have configured the left panel as "hidden", not as "auto-hide").
as long as you have the left sidebar configured to "hide" as opposed to "hide (auto-open)" then the left sidebar should not open when dragging files unless you drag to the very left edge of the musicbee window.
I advise putting any functionality change requests in a separate wishlist topic as they wont be looked at for this release

Orion

I tried again and it still doesn't work.

My MusicBee is configured this way :

I would like to use the drag and drop to associate albums to the year (or other tags I will display in the Column Browser).

As you can see, auto-hide option is not activated :

I have noticed that the left panel appears as soon as my mouse (dragging the album) goes to the left (even if it stays in the Main Panel section of the screen). It doen't if I move the mouse to the right. What is more, I also tried with the right panel : it does not appear when hidden option is activated and when I drag a file to the right. It only happens with the left panel...

Steven

• Administrator
I tried again and it still doesn't work.
yes you are right - i will also implement this for the artwork view

Steven

• Administrator
one thing i notice is your panel arrangement dialog overlaps the buttons. Is that because your screen is not high enough? If thats not the case, would you mind sending me a link to your settings (help/ support/ view settings) as i am not able to reproduce that

Orion

Thank you for you attention, Steven. I will wait for the next update of the 3.0 beta version.

I guess the final release is getting closer. Congratulations : you did a wonderful job !