Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1232949 times)

Steven

• Administrator
I just downloaded and installed the update, MB reports version 3.0.5907, but I don't see any changes on this. (I've tested with Album & Tracks, Album Covers, Track Information, and Album Art panel)
this is a bit of a mystery as the option to link to source for new downloaded artwork was removed from the settings as an available default (but not removed from the dialog window). When you retrieve a picture thats replacing existing artwork then the current location settings are used, so it the existing artwork was linked to a file then the new artwork would have the same linkage and also there are scenarios where existing artwork for a file can eliminate the prefered settings for the new artwork but you said there were no existing pictures for the file.
Just so we are on the same page, are you using right click/ Search Internet for Picture ?
Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:33:24 PM by Steven

RTesla

Noticed dragging files from a 'Playing Tracks' list from an auto-hidden right sidebar doesn't open the left-sidebar. Left-sidebar will open however if right sidebar isn't auto-hidden.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
this is a bit of a mystery as the option to link to source for new downloaded artwork was removed from the settings as an available default (but not removed from the dialog window). When you retrieve a picture thats replacing existing artwork then the current location settings are used, so it the existing artwork was linked to a file then the new artwork would have the same linkage and also there are scenarios where existing artwork for a file can eliminate the preferred settings for the new artwork but you said there were no existing pictures for the file.
Just so we are on the same page, are you using right click/ Search Internet for Picture ?

I guess something had gotten "stuck" from the previous version, because after restarting the computer a few times I can't reproduce it anymore. (I had definitely restarted MB already because I had to to update.)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above

for the new Artwork grouping functionality:
- you can now group albums by first album letter
- you can now group artists by first artist letter
- you can now group by virtual tags
- when grouping by year, you can now set MB to group by decade
- the a-z bar changes to show decades when the main panel is sorted or grouped by year (any view)
- i am not aware of any remaining bugs, so please report anything you find wrong with this functionality

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Since Album Covers and Artists are separate views now, could you separate the settings for them, too?  It's hard to tell in "views configuration" what applies to which.  (As a corollary, it would be awesome to be able to set displayed fields for Artists view, too.  I've always wanted to be able to display Artist Track Count in Artists view.)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

rurutia10

for the new Artwork grouping functionality:
- you can now group albums by first album letter
- you can now group artists by first artist letter
- you can now group by virtual tags
- when grouping by year, you can now set MB to group by decade
- the a-z bar changes to show decades when the main panel is sorted or grouped by year (any view)
- i am not aware of any remaining bugs, so please report anything you find wrong with this functionality

It's beautiful. Think I might only use artist view now :D

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you follow the menu link for "customise panel" from the Now Playing Bar, it opens the configuration panel for the Track Information Panel.  Okay, so they use the same configuration settings.  I think you could argue that because they're laid out so differently it doesn't really make sense, but at least for me it works fine.

The only trouble is that settings like "show artwork below fields" and "show web links" only affect Track Information in the sidebars.  If someone tried to configure the Now Playing Bar that way and didn't have Track Information showing too, it would look like those settings did nothing.  Even with Track Information open, it took me a minute to figure out what was going on.  So I think either they need to be disabled when configuring the Now Playing Bar, or there needs to be a separate configuration window for it.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
I haven't seen much discussion about the Music Explorer, are there any plans for it going forward?

At the moment all albums by an artist are sorted alphabetically (IMHO doesn't make much sense), can they be sorted chronologically instead?
i have change the sorting to use year then album in descending order ie. most recent first

Steven

• Administrator

- enhancements to tab pinning
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17707.0

KissCool

Step 3: MB just shows the cover of the selected album in Artwork layout. I can't even choose a track (I don't use "show the tracks for the selected album" option). Double clicking the album crashes MB.
the reported double clicking bug should be fixed for the next update

Fixed.

ankor

didn't think grouping by first letter would be such a big deal...that is fantastic and resizing of pics with track bar (is that new or just me?) and A-Z bar with decades...how much better can it get!!!!

StefanIvanovic

After latest update on startup I get this error every time. After pressing OK or closing Error Dialog Box MB starts and seems everything works just fine, but anyway here it is:

MusicBee v3.0.5909.27815 (Win10.0), 6 mar 2016 19.19:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q8bJjiydV2w9AMnCUgVT9YtU2C6m5kGl9h23rLj40mQ4=.#=q9hZrRiMJ$qlSVQz20NvEMU1ntfR2UynWsIozQUIOVZo=.#=qgzqdu4OsMC4zbCJhtWqV8A==(Point #=qX9ipnDOs6X54dGHdy88DIQ==, #=qt12HQIiSEVDhV5yqqK5TBQ== #=qlNMGO2a3$xcTMrxvrHOS5w==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q8bJjiydV2w9AMnCUgVT9YtU2C6m5kGl9h23rLj40mQ4=.#=q9hZrRiMJ$qlSVQz20NvEMU1ntfR2UynWsIozQUIOVZo=.#=q7LQ0DNdqdWeUTe0QdedmoPJC9aTSl1zjbmE5eJyxgQ4=(Int32& #=q6QlFKVYo4cEnl$jDROH4HQ==, AnchorStyles& #=q2CwDDtlWw77$Opnw18c7Qg==, Int32& #=qEsKECDmoPvjYFRf2VsogBw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q8bJjiydV2w9AMnCUgVT9YtU2C6m5kGl9h23rLj40mQ4=.#=q9hZrRiMJ$qlSVQz20NvEMU1ntfR2UynWsIozQUIOVZo=.#=qXJsGzZGNSXbmFnWIRFWWng==(Boolean #=qsJ$yBW4Y7ji9bYBu4udRtw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q8bJjiydV2w9AMnCUgVT9YtU2C6m5kGl9h23rLj40mQ4=.#=q9hZrRiMJ$qlSVQz20NvEMU1ntfR2UynWsIozQUIOVZo=.#=qjDQ4fne7lAMCjMSv3Xh9JTXDT25vsBHzyQsu65xBFew=()
   at #=qi5o709Afj2zM5qYjH2770H_wmI_ZVYoo8wq3gGWE8Ao=.OnLayout(LayoutEventArgs #=q9of9v6YKv9yNnnSCEUIQZg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PerformLayout(LayoutEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.System.Windows.Forms.Layout.IArrangedElement.PerformLayout(IArrangedElement affectedElement, String affectedProperty)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmWindowPosChanged(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qBu$wva79fxi$mJUtcqf7F8ieKMvuMe5ZAvddlCoFgXc=.WndProc(Message& #=q9TT1IxABCfmIrYcWor92vg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
redownload the file as its an introduced bug from this afternoon

Steven

• Administrator
Noticed dragging files from a 'Playing Tracks' list from an auto-hidden right sidebar doesn't open the left-sidebar. Left-sidebar will open however if right sidebar isn't auto-hidden.
i have added support for popup of the left sidebar when dragging from the Playing Tracks list. I dont see how the right-sidebar setting would impact anything.

StefanIvanovic

redownload the file as its an introduced bug from this afternoon

Redownloading did make everything fine, tnx!