Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248987 times)

Sofocl

On the bottom half of the right sidebar, I would like to show the elements stacked (as tabs) in the following order: "Playing Tracks", "Lyrics", "Bio".  And that is how I have it set up in the panel layout window.  But it displays as "Bio", "Playing Tracks", "Lyrics".

+1

And to hitch on to this, it could be interesting to be able to have more than one stacked groups of elements. (as in gpzbc's screenshot)
It is achievable, but you will have to place another existing element in between them to separate those.

To be able to have more than one stack adjacent without the need for placing an existing element between them, maybe a 'divider' element could be added?
+1
Sorry for my bad English.

ankor

Is there a reason pinned tabs default to the left of a locked tab? Have the global Music node as a locked tab (prefer visual text for this tab) and would have liked pinned tabs to the right of this. Also, don't seem to be able to drag tabs to re-arrange when there is a combination of locked and pinned.
I'm not able to move the pinned tab but others move around just fine (using v3.0.5897)

phred

• Global Moderator
Using 3.0.5897 with one pinned tab (an auto-playlist.)  If I right-click the tab and click on Pin Tab (in order to unpin it) MB throws an error.  The pinned icon remains on the tab but there's no check mark next to "Pin Tab."  MB continues on its merry little way with no interruption.  If more than one tab exists, there's no error when trying to unpin.
thats probably the same error that AvikB reported in which case it should be fixed for the next update

Yes, it is fixed.  Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

When lyrics element is placed in the right sidebar in the narrowest width, part of lyrics don't show.
amazing you found this as its a very precise width for it to happen. Its fixed for the next update

Thanks! That's fixed.

redwing

I noticed sometimes right sidebar elements don't show [Selected] mark for selected tracks and finally figured out what's going on. It's stack setting that's working even when no element is stacked.

As you see, the first one is expected. But the second one doesn't show [Selected] mark when it should just like the third one.

ankor

Not sure if this is me but something seems odd.

My use of MB has always been pretty basic. I'll load artist pictures for something interesting to see while listening.  I've never bothered with album covers.  Well with all the cool stuff going on with MB3, I got motivated to try some album covers.  Extreme...I know!

I looked around but not sure how I should do this w/MB. I tried Auto-Tag by Album by unchecking all tags except Artwork but didn't seem to get much success. I was hoping for an option along the lines of "select all and load covers and click and wait for downloads to finish", not one at a time.  Then I discovered and tried Search Internet for Picture and was able to load some covers individually.

Settings: [Uncheck] embed the picture in the music file; [Check] link the picture to this music track; [Check] link to an organised copy of the picture (Cover.jpg)

What seems odd is that some album covers switch covers.  An album with a cover switches to the display of a different cover. Or a series of albums with the same artist end up switching to a single album cover instead of keeping their unique covers.

I could easily be creating my own problems but wondered if anyone has reached out for downloading album covers recently and if any odd behavior was noticeable.  I prefer not to save the images inside the music file but if there are any suggestions, please advise.  Thanks!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
How are your music files organized?  With cover.jpg or any other generic filename, the cover will be applied to all files in the same folder, and will be over written when you save a new cover for that folder
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
I'm not able to move the pinned tab but others move around just fine (using v3.0.5897)
they can only be moved amongst other pinned tabs on the left

ankor

How are your music files organized?  With cover.jpg or any other generic filename, the cover will be applied to all files in the same folder, and will be over written when you save a new cover for that folder
I've seen cover.jpg and folder.jpg but never understood. I see cover.jpg in same folder as music files. So it holds 1 image? Is that the image used when no other is available?  What's the approach for saving the appropriate covers based on the separate albums?  Do they have to be stored in the same music files folder?
In Preferences | Tags(1) | artwork storage, the 3 checkboxes under downloaded album cover storage are unchecked. Artist pictures & soundtrack pictures have valid folder paths. There are images in Artist pictures but soundtrack folder is empty.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've seen cover.jpg and folder.jpg but never understood. I see cover.jpg in same folder as music files. So it holds 1 image? Is that the image used when no other is available?  What's the approach for saving the appropriate covers based on the separate albums?  Do they have to be stored in the same music files folder?
In Preferences | Tags(1) | artwork storage, the 3 checkboxes under downloaded album cover storage are unchecked. Artist pictures & soundtrack pictures have valid folder paths. There are images in Artist pictures but soundtrack folder is empty.

This is not a discussion for this thread.  Why don't you start a new thread, with screenshots of your artwork settings, and maybe the artwork files on your drive?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

rurutia10

Overrides for the current musicbee tab-everything. Would make it so much better and less complicated for specific layouts in different tabs.

Also, did a clean install just copying over library statistics and no crash yet, so far so good..

Also, got this:

MusicBee v3.0.5897.39442 (Win6.3), 25 2 2016 19:09:

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Font.Clone()
   at #=q$Zq5H743DN_rbyK6YgfNzpFdHpqqc3wJw5e4uhhYsC1M9Uas0m58jR_OXn3UzrPs.#=q_8QNfKwkL0muKqXbota6oqstbq_Uo_7EhhKigXGPAWE=(#=qTVoKavDWJlKqKI_PKWilFfB52T9Qo1c$x7U0XkR8LCmsW_$stvIkhHC$xjdxcU3p #=qDpwpNJYsakRWhC5iVy0_Ow==)
   at #=q$Zq5H743DN_rbyK6YgfNzpFdHpqqc3wJw5e4uhhYsC1M9Uas0m58jR_OXn3UzrPs.#=qSPOUXJ9XiELSNr8yNg6V37Y6eQmITHvlAri3Atd2his=()
   at #=q1UX5nPIyNnqaA2mO87MbSlYjg9s9jnmn2iOOORDk0cY=.#=qv7OyOCB5isUjweeR7jqs8A==()

Also, I've got a bug right now that when you select an album in album view, a blue border appears on the album for a split second and then dissapears. PM'ing you the settings file.
Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 06:14:32 PM by rurutia10

Steven

• Administrator
Also, got this:

Also, I've got a bug right now that when you select an album in album view, a blue border appears on the album for a split second and then dissapears. PM'ing you the settings file.
the font you selected does not appear to be a valid font - i think they have to be truetype fonts.
The brief border around artwork is normal

rurutia10

Also, got this:

the font you selected does not appear to be a valid font - i think they have to be truetype fonts.
The brief border around artwork is normal

Pm'd again

If you click around on albums, sometimes the blue border does appear briefly and sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it just shows that glitch.
Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 06:54:51 PM by rurutia10

ankor

This is not a discussion for this thread.  Why don't you start a new thread, with screenshots of your artwork settings, and maybe the artwork files on your drive?
yeah was thinking the same thing

brouwerik

If I want to delete an expanded folder from the computer node in main menu I get this error

MusicBee v3.0.5898.40875 (Win10.0), 25 feb 2016 20:16:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: De index ligt buiten de matrixgrenzen.
   bij #=qFGZ9FeVPK640dTAKmnbdQegARX4gUy9Hdi$OguhZvmI=.#=q8r$lJRkXgbKPnkSW1b_2uA==.#=qRHLSWTrIJ51rrBP9oNTOqg==(#=q8r$lJRkXgbKPnkSW1b_2uA== #=q32ErVMSU8bT_gzfwG_NyUA==)
   bij MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qt0CrbjMgFn1vPfsdvJo4EQ==.#=qX3llj94$sIwF7pulnLm_$NzDEiaVEEXESBXxA2t3ayg=(#=q8r$lJRkXgbKPnkSW1b_2uA== #=qRRpRe6Z1maay0VrA1m$wgg==)
   bij MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qt0CrbjMgFn1vPfsdvJo4EQ==.#=qQXB6AG7jmThiBnyCj0X3Zr4ohqwqKcmZp4Ihdag9rKk=(#=q8r$lJRkXgbKPnkSW1b_2uA== #=q1fr6geceYMSbEEgYy$ukMQ==, Boolean #=qRqbaOaXsMZNmfZm6jpnS5jycVH8KtO0rECILG$e2_pM=)
   bij MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qt0CrbjMgFn1vPfsdvJo4EQ==.#=qbvnLe3rmZmI9W7NZ7RBFSFimzzTqllnDP2IheZtaPnM=()
   bij MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qt0CrbjMgFn1vPfsdvJo4EQ==.#=q7wTr_q9QTpCpn12DZkG4sLX8qIxjmFfo9rMhsdCBeV8=()
   bij MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qt0CrbjMgFn1vPfsdvJo4EQ==.#=qQTtvajxXRj5Ad$ScrggiPw==(Boolean #=qvU1QmzsLAt_Kproi2j56SQ==)
   bij MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qt0CrbjMgFn1vPfsdvJo4EQ==.#=qcpQzUf40NThR14bgWta4veXFL3DKZdvDIucJl9NzLlw=()
   bij #=qudbGF7br12zWLGG4h_P_DzYVpnl04YYuoelgI_EWNfc=.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs #=q_6_GtwR7ZMw0t4bRd8UIoQ==)
   bij MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qt0CrbjMgFn1vPfsdvJo4EQ==.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs #=qtMw2z5n55mEaSy$DMDgXdg==)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij #=qzb0wbvp1bl$dGz7RTjVPdprsy1teO4BHnsln4rnbV6A=.WndProc(Message& #=q60xsXZeqKArnHTg0ZmCrAg==)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)