Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1253265 times)

Mr. Trev

A bug I've found…
using the auto playlists, condition "is any of". when you click the drop down menu to select the ones you want as soon as you click on one, the drop down menu closes.

eg: auto playlist - genre is any of <aac,alac>. as soon as I click on aac, the drop menu closes and I have to reopen it again to select alac. In 2.x you could select all the choices you need before chosing the drop menu

Steven

• Administrator
1. (MBv3 specific) When minimized to MiniPlayer and when track list in MiniPlayer is shown after resizing and minimizing MB again MiniPlayer won't go back to where it was (bottom right at this time), it's position is shifted up as much as of hight of track list.

2. At the beginning of gif notice how track position time is not even near the mouse cursor on Wavebar, that issue is present for some time now, no issue on MBv2.5 though.

3. That song is marked as having no lyrics, but in lyrics field next to artist picture it's just blank. It was better on MBv2.5 where in lyrics field stated:

- NO LYRICS if user marked song as such
- NO LYRICS FOUND if status is not clear whether it failed to find lyrics or the song contains none and isn't properly marked by the user

This BLANK is kind of confusing behavior.

And just one question, is there a way to prevent this weired possibility to edit song attributes/tags trough the playing tracks list when slowly double-clicked? It is Windows Explorer behavior, but I think it's not very convenient here, at least not for me. So, if there is no way right now, there should be in the future releases of MB a way of disabling this if user wants to.
1. thats fixed for next update
2. if the wavebar is made extra large then yes i see the gap is too large so i will improve that
3. thats intentional
to disable in-panel tag editing, disable it in the Tags(2) preferences

Steven

• Administrator
A bug I've found…
using the auto playlists, condition "is any of". when you click the drop down menu to select the ones you want as soon as you click on one, the drop down menu closes.
thats been addressed for the next v3 update

sleepless

In the 'Now Playing' tab, it's possible to hide/display the left sidebar/navigation panel., but not the right.  We can choose to hide/display the 'Now Playing' embedded sidebar from within the settings, but not the right sidebar from the main display. In v2.5 this was possible to do using the 'Playing Tracks' tab:

I would really appreciate it if this was possible in v3. It was the only way I found I could display both large rotating album art AND artist pictures together.

redwing

With a certain setup, 1px glitch appears between left sidebar & main panel when on radio or music explorer node: http://i.imgur.com/2Pr4ggB.png
To reproduce, select library or inbox node and then select radio or music explorer node (PMed settings file).

redwing

Just tried a fresh installation of MB3, and it wasn't clear how to make left sidebar permanently show up.
If you go to preferences, nothing there to show the sidebar in layout section. Even on panel editor, it's not still obvious how to enable the left sidebar. Tried to add new elements to there, but it doesn't make the sidebar show up. Is it intended for users to open override tab settings and adjust the left sidebar setting to show?

SoftwareSamurai

MB3 v3.0.5879:

Q: In Layout(1) -> top panel -> progress bar: Is there suppose to be a difference between "progress bar above play controls" and "progress bar on bottom"?
I ask because it appears that "progress bar above play controls" places the progress bar below the play controls - the same as "progress bar on bottom".

Steven

• Administrator
Q: In Layout(1) -> top panel -> progress bar: Is there suppose to be a difference between "progress bar above play controls" and "progress bar on bottom"?
I ask because it appears that "progress bar above play controls" places the progress bar below the play controls - the same as "progress bar on bottom".
those settings dont apply for bitmap skins. I will put in a warning message

redwing

those settings dont apply for bitmap skins. I will put in a warning message

As the op pointed out, there's an unnecessary option only in pref/layout(1) section. That option doesn't exist on the context menu of player on top.

Steven

• Administrator
With a certain setup, 1px glitch appears between left sidebar & main panel when on radio or music explorer node: http://i.imgur.com/2Pr4ggB.png
To reproduce, select library or inbox node and then select radio or music explorer node (PMed settings file).
thats fixed for the next update

Just tried a fresh installation of MB3, and it wasn't clear how to make left sidebar permanently show up.
If you go to preferences, nothing there to show the sidebar in layout section. Even on panel editor, it's not still obvious how to enable the left sidebar. Tried to add new elements to there, but it doesn't make the sidebar show up. Is it intended for users to open override tab settings and adjust the left sidebar setting to show?
i will make a small change so the left and right sidebar hide options always display

redwing

Also consider adding "Arrange Panels" command under View main menu. If I were a new user, that'd be the first place I would check.

Steven

• Administrator
In the 'Now Playing' tab, it's possible to hide/display the left sidebar/navigation panel., but not the right.  We can choose to hide/display the 'Now Playing' embedded sidebar from within the settings, but not the right sidebar from the main display. In v2.5 this was possible to do using the 'Playing Tracks' tab:
]http://s12.postimg.org/x1zyl9cnd/Image_7.jpg

I would really appreciate it if this was possible in v3. It was the only way I found I could display both large rotating album art AND artist pictures together.
i will probably make this change but it might not be until later next week

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- changes and fixes as stated above
- now supports docking the (vertically oriented) Column Browser to the left of the Thumbnail Browser. To do this, the Thumb Browser can now be dragged into the main panel. Keep in mind the Column Browser needs to be vertically oriented
Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 05:18:22 PM by Steven

indecisive_bird

I found a little bug. I can't sort by album in the Album and Tracks view, instead it selects all the tracks in my library. All the other sort options (Artist, Title, rating, etc.) work just fine. If I click on any of those and then want to go back to sorting my albums, the only way is to right click where it says Album then Sort By -> Album. This problem does not happen in the Tracks view.

Here are some images to show what I mean:

Side note, can anyone tell me how to make those gifs I see here to better illustrate problems?

Steven

• Administrator
I found a little bug. I can't sort by album in the Album and Tracks view, instead it selects all the tracks in my library. All the other sort options (Artist, Title, rating, etc.) work just fine. If I click on any of those and then want to go back to sorting my albums, the only way is to right click where it says Album then Sort By -> Album. This problem does not happen in the Tracks view.
That is intended behavior but i will change it so clicking the Artwork column selects all tracks and clicking Album sorts - currently its the other way around