Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1232991 times)

AvikB

with this update the miniplayer customise panel is completely broken.
It shows blank window.

AvikB

if i click on the dropdown to choose other thumbnail options, the dropdown does not open. :/
i cant reproduce this but have made a small change for the next update
for the spacing, its best you post a screenshot of what you think is best (assuming its more than just changing the picture size to medium)

Here is my proposed spacing, i think it should be standard throughout all the panel that has the following panel config:
# Track details with artwork enabled
# Track with thumbnail
# playlist with track view with artwork

@steven thanks for fixing the podcast artwork issue, though there is now a blank entry at the top, which i hope will get fix soon.

one inconsistency i found is the spacing between datagrids. sidebar panel datagrids have different spacing(2px) than the main panel datagrids(4px). 4px is good, but i think 6px will look more spaced and clean overall.

also a bit more higher padding at the side is also preferred:

preferably the now playing tab's playing track has the right padding on the side:

another weird thing is the embedded theater mode in now playing panel, ofc i am sure you probably haven't done much in the theater mode yet.
so it is mostly a reminder :P

yeah it is weird to have two control panel :S

redwing

Tried playlist manager feature, and it seems it needs some improvement:

- Click on the node, it shows up. Another click, it disappears. On third click, nothing happens. It should repeat toggling to on/off.
- To be useful for people with lots of playlists in lots of folders, it should be possible to have nodes & folders collapsed. Right now it can't.
- Offer three options when launched: all nodes & folders collapsed, all open, remember last config.
- Mouse scroll support over playlists while holding tracks dragged from main panel (when mouse left button keeps being pressed)
- Add Computer & Device nodes as well since they are frequently used for copying & moving tracks
- The key missing feature is it doesn't show up when you start dragging tracks from main panel with left navigator hidden or auto-hidden. Isn't this what it's supposed to do? Otherwise it won't be needed. If some people might find that behavior annoying, it could be offered as an option.

Steven

• Administrator
Here is my proposed spacing, i think it should be standard throughout all the panel that has the following panel config:
i will change it so the spacing is more consistent although because i will probably use 4px
One thing i think you mentioned somewhere was that there was a blank row in the podcast subscriptions? if so can you post a screenshot

Steven

• Administrator
Tried playlist manager feature, and it seems it needs some improvement:

- Click on the node, it shows up. Another click, it disappears. On third click, nothing happens. It should repeat toggling to on/off.
- To be useful for people with lots of playlists in lots of folders, it should be possible to have nodes & folders collapsed. Right now it can't.
- Offer three options when launched: all nodes & folders collapsed, all open, remember last config.
- Mouse scroll support over playlists while holding tracks dragged from main panel (when mouse left button keeps being pressed)
- Add Computer & Device nodes as well since they are frequently used for copying & moving tracks
- The key missing feature is it doesn't show up when you start dragging tracks from main panel with left navigator hidden or auto-hidden. Isn't this what it's supposed to do? Otherwise it won't be needed. If some people might find that behavior annoying, it could be offered as an option.
The first point is a bug and i will fix that. While i dont disagree about the folder collapsing i dont think i have the energy left for this round of v3 to do anything.
For the Mouse scroll issue, its working fine. So we are on the same page, you are refering to dragging to the bottom or top of a panel and the panel automatically scrolls down/ up as appropriate?
For the last point, when you drag files from within MB, if the left sidebar is auto-hidden it should pop up (I just tried now and its working fine). I think it will be useful if the left sidebar popped up also did that when dragging and the left sidebar is hidden with no auto-open so i will enhance that

AvikB

i will change it so the spacing is more consistent although because i will probably use 4px
Although i prefer the 6px because of the clear look, 4px is good too. :)

One thing i think you mentioned somewhere was that there was a blank row in the podcast subscriptions? if so can you post a screenshot
It is already fixed in previous updates.

Steven

• Administrator
When I try to rip a CD in 5889, I see the following error which MB "asked me" to report:
that should be fixed for the next update

redwing

when you drag files from within MB, if the left sidebar is auto-hidden it should pop up (I just tried now and its working fine). I think it will be useful if the left sidebar popped up also did that when dragging and the left sidebar is hidden with no auto-open so i will enhance that

When auto-hidden, if you move the mouse to the left, left sidebar pops out as expected.
What I'm proposing is if you start dragging files from main panel (without having to move the mouse to the left) playlist manager should pop out because that is more useful than left sidebar as to where to drop files. But with the current functionality (no folder collapsing and no computer and devices node) people would find it unusable or less useful than left sidebar.

electro

I can't test MB3 right now so I'm asking: is there a shortcut key implemented for displaying the Now Playing page?

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes for the items stated as fixed above
- spacing for artwork tweaked in the Thumbnail Browser, Podcasts panel, and Thumnail playing tracks view
- miniplayer playlist popup now includes stats

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
as phred reported way back when...

There's a typo on the Equiliser & DSP button under Player Preferences:

that typo is still there
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
that typo is still there
It's fixed in today's update 3.0.5892
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
that typo is still there
It's fixed in today's update 3.0.5892

I imagine, with all the other the other bigger bits you've been attending too, that little one's like that are easy to slip away and be forgotten about.
So, thank you :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

StefanIvanovic

Thanx for silent fix for Enqueue last issue I reported yesterday! Still waiting for not stopping playback of deleted/removed track(s) from Now playing list, hope to see that as well sometime soon. I've found another two issues: sometimes artist biography won't show immediately (see gif here https://i.imgur.com/PUR7D23.gif - though it seems fine now with 3.0.5892 update, but it's worth looking at) and scrolling at artwork field is super slow, like 1-3 lines per mouse wheel scroll (see gif2 here http://i.imgur.com/0YYlAlj.gif - every little scroll seen in the gif is one scroll of a mouse scroll wheel; no issues in MBv2.5, with that version it scrolls normally, like 7-10 lines per scroll like here http://i.imgur.com/NQEHw0u.gif).
Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 12:26:00 AM by StefanIvanovic

ankor

MB v3.0.5890
Preferences - Hotkeys
If I delete a hotkey assigned to an action, the keystroke remains displayed in the list. Click on something in the list and then click on the action where the hotkey was deleted and the keystroke disappears next to the action. The keystroke should disappear upon deleting the hotkey.