Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233296 times)

rurutia10

Here is how the crashing bug just happened for me

1. Play a song until it's almost finished
2. Pause the song, take a break from listening (20~ minutes)
3. Come back and play the song
4. Hear my hard drive spinning
5. Crash

Alumni

this is the older bass.dll to see if the new bass.dll is the issue:

Today Windows Defender told me it had detected malware and quarantined it, referring to "bass.dll" in the MusicBee folder. It's labelled as a trojan with a 'severe' threat level. I'm sure this is a false positive, but why now all of a sudden would it think this file is infected?

Edit: Recent patches posted in this thread are being auto-deleted as I download them, since they are detected as containing a 'virus'.

Edit: For the time being at least, the older bass.dll you linked seems like it's not affected by this problem.
Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 05:33:00 AM by Alumni

theta_wave

Upload the suspected bass.dll to https://www.virustotal.com/ to determine whether it's a false positive.

Alumni

Upload the suspected bass.dll to https://www.virustotal.com/ to determine whether it's a false positive.

Thanks, but I'm not worried. It's just an annoyance to have your AV software preventing you from patching MusicBee.

hiccup

Thanks, but I'm not worried. It's just an annoyance to have your AV software preventing you from patching MusicBee.

But it is weird.
I just downloaded the latest patch (from niblseed), let Windows Defender do a custom scan on it, and it gives me no alerts at all.

Can you give the link from where in the forum you downloaded what patch, so I can try that too?
(but I would think that would be the same nibleseed source)

If in doubt if perhaps the bass.dll somehow was altered afterwards (can viri do that?), it might be good to check if the hash codes still match?

btw, my Defender versions:
Antimalware Client Version: 4.9.10586.0
Engine Version: 1.1.12505.0
Antivirus definition: 1.215.3020.0
Antispyware definition: 1.215.3020.0

Steven

• Administrator
Getting this error when ejecting my ipod. I'm not sure when I last ejected it successfully, but I'm sure it was working 7-10 days ago.
that should have been fixed since the version you are using

Alumni

@hiccup

It looks like my Windows Defender is not as up to date compared to yours, which is strange because I thought it updated by itself.
Maybe the solution is as simple as updating it with the latest definitions, I'll see how it goes. In the mean time I can use the older dll file.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Version: 3.0.5928
tab opened in playlist node
tab heading not updated to current playlist name when clicking through different playlists

sorry. had to close old tab and open new tab to fix it.
even re-start didn't clear stuck heading
Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 12:17:17 PM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
sorry. had to close old tab and open new tab to fix it.
even re-start didn't clear stuck heading
if a heading is stuck then there is probably a text override. I changed the behavior for pinned tabs recently to they now repsect the tab header override so thats why you would not have noticed before

Steven

• Administrator
Hopefully this post makes some sense.  I can get some screen captures if needed.  Thanks!
not really as what you say doesnt correspond to how tabs are implemented ie. each tab indpendently holds its own view (Albums is a different view to Artists) - the settings for a view are shared. Can you post screenshots
I bundled my questions into a PDF here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9tpy8qevevgz2y/Musicbee%20Questions.pdf?dl=0
unless you can establish a set of steps where the view is being changed in another tab then i wont be able to help as that should not happen. Make sure you are using the latest version posted below in case it was some old bug
For the 2nd question that was already answered. Just change the view in the drill-down window to the one you want

About the SideBar player controls:
Not a big deal, but it would look better with more space between the last button and track position/duration.
What do you mean by the "last button" and i dont see how making the gap between the player controls and the track/ position duration wider would help
Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:49:36 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above
- for custom bitmap skins, they should now scale much better for high dpi screens (tested at 150%). I wont say every skin is perfect but for the majority they now look good.

edit:
link is updated now
Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:51:03 PM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What do you mean by the "last button" and i dont see how making the gap between the player controls and the track/ position duration wider would help

In the screenshot, the shuffle button is crowded up again the duration clock.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
In the screenshot, the shuffle button is crowded up again the duration clock.
ok thanks - i didnt see those buttons

hiccup

This is a strange little bug.
I installed the latest 3.0.5929 on a clean 2.5 portable installation, on a W10 tablet with 125% display setting.
When I for example set 'repeat 1' while a track is playing, , and then select another track to play, the repeat setting switches to 'repeat all'.
When I then set it e.g. to 'repeat none', and skip to another track, the setting switches to 'repeat 1'. Etc.
So somehow after having changed the repeat setting, when as a next step you skip a track, that simultaneously toggles the repeat switch.

I checked, and that does not happen on my desktop computer setup, only on my tablet.

And a minor observation on something that has been the case for as long as I remember, after a clean install, MB has 'repeat all' as default status. Not 'repeat none' as I would expect.

hiccup

- for custom bitmap skins, they should now scale much better for high dpi screens (tested at 150%). I wont say every skin is perfect but for the majority they now look good.

I just checked 'Zen Hive' on 125%, and that one is still a bit of a mess, but that is probably because I broke some rules, misusing images and backgrounds here and there?