Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248610 times)

Steven

• Administrator
Step 3: MB just shows the cover of the selected album in Artwork layout. I can't even choose a track (I don't use "show the tracks for the selected album" option). Double clicking the album crashes MB.
the reported double clicking bug should be fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
BUG
I see it since a few weeks in MB3 - in Album Covers view editing and saving a tag collapses the expanded album panel. It's irritating - when you want to edit a few tags of different tracks in one album you have to reopen (reexpand) it's panel after saving each tag.
i cant reproduce this. Could you send me your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Steven

• Administrator
When I do a search for NEW artwork (there is none shown for the album), in addition to embedding as requested MB automatically selects "link the picture to this music track" and downloads it to an Artwork folder, which I don't want it to do.

When I do a search on an album that already shows artwork, not only is that option not selected, but the sub-option for "link to the original music file" is not even available - nor is the "choose the same next time" option.
thats fixed for the next update

On a side note, in one of my test cases MB was trying to download Cover.jpg.gif as the "organised copy of the picture" (based on having Cover.jpg in Preferences).
thats should be fixed for the next update
Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 06:35:12 PM by Steven

sleepless

It seems that when viewing playlists, the thumbnail browser is no longer visible. Instead the playlist manager sidebar is displayed. However, I use the auto-hide function for the navigation sidebar which makes the playlist manager sidebar uneccessary. I'd much rather be able to use the thumbnail browser to access individual artists within the playlist.

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above
- album artwork can now be grouped - see http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17658.0
- there are still some bugs with this new grouping functionality but it is usable if you want to try it out

redwing

stepping through the code i can see one thing thats not right so lets see if that fixes the issue for you

Looks like it's fixed as I can't reproduce the bug any more. I'll report back if that happens again. Thanks!

8keep

Hi, I had a good setup on my old install using the 3.0 stuff, but i lost it and now I am starting fresh. I installed the new 3.0 beta and I don't know how to get the main view back where its the 3 columns with genre, artist, and album on top, then in the panel below are the songs, like I used to have. Can someone tell me what to do?

Thanks,
Davis

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When I do a search for NEW artwork (there is none shown for the album), in addition to embedding as requested MB automatically selects "link the picture to this music track" and downloads it to an Artwork folder, which I don't want it to do.

When I do a search on an album that already shows artwork, not only is that option not selected, but the sub-option for "link to the original music file" is not even available - nor is the "choose the same next time" option.
thats fixed for the next update

On a side note, in one of my test cases MB was trying to download Cover.jpg.gif as the "organised copy of the picture" (based on having Cover.jpg in Preferences).
thats should be fixed for the next update

I just downloaded and installed the update, MB reports version 3.0.5907, but I don't see any changes on this. (I've tested with Album & Tracks, Album Covers, Track Information, and Album Art panel)
Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 01:00:29 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ankor

Hi, I had a good setup on my old install using the 3.0 stuff, but i lost it and now I am starting fresh. I installed the new 3.0 beta and I don't know how to get the main view back where its the 3 columns with genre, artist, and album on top, then in the panel below are the songs, like I used to have. Can someone tell me what to do?

Thanks,
Davis
Try File | View | Arrange Panels and drag "column browser" to the list under "main panel" if it's not already there.  that should give you the 3 columns on the main panel.  you might also want to backup pertinent information (which may vary depending on your system) such as:
c:\users\...\music\musicbee\*
c:\users\...\appdata\roaming\musicbee\*
c:\program files (x86)\musicbee\*

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
fanart.tv is still listed as fanart.com in Tags (2).  fanart.com is an empty site.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

- Please add "Configure expanded panel" command to the context menu of expanded panel. Currently it's a bit convoluted to access the dialog.
- Can't find a font setting for Artist Biography element. How can I enlarge the font?
- On Artist Picture view of Now Playing tab, font size for lyrics and artist bio is not configurable (only when lyrics is displayed on the right main panel, it follows the right sidebar font setting). Whether on the left or on the right main panel I think both lyrics and artist bio should follow the right sidebar font setting.

AvikB

why can't we group by album with first letter only? windows media player has this ability :S

darkred

Thanks for this awesome work so far!

A suggestion, please: to duplicate the button "Rescan Artwork"
which is located in: Preferences|Tags(1)|'set which pictures are displayed'>'Edit List',
into the "Scan Folders for New Files" window (that also appears when you press 'Ins').
I believe that it's more discoverable and more practical this way.
Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:07:52 PM by darkred

phred

• Global Moderator

why can't we group by album with first letter only? windows media player has this ability :S
Steven added this a couple of days ago for Album Cover view only.  Today he said he'd be adding Artist View first letter grouping shortly.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
BUG
I see it since a few weeks in MB3 - in Album Covers view editing and saving a tag collapses the expanded album panel. It's irritating - when you want to edit a few tags of different tracks in one album you have to reopen (reexpand) it's panel after saving each tag.
i tried using your settings file. The default panel is an auto-playlist which i dont have access to. Let me know if its just using the Album Covers layout. I can reproduce this only when editing tracks from an auto-playlist, so could you confirm thats the case.