Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233699 times)

Steven

• Administrator
Hopefully this post makes some sense.  I can get some screen captures if needed.  Thanks!
not really as what you say doesnt correspond to how tabs are implemented ie. each tab indpendently holds its own view (Albums is a different view to Artists) - the settings for a view are shared. Can you post screenshots

Steven

• Administrator
Regarding this, I also noticed a few times MB crashed without an apparent reason while playing in shuffle.
Could it have something to do with the new bass.dll file? I checked recent patches, and probably such a bug started to be reported around the time you added that file to the patch.
what do you mean by crash and is anything in the error log?
this is the older bass.dll to see if the new bass.dll is the issue:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s8zieq355vlezer/bass.zip

KissCool

I usually have multiple tabs open with a primary "MUSIC" tab that I navigate for my library and I prefer to keep in "Artist" view followed by "Album" view.  I don't use the left-hand navigation tree for this tab.  On my 2nd tab, I utilize the navigation tree and also use the "Artist" view, and this is where I manage new entries into my library and do things like tag editing, adding cover art, FLAC->MP3 conversions.   My issue is that after I do work in the 2nd tab and go back to the "MUSIC" tab, the "MUSIC" tab is now displayed by "Album" rather than "Artist".   Am I missing a setting that will keep the first tab from re-arranging the display settings?  I tried the "Pin Tab" feature but this didn't seem to affect it.
Create a "Custom View" for the 1st tab. It should work.

I've also tried to duplicate the setup I had with v2.5 where in my "MUSIC" tab which again is displayed by Artists if I double clicked on an Artist, all of the albums would be displayed (by cover art), and then if I double clicked on an album, that album's artwork and track detail/listings would be listed.   With v3.0, when I double click on the album, I just get a single album view without the track details.
Finally, I'm not the only one who miss this feature:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg106122#msg106122
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg106458#msg106458

Unfortunately:

@KissCool,
yes it was discussed. Change the view using the view selector in the header bar and it should persist. Also can you post the actual error you got (help/ support/ view error log - the error at the end)
You still can do it in v3, but it's not as fast and convenient than in v2.5
Artists view -> Album Covers view -> Album & Tracks view <- Album Covers view -- Dropdown menu: Select Artists view. Repeat.

redwing

Regarding this, I also noticed a few times MB crashed without an apparent reason while playing in shuffle.
Could it have something to do with the new bass.dll file? I checked recent patches, and probably such a bug started to be reported around the time you added that file to the patch.
what do you mean by crash and is anything in the error log?
this is the older bass.dll to see if the new bass.dll is the issue:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s8zieq355vlezer/bass.zip

Just a typical crash while playing a random track: Windows pops up "MB has stopped working" message. No errors have been logged.
I'm gonna start using that old bass file and see if the crash reoccurs. But it's not something I can reproduce.

Steven

• Administrator
You still can do it in v3, but it's not as fast and convenient than in v2.5
Artists view -> Album Covers view -> Album & Tracks view <- Album Covers view -- Dropdown menu: Select Artists view. Repeat.
i think we are on a bit of a disconnect here and i find your little flow diagrams really confusing.
If you are refering to double clicking a picture where MB shows the tracks in the picture in a specific view, then the view used will be persisted separately for when you double click on an Artist picture, and for when you click on an Album picture. But i've already said this to you.

ankor

not bug, more about UI...v3.0.5928

recently I updated artwork using "copy to the same folder as the music file and name as". but some tracks didn't get the desired artwork (operas, musicals) so I thought I'd just manually set the artwork. in my mind, I wanted to save the images in the music file (something I did not want to do for the rest of the tracks) but didn't think to change the setting in Preferences | Tags(1). I'd find the image and then Edit the artwork tag and used Paste and then save to leave Edit.

Then I notice the images were not stored in the music file. And I understand why. The reason for the post is to pose the question whether I needed to make the switch in Preferences or whether an option could be presented (or the context menu options could be expanded to offer "embed picture in the music file" and any other options) when wanting to "Paste" the new image. Thoughts?

Edit: I switched the setting in Preferences to embed the artwork. As I go through the tracks and paste the new image, I get presented with the dialog for choosing artwork storage location. I change the setting from "link" to "embed", hit Ok and then click Save. Sometimes the save works and sometimes the process has to be repeated because the image was not saved to the track. I haven't been able to determine the reason for the variation. But when I repeat the pasting of the image, I don't get the dialog again, I simply paste and save and then it works fine.
Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 05:25:00 PM by ankor

Steven

• Administrator
@ankor, MB will use the artwork storage preferences when associating new artwork with a music file. To override individual tracks, go to the Artwork tab in the Tag Editor/ click the "Save To" button on the picture and set the picture location(s)

KissCool

i think we are on a bit of a disconnect here and i find your little flow diagrams really confusing.
If you are refering to double clicking a picture where MB shows the tracks in the picture in a specific view, then the view used will be persisted separately for when you double click on an Artist picture, and for when you click on an Album picture. But i've already said this to you.
It was just an answer to superstar19. I should have used a PM. Sorry.

And about the diagrams:
v2.5

v3.0

But as you said, we already discussed about this.
I just don't use the Artists view anymore but the Album Covers view + Thumbnail browser: it's even a faster browsing shema (maybe, it's just less pleasant to browse artists in the thumbnail browser than in Artists view) and last but not least, this way, I also don't lose the group header in the album cover view. So, it's all good.

Steven

• Administrator
@KissCool, i see what you mean now and that is an oversight which i will correct for the next update

superstar19

Hopefully this post makes some sense.  I can get some screen captures if needed.  Thanks!
not really as what you say doesnt correspond to how tabs are implemented ie. each tab indpendently holds its own view (Albums is a different view to Artists) - the settings for a view are shared. Can you post screenshots
I bundled my questions into a PDF here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9tpy8qevevgz2y/Musicbee%20Questions.pdf?dl=0

Let me know if this is a problem.

Thanks!

Plannar

Hi everybody,

Could you please bring back the option to remove dead links from the library when scanning new songs? I think that was one of the things that I liked the most from MusicBee, and now I don't have it! I have a huge music library and to keep it organized, I'm updating new songs, deleting or renaming others, and I would like to have the option to delete those files with broken links. I don't want to be closing and reopening the program to use the option that updates the library when MB starts...

Thanks!

sleepless

Getting this error when ejecting my ipod. I'm not sure when I last ejected it successfully, but I'm sure it was working 7-10 days ago.

MusicBee v3.0.5926.40083 (Win6.1), 25 Mar 2016 14:36:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qusLwCp$flwpU_uIEYnhuWg$6GQpgpj_fIrSu92j_Jig=.#=qK6FRgFaomcyoSMy2sgFkqSbrB5L3H6NhYpsFl9vMT7w=(Boolean #=q09FwwBl3ccMO2t$iCHqjDQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qhsMXnthDYZ$gVe3TQ057us7izaEwXupbGnDXr2FpjPw=._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=qG8XtiK6HG8YVXLqW9mT_XA==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qcRzSJZCF_n4bWG$uENhLEQ==(PaintEventArgs #=qFv6z3wTLVQFh6dEy3cRtZg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qPIm8RlTlfWOkwukiJwHRc6X1aVNMu1aFvfXGN$$HljA=._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=q9H3ygZDJmb1TH4lfBx9q4w==)
   at #=qrtSZq$1PbsHp7RzRYoEHyA==.#=qF220ZxpGqlQaKJBfX4q7nQ==.#=q1FZbhpFGuVES5BBkFlQxzg==(Graphics #=qfcp1jA92$AfiZGuwLxpurA==, #=qZiMGGlQ$pIG7IJa9Iqv2AxrBA$s_avVK$JPueKlpbrs= #=qkGi570dfaK5YFLdPeEX4Hw==, Rectangle #=qvyMY656_KgX$Lw1BdPbtOw==, Rectangle #=qlVGXCykgY1n3EMs6Yi1vOw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs #=qab8bMa$eBYO2l5eVXsBYng==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qZ1mxuhMt2sPq6BiLI4enPKxfeystwFhEiM2WTCusH4g=.WndProc(Message& #=qwZo4ObrurlEYyMnkaJ2J8A==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.WndProc(Message& #=q8zsEw5U1qgFZUfohmboggw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

KissCool

About the SideBar player controls:

Not a big deal, but it would look better with more space between the last button and track position/duration.

sleepless

In the left main panel, l have the thumbnail browser together with the spectrum visualizer. This glitch occurs when I switch to a view where the thubnail browser is hidden. It looks like some track content in the panel header:

ankor

@ankor, MB will use the artwork storage preferences when associating new artwork with a music file. To override individual tracks, go to the Artwork tab in the Tag Editor/ click the "Save To" button on the picture and set the picture location(s)
ah great. I was focusing on the Tags tab. thanks