Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233683 times)

sleepless

Could someone confirm if the Tab>Navigation Lock>Partial Navigation is working for playlists? For me the filters work but selecting a playlist opens a new tab.

redwing

Could someone confirm if the Tab>Navigation Lock>Partial Navigation is working for playlists? For me the filters work but selecting a playlist opens a new tab.

Working fine for me.

sleepless

Can you think of any reason why it wouldn't work? It seems really strange considering the filters don't open new tabs, only playlists do.

*Edit: I should add that it works when using an individual playlist as a tab, but not when using the playlist manager as a tab, if that makes sense. So if I try to open a playlist from within the playlist manager sidebar, it just opens another playlist manager in a new tab.
Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 06:32:53 PM by sleepless

Steven

• Administrator
Can you think of any reason why it wouldn't work? It seems really strange considering the filters don't open new tabs, only playlists do.

*Edit: I should add that it works when using an individual playlist as a tab, but not when using the playlist manager as a tab, if that makes sense. So if I try to open a playlist from within the playlist manager sidebar, it just opens another playlist manager in a new tab.
i am just trying that now and works fine. Are you using the very latest version from last night?

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
If you remove player controls element either from top or bottom panel, spectrum visualizer still remains.
thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
- when any panel is sorted by Year, or the Album Covers panel is grouped by Year or Decade, then the A-Z bar changes to show decades

Could this be broadened to include any field with the Date type, including Custom and Virtual tags?
yes thats done for the next update

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Could this be broadened to include any field with the Date type, including Custom and Virtual tags?
yes thats done for the next update

Woot!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
Also can you make sidebar player element available for artwork picture/album color mix view on Now Playing tab?
yes i will do that as it would be needed if the main player is not enabled

rurutia10

Music explorer is beautiful :D

One downside of it imo is is you can't use it as a stand alone layout, you need to first play an artist and then refresh it. (in another tab). Maybe integrate artist view and music explorer into each other? Love it though and it can only get better.

Also how does it know what similar artists are in your library? Does it get it from the internet or from tags? It doesn't seem reliable.
Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:26:52 PM by rurutia10

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

One downside of it imo is is you can't use it as a stand alone layout, you need to first play an artist and then refresh it. (in another tab). Maybe integrate artist view and music explorer into each other? Love it though and it can only get better.

Also how does it know what similar artists are in your library? Does it get it from the internet or from tags? It doesn't seem reliable.

+1, I would love to be able to use music explorer with any artist at any time.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator

+1, I would love to be able to use music explorer with any artist at any time.
just type the artist name in the search box

rurutia10

Or maybe next to the "similar artists" tab, a tab with "all artists"? That would make it perfect for me.