Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248589 times)

Orion

Just one little improvement suggestion : in the Thumbnail Browser, the pictures are taking a lot of place (and that's very welcome !) but sometimes it hides the end of the artist's name.

Example, here with Spanish film music composer "Alfonso de Vilallonga" :

It could be useful to have the name displayed on two lines when it's too long to be displayed on only one line (as there's room for it).

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above
- for the music explorer panel, you can now click on the artist name and MB will show a profile page. I know people will want more than this and i might do some more

h0m3r

When I use the Search and then change the view in, for example, cover or title details the search discarded.
can I change this?
2 & 3a should be fixed for the next update.

it works but it appears an error

MusicBee v3.0.5911.41200 (Win10.0), 9 Mrz 2016 7:37:

System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei #=qMLvUtvBRlH9qo1dof2zsvmh_6MyB0a3qLDjhMnkcTGg=.#=qfjcxQEP1j8XeCcdqLOYIDfPeTvXFcv3GlBHLecna81U=.#=qs$p_Ec0vQjIP925OZRM2_g==(Boolean #=qkT5u3AoCyqXvQfrN2bYCMzZo4MJNAdBPvAnuqOPih8c=)
   bei #=qMLvUtvBRlH9qo1dof2zsvmh_6MyB0a3qLDjhMnkcTGg=.#=qLSSgMXjdAmunp1$LRuhrZg==(Boolean #=q9BiHjiQbB8wBjDqxQ7rBDvOxyEGn88kj23eH35sM_bQ=)
   bei MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qXL_GNtnQ28C959JbCi_7A2qXcK3ZXvdzpBar5GW_Vhc=._Lambda$__0()

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Some of my playlist folders have stopped showing all tracks if I select the folder.  Any idea why?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
it works but it appears an error
can you PM me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings) and also describe what you were doing at the time/ which panel and view you were opening at the time.
And lastly, is it repeatable?
Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 07:10:38 AM by Steven

Alumni

- for the music explorer panel, you can now click on the artist name and MB will show a profile page. I know people will want more than this and i might do some more

That's fantastic, I was hoping to see something like that added. If I may suggest moving the profile page to the horizontal menu (Album & Stats, More Albums, etc.) because right now it's not really obvious that the artist name can link to another page. I might even suggest making the profile page the new default page you see when opening the Music Explorer, but that could be just my preference.

Edit: Noticed a bug, the link to the profile page only works consistently when in the Album & Stats tab.

I also appreciate the different sorting options, and if it's not too much trouble it would be great to also have a variable zoom for those album/artist thumbnails.

On a related subject, the currently selected artist probably shouldn't be appearing on the "similar artists" page.
Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:02:29 AM by Alumni

MatzeMatz

In the post about the latest v3 version is a note that the GUI enhancements / changes are almost finished for v3.0 and that one should leave a comment if something's missing.
So here I do :-)

Here's what I miss:
In the right panel (Now Playing) I had in v2 the possibilty to customize the panel and to have the Lyrics and Details as tab.
That's not possible anymore and I miss it ;-)
Also I miss the possibility to add the spectrum analyzer and / or the wave bar to that panel.

Or do I miss something in v3 and it is possible?

BTW, I made some screenshots for old and new version to show what I mean - but I'm unable to add files here???

hiccup

Here's what I miss:
In the right panel (Now Playing) I had in v2 the possibilty to customize the panel and to have the Lyrics and Details as tab.
That's not possible anymore and I miss it ;-)
Also I miss the possibility to add the spectrum analyzer and / or the wave bar to that panel.
Or do I miss something in v3 and it is possible?
BTW, I made some screenshots for old and new version to show what I mean - but I'm unable to add files here???

For posting screenshots:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16499.0

It is perfectly possible to have such tabs, and also to have the analyzer and wavebar in the right sidebar.
Have you found the Configure Layout button to open the Panels Configuration panel? (top right in main panel)
In that panel you can drag and drop, and also select 'ticked elements are displayed as tabs'.

MatzeMatz

It is perfectly possible to have such tabs, and also to have the analyzer and wavebar in the right sidebar.
Have you found the Configure Layout button to open the Panels Configuration panel? (top right in main panel)
In that panel you can drag and drop, and also select 'ticked elements are displayed as tabs'.

I right click on the lyrics header and get a menu entry "Customise Panel...". When I click on it, the following dialog opens:

Where can I drop something and from where shall I drag it???
Sorry, I'm a bit confused now...

hiccup

Where can I drop something and from where shall I drag it???
Sorry, I'm a bit confused now...

That's because you are looking in the general preferences panels.
There is also a dedicated 'Panels Configuration panel', to be found behind this icon:

MatzeMatz

Aaaaah - now I see! Thanks  a lot!
It's also available as "Arrange Panels" in the dialog I posted - but on the very top and I didn't scroll to it...
Would be nice if you could (re)place that button in the section where the red bar is showing me in which panel I am at the moment...

It would also be nice if the AlbumArt resizes in the Details tab to fit the available space and to still see the other track information (or to have an option for this)

BTW, I currently had a crash:
"An error occurred during plugin startup, send this file to the developer: .... mb_LyricsReloaded.log"
To which address  shall I send the log file (but I doubt that it helps - I don't see anything special in it)?

MatzeMatz

What I forgot to say: I really appreciate the work for MusicBee - I love that program!
In my oppinion it's the best music player I ever tested!!!

hiccup

It would also be nice if the AlbumArt resizes in the Details tab to fit the available space and to still see the other track information (or to have an option for this)

That has been requested before (I believe even yesterday), so maybe if Steven reads this and agrees.....

BTW, I currently had a crash:
"An error occurred during plugin startup, send this file to the developer: .... mb_LyricsReloaded.log"
To which address  shall I send the log file (but I doubt that it helps - I don't see anything special in it)?

I believe that development of, and support for that plugin ended a while back.
If you do a forum search you should be able to get more info on that.

ankor

Pulled up Tracks view and got this error message. Also occurs when switching to Artist view.

MusicBee v3.0.5911.41200 (Win10.0), 9 Mar 2016 11:54:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qXL_GNtnQ28C959JbCi_7A2qXcK3ZXvdzpBar5GW_Vhc=._Lambda$__0()

ankor

wow wow wow