Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233468 times)

redwing

Currently vertical AZ jump bar gets placed at the left of column/thumbnail browser when those elements are placed in the main panel. I think the AZ bar should be placed at the right of those elements because it only controls main panel.

Also please display it (web browser plugin tab) in the main panel only so that left & right main panel can be used along with it.
i am not planning to change either of these and while i agree with the logic of your first point, i felt the bar visually interferes with the filter panels when docked that way. If others chip in and say they agree with you then i will reconsider

OK, but I think it's more of a bug as AZ bar gets placed (properly) at the right of thumbnail browser when it's placed in the left main panel. The problem only arises when filter panels are placed in the main panel, and the way I see it is rather filter browsers visually interfere with the AZ bar. I can wait for others' support, or a compromise might be to make vertical AZ bar movable in the panel layout editor.

Alumni

i need to have some idea where the error is in order to create a debug version. If the lock up you had was completely random there is very little i can do as the amount of code involved is too large. If there are steps you can do to reproduce the problem then i can do something

Oh ok, I didn't realize that. Do you think it would make a difference whether the song is scrubbed to the end and stopped, rather than playing through normally and stopped? (for testing purposes)

brx

I've found this small issue.
1) Click on rating near the player controls (below).
2) The rating in the playlist doesn't update.
3) It shows properly on selecting an item in the playlist.
http://imgur.com/AK9i01O

Steven

• Administrator
Do you think it would make a difference whether the song is scrubbed to the end and stopped, rather than playing through normally and stopped? (for testing purposes)
it could make a difference as there is additional code called when the play count increments. My suggestion would be to spend a bit of time by moving the jump bar towards the end of the track and then stopping in the last 4 seconds. If no issues happen after trying say 30 times, then i could give you a version that always invokes the play count incrementing irrespective of the actual time played.

Steven

• Administrator
And A-Z jumpbar still does not work. I am using Album Cover view with sort by Album and group by Album selected.
i am just trying this now and all is working fine. Would you mind sending me your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

one thing i noticed is when header bar is hidden, and also left sidebar is in auto hide mode, you can't access left sidebar options by right clicking on the tabs.
thats fixed for the next update
Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 06:55:34 PM by Steven

AvikB

i am just trying this now and all is working fine. Would you mind sending me your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
here is a paste of my setting file:
http://paste2.org/MEUM4D4I

Steven

• Administrator
here is a paste of my setting file:
its all working fine for me. The only thing i can think of that has tripped up musicbee in the past is if the files are not sorted exactly as they should be due to localisation issues.
So could you confirm if it works with A then B then C etc until it doesnt work. And for the letter that doesnt work, check the files are all correctly sorted for the preceding letter

AvikB

here is a screenshot of my sorting and grouping:

its all working fine for me. The only thing i can think of that has tripped up musicbee in the past is if the files are not sorted exactly as they should be due to localisation issues.
I do have few japanese songs in japanese characters. But even if i filtered them out it still does not work.

So could you confirm if it works with A then B then C etc until it doesnt work. And for the letter that doesnt work, check the files are all correctly sorted for the preceding letter
When i first start musicbee, if i click on A-Z jump bar for the first click it works as expected. but after that it does not work properly. Here is a small screen capture showing the issue.

https://dropfile.to/mEHTd

Steven

• Administrator
you have "enable multi-character searches" enabled, so if you click a 2nd letter before 3 secs then it appends that letter the search rather than a brand new search.
there is a bug that this right click menu is not available when the a-z bar is vertical so i will fix that.
In the interim, show the header bar and dock the a-z bar horizontally, then right click and untick the option

AvikB

you have "enable multi-character searches" enabled, so if you click a 2nd letter before 3 secs then it appends that letter the search rather than a brand new search.
there is a bug that this right click menu is not available when the a-z bar is vertical so i will fix that.
In the interim, show the header bar and dock the a-z bar horizontally, then right click and untick the option

Ah thanks, that fixed it :)

Steven

• Administrator
I synced up a portable device. After it was 100% complete, I opened the left sidebar and hit "Safely Remove Device" and MB3 immediately crashed.
sometimes there are really weird errors. I have put in some handling which will hopefully cope with this error

I've found this small issue.
1) Click on rating near the player controls (below).
2) The rating in the playlist doesn't update.
3) It shows properly on selecting an item in the playlist.
thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
Maybe instead of offering two splitters as is, you could make one splitter element never disappear from available elements box so that it could be supplied more than two and look neater when none of it is used.
i do agree and thats what i was already planning to do at some point after v3

Steven

• Administrator
The second one was an old bug that you fixed years ago, but somehow it came back.
Let's say you have two tracks:
Title: track 1, Artist: John Williams, Genre: Soundtrack, Album: Jaws
Title: track 2, Artist: John Williams, Genre: Soundtrack, Album: Dracula

Play track 1 and then track 2, but the pictures are still those of Jaws. To change it to Dracula, you have to close and open the picture element again.
i am not able to reproduce this. Could you send me the file:
SavedSountrackMappings.dat which is in the AppData folder

Also could you confirm you are refering to the Artist Pictures view
Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:10:21 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above

h0m3r

There are (I think) a bug with the locked tabs.
I have this settings.

When I click a Filter --> the Filter appears to me in the same Tab
When i click a Playlist --> open a new tab with the Playlist
But the Playlist should me be displayed in the same Tab?!

Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 12:03:15 AM by h0m3r