Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1253020 times)

Steven

• Administrator
would you mind sending me the settings file that gets produced. Thats really weird because its fine for me

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Do you want to change Undo > Now Playing List in the menu to Undo > Playing Tracks, to match the new panel names?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
Do you want to change Undo > Now Playing List in the menu to Undo > Playing Tracks, to match the new panel names?
yes i will change it

redwing

I noticed sometimes right sidebar elements don't show [Selected] mark for selected tracks and finally figured out what's going on. It's stack setting that's working even when no element is stacked.
thats fixed for the next update

Thanks for the fix!

redwing

Currently Album Color Mix view in Now Playing tab seems to be a bit boring as it can best serve as a background of something else.
How about adding visualizer on it? That would match well with constantly changing background.

5moufl

• 3.0.5884+
When I use “Play with Musicbee” from a folder context menu on Windows (10 x64):

The tracks aren’t played but they’re queued last instead.

If that folder contains multiple sub-folders, they’re added in the reverse order (discs 3, 2 & 1 for example).

Steven

• Administrator
When I use “Play with Musicbee” from a folder context menu on Windows (10 x64):

The tracks aren’t played but they’re queued last instead.

If that folder contains multiple sub-folders, they’re added in the reverse order (discs 3, 2 & 1 for example).
working fine here. Are you using a recent version and if so, check your "Play Now" action in the Now Playing settings panel

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- tabs can be pinned as: Icon Only; or Icon and Text
- if Icon and Text is chosen and the tab is not active, the tab will display with the usual text but at a minimal width. Except for the Podcasts or Inbox node which show the counter as the text value
- if a tab is active, the current behavior is the same as now ie. the tab is shown at full width and with the usual text
- when a tab is first pinned, the left sidebar will be hidden but there are no restrictions afterwards eg. it can be re-opened and you can navigate to a different node which is remembered on restart

5moufl

• 3.0.5884+
working fine here. Are you using a recent version and if so, check your "Play Now" action in the Now Playing settings panel
I’m using 5900 and I’m not sure what setting you’re referring to but they look fine unless the context menu option follows the “double-click” settings.
It wouldn’t explain why the folders are added in reverse order though.

RTesla

Really enjoying the beta. Some great improvements.

Have a couple of suggestions for album and artwork view:

1. The left align text in the artwork view is a fantastic touch. Was thinking why not give the same option for Album & Tracks view when fields are displayed beneath artwork? Think it would give a great clean visual look.

2. Why not also give the option to display fields above the artwork instead of just below and to the right? As present, I use the header option with a virtual tag of Artist - Album so that its left-aligned but would be great to be able to display artist and album one above the other (in addition to any other fields you might want). Might be worth considering adding extra field options for sub-header as well.

Anyhow, just a few thoughts,

Keep up the great work

ankor

When hovering mouse over a playlist, the tooltip from the "description" of the playlist no longer displays as it did in v2.5.

RTesla

Using the new option Icon + Text for pinned tabs.

It gives a minimal width (as per Steven's description) but is the option title not going to lead to user confusion as it doesn't actually give an icon with text on the tab?

ankor

Got this error while configuring an ipod to synchronize with a single playlist.  First time I've tried setting up the ipod in MB.  When I tried to go back and duplicate the error I couldn't but thought I'd post the message should you find it helpful.

MusicBee v3.0.5900.39884 (Win10.0), 27 Feb 2016 16:02:

System.ArgumentException: A circular control reference has been made. A control cannot be owned by or parented to itself.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CheckParentingCycle(Control bottom, Control toFind)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.set_Owner(Form value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
   at #=qfVBl0Jsk7vqEqBXZtv4yMiSdBQzlov9W9oSnlrSBRuQ=.#=qTVw$DEPp35GqUY4REK$o86MpoT91Wpl3ioAA1_hqXIo=(Object #=qnerImwDseIwLQey3AorNQA==, EventArgs #=q73h7ni0Q0uDGaU5geMsU7w==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at #=q5BJDjObnK4pcbIw63X35ATDxEYQj4t65jOQ6mh754cA=.OnClick(EventArgs #=qchxO8Kb7_RwYLmK6Yc_fIA==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

the_pragmatist

Hey again all, still loving all the updates.
One glitch though, don't know if this is on my side only, but in the Now Playing Tab, I can't view neither Lyrics nor Artist Bio on the Main Panel Right Side unless the Right Sidebar is open. i.e:

No Lyrics

Lyrics Viewable