Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233341 times)

theta_wave

Tab headers are all CAPs now.  Is this a bug or was it by design?  Also, the header title for an unlocked tab doesn't change when opening last.fm statistics like before.
I failed to catch this change also.  Steven replied to my query.
Edit > Layout (1) > Header Bar > Tabs Bar > Style
Fixes the all CAPs issue but it introduces some weird visual artifacts.  Also, the latter issue is still there.

Alumni

i have enhanced the panel so it shows a small album cover by the album name - it doesnt change the total space required by the expanded panel

Looks neat, and a good solution for that layout.

PS: I noticed the playlist manager was recently tweaked so playlists appear on top now (I like it better this way), although I don't remember seeing it mentioned in this thread. I'm guessing any further changes to the manager will be saved for the next version?
Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 10:20:51 AM by Alumni

RTesla

The depth of customisation with MB3 is quite remarkable. Fair play for a colossal effort.

Just have 3 comments:

1. I've been customising the icon layout and noticed two commands seem to be missing: hide left and right main panels. The ones there at present hide the left and right sidebars. I have the thumbnail browser setup in the left panel and as such, I have an icon setup to hide thumbnail browser which hides this left panel. But otherwise I can't seem to find a way to quickly hide either panel. One last command which would also be nice to have is to select between horizontal and vertical column browser.

2. Mentioned it before but dragging a track from an auto-hidden right sidebar still won't open an auto-hidden left sidebar. Either the left or right sidebar must be open in order for you to be able to drag and drop a track onto say a playlist in the left sidebar.

3. Whilst it's a great feature, is there any way to turn off the left sidebar opening automatically when dragging tracks (it does this even when option hide is selected)? I'd love to be able to disable this on some tabs because I do a lot of dragging to the column browser when tagging tracks and the first column always gets blocked by the left sidebar opening up.

Keep up the great work Steven!
Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 10:58:40 AM by RTesla

Alumni

Tonight MusicBee froze on me (completely non-responsive), normally I wouldn't bring it up but it's a very rare occurrence. It seemed to happen just as I pressed stop while a track was playing. The error log didn't report anything.

rurutia10

In artwork view expanded panel, the album art now shows in a really small icon at the top left corner. http://i.imgur.com/AJKImbm.png

Can this be made into an option? I already got an artwork view element on the right side bar and I don't need it. Liked it more cleaner.
Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:19:25 PM by rurutia10

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Tonight MusicBee froze on me (completely non-responsive), normally I wouldn't bring it up but it's a very rare occurrence. It seemed to happen just as I pressed stop while a track was playing. The error log didn't report anything.

This has happened to me several times over the past some weeks; it's definitely when I hit the play/pause button.  It seems to be after the audio device used by the computer changes; I chalked it up to the plugin that links MB volume and system volume.  Are you using that plugin, and/or had you recently switched from speakers or headphones or something like that?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Auto-organise button now has an alert icon next to it which shows a warning message - "WARNING: Files can be moved when added to the library and when editing tags." The problem is it doesn't sound like a warning but rather a description of a feature. I'd suggest the following wording: "WARNING: When enabled, files will be moved and renamed based on tags and you cannot undo the change."

Also, please add another alert icon and and warning message to the grouping setting as it seems many people can't figure it out after they adjust the setting without knowing its potential consequences.

"WARNING: If you change this setting, some of your current albums could split or merge"

This would help people return to the setting when they notice some anomalies with album grouping.

rurutia10

@Alumni
@psychoadept

I have the exact same problem, play or stop a song and musicbee crashes, it happens really occasionally. I reported it months ago but Steven could not find the solution or the cause. Actually I'm glad to hear that it's not just me.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
@Alumni
@psychoadept

I have the exact same problem, play or stop a song and musicbee crashes, it happens really occasionally. I reported it months ago but Steven could not find the solution or the cause. Actually I'm glad to hear that it's not just me.

Can you say whether it was also associated with the audio device for you?  Are you using the volume link plugin?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

rurutia10

This has happened to me several times over the past some weeks; it's definitely when I hit the play/pause button.  It seems to be after the audio device used by the computer changes; I chalked it up to the plugin that links MB volume and system volume.  Are you using that plugin, and/or had you recently switched from speakers or headphones or something like that?

I've only been using speakers for a long while and the crash happens. Didn't use any plug in at all when I was getting the crashes. (I'm pretty sure).

I use my keyboard's media buttons (pause, next, back), like 80% of the time and sometimes I click with my mouse. It can't be those media buttons right? Never had the crashing problem with 2.5.

Alumni

Can you say whether it was also associated with the audio device for you?  Are you using the volume link plugin?

My audio configuration has remained the same for a long time, and I don't have the volume plugin installed. PS: I am using ASIO output.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've only been using speakers for a long while and the crash happens. Didn't use any plug in at all when I was getting the crashes. (I'm pretty sure).

I use my keyboard's media buttons (pause, next, back), like 80% of the time and sometimes I click with my mouse. It can't be those media buttons right? Never had the crashing problem with 2.5.

My audio configuration has remained the same for a long time, and I don't have the volume plugin installed. PS: I am using ASIO output.

Dang it.  I was hoping we'd be able to narrow it down together.  Maybe there are different causes, although the symptoms sound exactly the same.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Alumni

Dang it.  I was hoping we'd be able to narrow it down together.  Maybe there are different causes, although the symptoms sound exactly the same.

I don't suppose its related to the variable buffer size slider (introduced a few versions ago) - or does this bug predate that?

rurutia10

I used WASAPI for a long while and occasionally got the crash. For a few months now I haven't used any USB dac, just using directsound, and it doesn't seem like something changed. At this point for me it's a minor annoyance and just kill the process/restart musicbee.

Steven

• Administrator
After navigating to podcasts, the thumbnail browser scrollbar from the previous node remains visible. This only happens the first time the podcast node is visited. If you leave and then re-enter it goes back to normal. Also if MB is started in the podcast node, it doesn't occur.
would you mind re-sending me your settings (I deleted your last ones) as i cant reproduce this