Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233627 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
you need a larger size on the screenshot

How's this?

Compare the "bottom panel" to other headings which have more space on the left. (On a quick look through, I don't see any other spots like that in preferences.)

Edit: Wow, on another screen I see what the problem with the screenshot was.  I don't know why it wasn't doing that on my screen, but if you delete everything after .png it seems to show correctly.
Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:29:21 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

the_pragmatist

1. Thanks for the fix on the Nowplaying Tab Lyrics/Bio display bug.

what skin is this?

Hey @DarkerthanDreams, not ideally the place for this, but since someone else here may/may have liked it too, it's the BeeMetro PureLight Green by silvestreccf.
Here's the link: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=14991.0

Cheers.

Steven

• Administrator
How far away from an official, stable, release :) ?? Well looking forward to it...
i have one more substantial thing i want to do and then a few minor ones. I was going to include some improved functionality for the Tag Manager but will leave it out of this release. So i would guess its still a month off before it reaches Release Candidate state.
I dont think there is any reason to hold off using the beta now though

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I was going to include some improved functionality for the Tag Manager but will leave it out of this release.

Ooh, I'm excited about this.  Something to look forward to in 3.1, I guess.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

rurutia10

Thanks for all the improvements in 3.0! It's like night and day tbh.

Haven't getting any crash since doing a clean reinstall btw. I was hesitant to do for a long time because I didn't know where library statistics are saved + I had to redo all my settings.

a2a

How far away from an official, stable, release :) ?? Well looking forward to it...
i have one more substantial thing i want to do and then a few minor ones. I was going to include some improved functionality for the Tag Manager but will leave it out of this release. So i would guess its still a month off before it reaches Release Candidate state.
I dont think there is any reason to hold off using the beta now though

Great stuff, thank you :)

ankor

Alumni

I haven't seen much discussion about the Music Explorer, are there any plans for it going forward?

At the moment all albums by an artist are sorted alphabetically (IMHO doesn't make much sense), can they be sorted chronologically instead?

Edit: There's no way of re-sizing album or artist thumbnails in this panel either, the ability to do so would be handy.

It would also be helpful (at least with my layout) if you could display the artist biography here, or alternatively allow the "now playing bar" to be set on a per tab basis so it can be combined with the music explorer panel.

Edit: I just realized the artist bio element in the right sidebar will do the job.
Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:29:47 AM by Alumni

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Can they be sorted chronologically instead?

If you click "more albums" they're sorted in reverse chronological order.  (I agree, I'd rather have them chronological in both panels)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

RTesla

Two small issues when using the Computer navigator in left hand panel:

1. If I pin a tab from a directory, the tab doesn't update if files change in that directory. It's basically like the tab becomes a playlist for that directory with a static list of songs. I have to bring up the left sidebar again and re-click on the directory for the tab to update with any new files.

2. The column browser doesn't seem to jump to whatever letter you type on the keyboard. It happens very occasionally but not really working for me. Don't have this issue when using any other nodes in the left hand panel.

lancie13

I tried v3.0 and it works fine.  The only thing I noticed is that it will not dock on my second monitor.  2.5 would do this and it's kind of a deal breaker for me.  Is that possibly an easy fix?  Not sure.  Other than that I love the new GUI.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I tried v3.0 and it works fine.  The only thing I noticed is that it will not dock on my second monitor.  2.5 would do this and it's kind of a deal breaker for me.  Is that possibly an easy fix?  Not sure.  Other than that I love the new GUI.

What do you mean by dock? I have no problems with 3.0 on a second monitor.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

the_pragmatist

Hey again all,

1. I found another glitch in the Now Playing Tab;
In v2.5 and the earlier v3.0.5xxx betas(can't recall exactly on which one it stopped), if & when I executed the hot key command I've set for "Go To Playing Track At Source", it used to take me to my Library Tab and highlight/select the song. With the latest one it doesn't though. I get no response to the command. Intentional or?
I should mention that the command works from all other tabs just as before though.

2. I currently have my Library Tab set to Artist View. When I execute the aforementioned command from within the Tab / from any other Tab, it opens up the artist>album>shows all the tracks but doesn't highlight/select, it just places a tiny speaker icon against the song. When I use all other views, the playing song is highlighted/selected though.

the_pragmatist

2. The column browser doesn't seem to jump to whatever letter you type on the keyboard. It happens very occasionally but not really working for me. Don't have this issue when using any other nodes in the left hand panel.

Somewhat related to this, in the Artist View with only the main panel & A-Z jump bar showing, I have to first select a random artist/Letter in the A-Z bar and only then will I be able to search and/or jump to whom I want using the keyboard. It also does this on other views with other panels open, but that's probably because it doesn't know whether you want to search on the Main Panel or the Thumb. Browser or the Column Browser etc.
Is there a way a default can be set for any tab you open with any View, e.g "Automatically search in the furthest_left organiser panel" which I think is what most people use as the 'Main Organiser' in their views?

ankor

What do you mean by dock? I have no problems with 3.0 on a second monitor.
I've always used MB almost exclusively on the 2nd monitor.  Never a problem.