Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1253310 times)

Steven

• Administrator
I created a playlist with the Duplicates Manager tool (thanks for the playlist naming prompt!).  When I selected one file and use it to replace another, the original file is not removed from the playlist, it just floats to the top with a (!).
I am not able to reproduce this. For me the replaced file is renamed to the new filename so I end up with two files in the playlist with the same name. Is it something you can reproduce or perhaps you were doing other things as the same time and maybe externally deleted the file?

I just noticed that sometimes when I use "Send To > Use File to Replace Another File" I get a confirmation dialog, and sometimes I don't.  I can't tell if there's any pattern to it.  Happens even within the same album.
MB checks if the artist and title are different between the two files. If they are MB prompts for confirmation.
To save confusion i will remove that check and always prompt

Steven

• Administrator
On v2.5, if you switch from album view to track details view, thumbnail browser immediately displays track count instead of album count. But v3 requires reopening of thumbnail browser to change the displayed count.
thats addressed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
also the mini player that could look a lot better with some better info like total album size, total album time, track rating etc.

musicbee and dopamine miniplayer.

also the mini player that could look a lot better with some better info like total album size, total album time, track rating etc.
i have started making some changes around this. Since a few releases ago its now possible to configure the "Thumbnail with Tracks" layout to show fields on the right. In the next update, the mini-player playlist can be configured to show not just the Track Details layout but also the Album and Tracks layout or the "Thumbnail with Tracks" layout.
I will probably add a track finder panel

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I created a playlist with the Duplicates Manager tool (thanks for the playlist naming prompt!).  When I selected one file and use it to replace another, the original file is not removed from the playlist, it just floats to the top with a (!).
I am not able to reproduce this. For me the replaced file is renamed to the new filename so I end up with two files in the playlist with the same name. Is it something you can reproduce or perhaps you were doing other things as the same time and maybe externally deleted the file?

It happens very consistently, even for tracks deleted in other panels.  Here's a GIF: http://imgur.com/xBE6P6b
Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 09:55:16 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
Not sure if this is something on my end, but it happens with every skin. When viewing the compactplayer with TM, the panel is compressed severely to the left side and the rest of the panel is completely transparent.
thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
It happens very consistently, even for tracks delete in other panels.  Here's a GIF: http://imgur.com/xBE6P6b
yes i can reproduce using the "Replace Selected File" command (but not with the other one). I should be able to address it for the next update

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It happens very consistently, even for tracks delete in other panels.  Here's a GIF: http://imgur.com/xBE6P6b
yes i can reproduce using the "Replace Selected File" command (but not with the other one). I should be able to address it for the next update

Huh. It happens with both for me.  Hopefully that will fix it, anyway.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes for the items stated as fixed above
- support for different views in the mini-player playlist panel

redwing

As I reported in another post, there's a bug with Controls main menu. If you click on shuffle, it toggles to auto-DJ mode as well.

redwing

Also, not sure if intentional but to change compactplayer settings, you must navigate to main player>edit>pref>layout2>config. This seems a long way from the compactplayer, It wouldbe nice to access settings from within the player itself as with v2.5.

You can access settings from menu button at the top left.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Replace issue seems to be fixed!

There is still this issue with the button positions in the genre category pop up:

And the icon boxes in the highlighting panel are off as well:

MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I just noticed you made it possible to launch external tools while background tasks are running.  Thank you!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

ankor

I know I've setup Highlighting in the past and I've looked and looked but I can't find it.  It's probably right in front of me (wouldn't be the first time).  Hint somebody?...thanks.

redwing

Just a suggestion. How about displaying "narrow scrollbar", "show icon" for tabs, "show open/close button" on status bar options at the left side of panel layout editor? I feel they got buried deep and many wouldn't even know their existence.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Just a suggestion. How about displaying "narrow scrollbar", "show icon" for tabs, "show open/close button" on status bar options at the left side of panel layout editor? I feel they got buried deep and many wouldn't even know their existence.

+1
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)