Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233226 times)

orbittwz

Hey!
my first post :)
just wanted to thank Steven for this wonderful application, you are awesome
for a while I'm testing this Winamp RIP replacement and i can finally say this will be my main player indefinitely :P

wanted to achieve the exact skin and layout KissCool got with the program and I'm missing several things:
1. the text color is pink... how can i change that?
2. the main bar, how can i change it to that bar? centered text icons... etc...

that's all i guess... the secret "Artist Pictures" trick I've managed to achieve (secretly :P ) and all other settings are configured successfully.

Skin used: DarkREDFlat3
Font: Segoe UI Black size9

let me know pls... thx

my current player picture:

ankor

Speaking of the cleaner look, what about the option to make the browser arrows at the top invisible. I never use them and wondering if others would like the cleaner look.

And I agree, a flat look for the tabs blending into the background would be another great step toward a cleaner look.

KissCool

Welcome!
1. Well, I can't answer for endeavour1934, but he made a magenta version for MB v2.4. Maybe, he'll make one for v3.0.
But, if you can't wait, you'll have to edit the skin file (if it's a "bitmap" skin, you'll have to ask him for the source)
Here the values:
Win 8.0: magenta = 193,0,79
Win 8.1: magenta = 194,0,71
If you're using the hidden win10 dark theme:
magenta = 195,0,82 // background = 31,31,31 // White = 255,255,255 // Light grey = 165,165,165 (what I'm using in my screenshot)
2. Not sure what you mean.
Tabs : I explained everything here. + preferences->layout (1)->header bar section->tabs bar: show below caption bar
Icons: check here
Centered text: not doable.

Steven

• Administrator
The latest update broke the play/pause button. Play a song, click on the play/pause button with your mouse, it won't react.
yes there is an introduced bug for your settings - i have uploaded a corrected version on the usual link

Steven

• Administrator
just regarding the tabs, i will look at doing something although at the moment i am not sure whether it should be a skin setting or user setting (which i want to avoid adding too many options and the layout may better suit if the active tab is not coloured differently)

orbittwz

Welcome!
1. Well, I can't answer for endeavour1934, but he made a magenta version for MB v2.4. Maybe, he'll make one for v3.0.
But, if you can't wait, you'll have to edit the skin file (if it's a "bitmap" skin, you'll have to ask him for the source)
Here the values:
Win 8.0: magenta = 193,0,79
Win 8.1: magenta = 194,0,71
If you're using the hidden win10 dark theme:
magenta = 195,0,82 // background = 31,31,31 // White = 255,255,255 // Light grey = 165,165,165 (what I'm using in my screenshot)
2. Not sure what you mean.
Tabs : I explained everything here. + preferences->layout (1)->header bar section->tabs bar: show below caption bar
Icons: check here
Centered text: not doable.

Thank you!
regarding the text color, the skin I'm using is XML file, can you point me which variables to change?

Steven

• Administrator
Could this be helpful to address the issue?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee330730%28VS.85%29.aspx#browser_emulation
thats a very good find and might yet come as useful but setting the Browser Emulation value for IE11 didnt make any difference for me

Steven

• Administrator
When filtered with thumbnail browser, if you switch to another view in the main panel, all other items in the thumbnail browser disappear when they should stay. And "all items" at the top shows an incorrect count.
thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
In the Playing Tracks element (docked in right sidebar), 5 dots appears on mouseover instead of 5 stars.
thats fixed for the next update

sleepless

EDIT: Sorry, ignore what I wrote above. I was confused, but I think I figured it out. What happens is that for the playlist tab, partial navigation allows for music, audiobooks, and inbox to be selected. In fact, when you open the playlist manager, the music node is selected by default. Anyway, if either of these three nodes are selected, and a custom view is selected, a new tab opens with that view while the original playlist tab remains. So a custom view cannot be selected in the playlist tab if any of the top 3 nodes are selected.
Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:59:28 PM by sleepless

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above

sleepless

In relation to my above post: Would it be possible to remove the music/audiobooks/inbox nodes from the playlist manager? I just don't see the need currently. There are so many other ways to navigate or transfer files if need be. If not, I think that navigating to these areas should open a new tab if partial navigation lock has been selected. This is the behavior when selecting these areas from the main sidebar, so to be consistant it should be the same for the playlist manager sidebar.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
In relation to my above post: Would it be possible to remove the music/audiobooks/inbox nodes from the playlist manager? I just don't see the need currently. There are so many other ways to navigate or transfer files if need be. If not, I think that navigating to these areas should open a new tab if partial navigation lock has been selected. This is the behavior when selecting these areas from the main sidebar, so to be consistant it should be the same for the playlist manager sidebar.

I know I'm being a broken record, but this kind of thing is why I think the playlist manager should just be its own panel, like all the others. As currently implemented, I would hate for it to lose those nodes, since you can't have it and them open any other way (well, maybe in tabs, but I'm not much of a tabs guy).  If it stands alone, it won't need the other nodes and can be used more flexibly according to the style of the user.  Am I really the only one who would prefer it that way?
Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 03:27:44 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

rurutia10

The latest update broke the play/pause button. Play a song, click on the play/pause button with your mouse, it won't react.
yes there is an introduced bug for your settings - i have uploaded a corrected version on the usual link

you're the best :D

sleepless

I know I'm being a broken record, but this kind of thing is why I think the playlist manager should just be its own panel, like all the others. As currently implemented, I would hate for it to lose those nodes, since you can't have it and them open any other way (well, maybe in tabs, but I'm not much of a tabs guy).  If it stands alone, it won't need the other nodes and can be used more flexibly according to the style of the user.  Am I really the only one who would prefer it that way?

I think that's a good idea. However, I'm just trying to understand. Why not use the navigation panel/ left sidebar? I'm confused.