Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233282 times)

Steven

• Administrator
a new Bug with the Wavebar since the last Update.
thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
Additional info: If I click up to 4 pixels below the progress bar, it is accepted as a click in the progress bar. If I move away from the menu button and try clicking in the progress bar, it doesn't activate for the top 4 pixels of the bar. It's acting like the active click area for the progress bar is offset vertically by 4 pixels down.
i could have sworn i could reproduce this morning (you are using the musicbee classic skin and window is maximised?)
now i cant and i cant see anything in the code that looks wrong so i will leave this unsolved

Steven

• Administrator
thats as intended
Oh, may I ask why? IMHO it defeats the purpose of having the thumb browser on the left.
now that the thumb browser can be placed to the right of the column browser, i agree that when the thumb browser placed to the left of the column browser (when its vertically arranged) should filter the column browser, so i will look to make that change
Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 08:10:08 PM by Steven

redwing

What about library explorer when it's placed right of thumb browser? Are you gonna change that too?

Steven

• Administrator
What about library explorer when it's placed right of thumb browser? Are you gonna change that too?
no - its too much effort involved and i dont see a lot of benefit

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fix for the wavebar bug

h0m3r

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fix for the wavebar bug

nice! can confirm the fix

redwing

When playing a music file with the progress bar on top and with the main menu as a button, clicking on the part of the progress bar just under the main menu button not only skips to that part of the song, but also opens the main menu itself.

As the op said, there's an overlapping area just below menu button (from left menu button) where you could click on progress bar at the same time opening up main menu.

SoftwareSamurai

Additional info: If I click up to 4 pixels below the progress bar, it is accepted as a click in the progress bar. If I move away from the menu button and try clicking in the progress bar, it doesn't activate for the top 4 pixels of the bar. It's acting like the active click area for the progress bar is offset vertically by 4 pixels down.
i could have sworn i could reproduce this morning (you are using the musicbee classic skin and window is maximised?)
Yes, and I should add that I've got "Skin Window Borders" checked as well.

now i cant and i cant see anything in the code that looks wrong so i will leave this unsolved
:'(   <- Unrepentant attempt to gain sympathy.

Sofocl

If you change the position or add track in "Playing tracks" "remaining time" is displayed incorrectly:

In the library, "status bar" does not display information for the selected file (displays either for all, or several, but not for one):

Request (on the subject); to Display information from "Status bar" as shown below:
I think it's more convenient, logical and Can completely get rid of the "Status bar".
Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 11:59:48 PM by Sofocl
Sorry for my bad English.

AvikB

Request (on the subject); to Display information from "Status bar" as shown below:
I think it's more convenient, logical and Can completely get rid of the "Status bar".
+1

Leodj

Greetings when will be Available and FIxed this version ?

ankor

However that's the space where the horizontal A-Z bar appears. Also where would you relocate the panel buttons (to open/close sidebar panels)? It takes up a tiny amount of vertical space but it's a clean look (imo) compared to jamming those items elsewhere.

ankor

What about implementing tooltips over panel headers that give the corresponding name of the panel as it's referenced in Panels Configuration. Also assign a keystroke (like Ctrl-N) for Arrange Panels and include that in the tooltip.

tooltip:
This is the "Left Sidebar panel - Stacked"
Press Ctrl+N to customize the layout of the panels.

or something like that.

Sofocl

However that's the space where the horizontal A-Z bar appears. Also where would you relocate the panel buttons (to open/close sidebar panels)? It takes up a tiny amount of vertical space but it's a clean look (imo) compared to jamming those items elsewhere.
Of course it is better to have it optional, though personally I don't use A-Z bar and "panel buttons" and wanted to see it by default.
Sorry for my bad English.