Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233479 times)

Steven

• Administrator
When I use the Search and then change the view in, for example, cover or title details the search discarded.
I think that has already been fixed. But now the Bug is back.
I mentioned this earlier, but the wording wasn't very clear. Selecting a custom view results in the playlist manager dissappearing.
those are both fixed for the next update

sleepless

No biggie, just thought I'd mention a small glitch in the Now Playing panel configuration. When an element is added back to the available list after being removed from the panel, the text for the options below is lowered and overlaps the radiobutton area.

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
If you have multiple artwork images displaying in Track Information (and Enable Image Rotation is checked), when moving to Now Playing tab whatever artwork is currently displayed becomes the album artwork that is used in whatever view you use in the Now Playing tab.

If you cycle thru the Artist Picture/ Album Colour Mix/ Large Artwork/ etc, the artwork will change with whatever is on display back in Track Information on the Music tab.

If Track Information is displayed in the Playlist view of Now Playing tab, the album cover rotation right-click dialog works - except sometimes the image# indicator doesn't move to the correct image on display.

None of the other views have any Album Cover control dialogs

still occuring
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
for consistency, shouldn't 'hide panels header bar' also remove these headers?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Alumni

was it in the last few seconds of the track?

Actually yes, I'm pretty sure the track was nearly finished when I stopped it.

rurutia10

was it in the last few seconds of the track?

Actually yes, I'm pretty sure the track was nearly finished when I stopped it.

Okay, we have 100% exactly the same problem then. It always happened at the end of a track for me and when I wanted to play the next song --> crash.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Graphical glitches: update missing lyrics and web browser.  125% magnification.

MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

rurutia10

Sent. Thought it was a weird touch and I wasn't sure it was intended or not since it came out of nowhere xD
missed the most obvious condition of all - when showing album covers in the main panel. Thats fixed for the next update

For artist view it's still there (artists with only one album)

Alumni

I believe that's why the feature was added, to show the cover of a single album in artist view.

rurutia10

I believe that's why the feature was added, to show the cover of a single album in artist view.

tbh I don't know what's so good about such a small stretched album icon, why do you want to see it like that? Most people have artwork element on a side bar anyways, which looks thousand times better? If you don't have "show album art" enabled, I don't expect any album art at all in the expanded panel.

Maybe make it an option for those who really want to see the album art in such a small size?

OR better yet, for artists with only 1 album, just show the album normally in expanded panel and not directly the tracks, like any other artist with multiple albums. I don't see anything wrong with 1 extra mouse click if it means just seeing the album art in normal size.
Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 01:44:18 PM by rurutia10

Steven

• Administrator
for consistency, shouldn't 'hide panels header bar' also remove these headers?
its a compromise. They would have no easy way to change items that you can access via the context menu.
For a future MB release i will probably add the ability to individually hide the sub-panels as well

Steven

• Administrator
Graphical glitches: update missing lyrics and web browser.  125% magnification.
the layout for the auto-tag function is addressed for the next MB update and i have updated the web browser plugin for better icon handling on high dpi screens (its the usual web browser plugin link):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pkhy169yxp306ti/mb_WebBrowser.zip

Steven

• Administrator
@rurutia10 and @Alumni, I am still not able to reproduce any issues using Alumnis settings and by stopping playback just before the end of a track.
It would be useful to know if you are easily able to reproduce the issue yourself by repeatedly performing that action.
If so then i can create a debug version for this.

rurutia10

Nothing on the album art icon in artist view for artists with one album?

I don't even mind it that much but just found it weird a feature that was requested has been nerved to compensate another feature in artist view.

also don't think it looks good at all, and should be made optional, but if others here like it..

The reason I asked for that feature was because I wanted it to be as minimalist as possible. Doesn't really do what it says anymore, at least in artist view
Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 08:41:16 PM by rurutia10