Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248555 times)

Steven

• Administrator
- Folder selection box is now drawn but the dialog is misaligned.
thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
Ah, that's it.  Not sure why I did that.  But I'd still expect you could edit it in the main panel.
i have added support for editing Genres in the main panel

Steven

• Administrator
In 2.x, when you do a search and then filter from the search results (for instance, with a middle click), using the back arrow would return to the previous search results.  In other words, it treated each search or filter as a separate "location".  In 3.0, it goes back to the node you were in before the original search, treating all search results as one location.  Could we have the 2.x behavior back, please?
i have made the change but if it has unexpected side effects then i might remove it

Steven

• Administrator
Allow me to bump a request I have done earlier (I can't find it right now) to be able to hide this info from the status bar.
I don't believe that info is so important that it should have a permanent place, and it doesn't help in having an uncluttered look.
for the next update the summary stats can now be disabled from the status bar

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above

brouwerik

Got this message when I first selected all song (CTRL+A) then deslected 1 song (CTRL+Click)

MusicBee v3.0.5894.40053 (Win10.0), 21 feb 2016 13:33:

System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
   bij #=qg3plxg2kbnzQqMbmObkAKSin_LYwzS_L_$0ecjN4DTI=.#=q91s87hAVbJmvI$95Mm$OQw2v$n9hzWLeWgG0P0ABpZU=.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs #=qYhmqsLye3x2hJRfy$I8RCA==)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij #=qacORcZ3ap9_Lmxi9DgMcAswBdcLDookrfxaXS7jAgso=.WndProc(Message& #=qFkA3S9mVuepX4xmd02ZiVQ==)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

hiccup

for the next update the summary stats can now be disabled from the status bar

Very nice. Thank you!

redwing

As I reported from another thread, URL search is not working at all.

Steven

• Administrator
Got this message when I first selected all song (CTRL+A) then deslected 1 song (CTRL+Click)
thats probably fixed for the next update but could you confirm which view you were using and if the Track Details view, whether you had grouping or collapsed albums enabled

As I reported from another thread, URL search is not working at all.
thats added for the next update
Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 02:54:40 PM by Steven

rurutia10

I still have the problem where sometimes, musicbee crashes after playing a song. Would a debug version help in getting rid of it?

the_pragmatist

Hi all, been using MB since early November last year and I must say, I was taken aback by all the features and capability packed into this tiny app, and I'm still learning....well done Steven,and all involved!! I've even managed to "convert" three of my buddies, hehehe.

Anyway, I started with v2.5, later upgraded to v3.0 and I've been following this thread & installing all patches since. I just have one request; Don't know if you were finished with the Mini Player Layout with v3.0.5891, but I was hoping I'm not the only one who'd want a 'Display_Lyrics_In_Floating_Window' button on the Wide Layout and if possible the Narrow one too. It's a bit hectic right-clicking and having to go through all the menus to activate the option.
Thanks in advance.

brouwerik

thats probably fixed for the next update but could you confirm which view you were using and if the Track Details view, whether you had grouping or collapsed albums enabled

I was using Albums and Tracks view in the Inbox node.

Steven

• Administrator
Don't know if you were finished with the Mini Player Layout with v3.0.5891, but I was hoping I'm not the only one who'd want a 'Display_Lyrics_In_Floating_Window' button on the Wide Layout and if possible the Narrow one too. It's a bit hectic right-clicking and having to go through all the menus to activate the option.
i am willing to move that option to the top level of the right click menu which i will do for the next update but not to add a dedicated button. There is already a hotkey available for this as well

Orion

Yet, I'm facing a problem : once the Artist is selected in the Thumbnail Panel (which is on the Left Main Panel), if you click on a category in the Column Browser (which is in the Main Panel), clicking on it erases the artist you have already selected.
thats fixed for the next v3 update

I know I'm quite late, but I absolutely wanted to thank you for your help on that point : it's much better now ! I finaly have the perfect configuration that fit my needs. :)

the_pragmatist

Don't know if you were finished with the Mini Player Layout with v3.0.5891, but I was hoping I'm not the only one who'd want a 'Display_Lyrics_In_Floating_Window' button on the Wide Layout and if possible the Narrow one too. It's a bit hectic right-clicking and having to go through all the menus to activate the option.
i am willing to move that option to the top level of the right click menu which i will do for the next update but not to add a dedicated button. There is already a hotkey available for this as well
Ooph, had forgotten about the hotkey option, but sure, moving it up & on its own line will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for that.