Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1253037 times)

Steven

• Administrator
For v3, if you change it so MB does jump to the track, please add an option to be able to disable this feature, otherwise we will no more be able to browse/edit/manage our library freely during play (it will constantly jump at each song change).
I think the actual implementation is consistent:
- "coloring track" doesn't jump to the track
- "selecting track" jumps to the track (the same thing if we use the up/down keys to change selection: it jumps to the selection => this is a good design)
yes i agree and you reminded me why it was done the way it was

Steven

• Administrator
Came across this error, steps to reproduce;
Open a new tab while the sidebars are hidden, create a new playlist from the auto-opened left sidebar.
thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
When right-clicking on a Windows explorer folder and then clicking on "Play with MusicBee", the audio files doesn't load and an error message is displayed :

If I do the same from an audio files selection, it works.
i cant reproduce this. Can you check the error log (help/ support/ view error log) and see if there is an entry at the time it happened

hiccup

- "selecting track" jumps to the track (the same thing if we use the up/down keys to change selection: it jumps to the selection => this is a good design)
[/quote]

In case in the future the configuration panels might get a little bit less crowded, it might be clearer if you could then separately activate 'jump to' and/or 'colour'

o  Put focus on playing track
         -   o  jump to the playing track
         -   o  colour the text of the playing track

syldub

When right-clicking on a Windows explorer folder and then clicking on "Play with MusicBee", the audio files doesn't load and an error message is displayed :

If I do the same from an audio files selection, it works.
i cant reproduce this. Can you check the error log (help/ support/ view error log) and see if there is an entry at the time it happened

I can easily reproduce it. Here are the entries generated (I don't know why 2 similar lines are generated in ErrorLog.dat):
02/02/2016 20:33:07 - 6.3.9600.0 - 3.0.5875.37344 - url: G:\_Downloads - BitTorrent\_Finished\_Zique\ACDC - 2009 - Backtracks (2CD)\CD2\201-acdc-dirty_deeds_done_dirt_cheap_(live).mp3
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qz2FGC3yt9prorKVoKennX4C_X015Lrde61kf5M9HUI0=.#=qjXjTNjtIEWbWTtgah2Fygg==.#=qwQ0A19NU$lx$Dn4uEGLUZw==(#=qyS7ilwsiSdrLmh7CCu5u_w== #=qv7MCrbQdFNILJWKA2ASh3Q==, #=qtfKC9qunP_WYAusHqxYocA== #=qyc07mn4B86bTLb3hX6eU4Q==, Boolean #=q$BaJgAbz_8SwV69Q8RUGkg==)
   at #=qz2FGC3yt9prorKVoKennX4C_X015Lrde61kf5M9HUI0=.#=qmbXxLv$qtncCQ7CgUkDGBQ==(#=qjXjTNjtIEWbWTtgah2Fygg== #=qPVs0AiR31K6y7T1E4TvB9w==, #=qPOwcr1WFWL8q8SDFTBEu_h2WjCF7JG7_rbyioUUlw0E= #=qDeyrhpI1RDQsp1cSFcXpDg==, Boolean #=qC$syG3nMKn$z_Vcwng8Frg==, Boolean #=qPpWrmk2ePgNNtTi9S46pSQ==, Boolean #=qUquQYiLrJeU$SqMJaaycXjUWkZRatcZ5Qi0BGRF0KdA=, Boolean #=qCpofoaetl94sSkn2gS2Ijg==, Int32 #=qoNKImF0ynKIpyVAVLYDtmw0j6RH_I$KypSuCrjWJSJk=)
   at #=qz2FGC3yt9prorKVoKennX4C_X015Lrde61kf5M9HUI0=.#=qZHJBzJ1sHayV3NGE_bNKxQ==(Object #=qrtSkxDEmOHNR9_2vfm6tRw==)

02/02/2016 20:33:07 - 6.3.9600.0 - 3.0.5875.37344 - url: G:\_Downloads - BitTorrent\_Finished\_Zique\ACDC - 2009 - Backtracks (2CD)\CD2\201-acdc-dirty_deeds_done_dirt_cheap_(live).mp3
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qz2FGC3yt9prorKVoKennX4C_X015Lrde61kf5M9HUI0=.#=qjXjTNjtIEWbWTtgah2Fygg==.#=qwQ0A19NU$lx$Dn4uEGLUZw==(#=qyS7ilwsiSdrLmh7CCu5u_w== #=qv7MCrbQdFNILJWKA2ASh3Q==, #=qtfKC9qunP_WYAusHqxYocA== #=qyc07mn4B86bTLb3hX6eU4Q==, Boolean #=q$BaJgAbz_8SwV69Q8RUGkg==)
   at #=qz2FGC3yt9prorKVoKennX4C_X015Lrde61kf5M9HUI0=.#=qmbXxLv$qtncCQ7CgUkDGBQ==(#=qjXjTNjtIEWbWTtgah2Fygg== #=qPVs0AiR31K6y7T1E4TvB9w==, #=qPOwcr1WFWL8q8SDFTBEu_h2WjCF7JG7_rbyioUUlw0E= #=qDeyrhpI1RDQsp1cSFcXpDg==, Boolean #=qC$syG3nMKn$z_Vcwng8Frg==, Boolean #=qPpWrmk2ePgNNtTi9S46pSQ==, Boolean #=qUquQYiLrJeU$SqMJaaycXjUWkZRatcZ5Qi0BGRF0KdA=, Boolean #=qCpofoaetl94sSkn2gS2Ijg==, Int32 #=qoNKImF0ynKIpyVAVLYDtmw0j6RH_I$KypSuCrjWJSJk=)
   at #=qz2FGC3yt9prorKVoKennX4C_X015Lrde61kf5M9HUI0=.#=qZHJBzJ1sHayV3NGE_bNKxQ==(Object #=qrtSkxDEmOHNR9_2vfm6tRw==)
I was a Winamp lover... until I discovered MusicBee! No other music player can beat it!

ankor

For v3, if you change it so MB does jump to the track, please add an option to be able to disable this feature, otherwise we will no more be able to browse/edit/manage our library freely during play (it will constantly jump at each song change).
very good, very good...got me scared there for a moment the main panel was going to be jumping all around lol...having the option -excellent!

Steven

• Administrator
I can easily reproduce it. Here are the entries generated (I don't know why 2 similar lines are generated in ErrorLog.dat):
i will need your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Steven

• Administrator
In the player controls (which is in the "top panel" in my setting), if I grab the volume slider marker and drag it to raise the volume, but then before I release the mouse button I continue to drag over to the Equalizer and DSP settings icon, and THEN release the mouse button, the Equalizer and DSP settings window will pop open. (The volume is correctly maximized however.)

And, once the Equalizer and DSP settings window is open, clicking the icon in the player controls again won't close the window like in MB 2.5. (Not sure if that was intentional behavior for MB3.)
those are fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
Now Playing panel, Playlist view: hitting Enter does not work, it actually stops the music instead of playing selected track.

EDIT: same bug in Artist Picture view (playlist in the right sidebar).
thats fixed for the next v3 update

hiccup

It might be good to limit how small you can drag the left sidebar:

I had the thumbnail browser panel on the right of this sidebar, and was able to drag it completely to the left, and removed it out of sight (under the left sidebar), and could not drag it back anymore.

Steven

• Administrator
I had the thumbnail browser panel on the right of this sidebar, and was able to drag it completely to the left, and removed it out of sight (under the left sidebar), and could not drag it back anymore.
using the version from yesterday?

hiccup

using the version from yesterday?

Yes.
(and just re-downloaded it to be very certain)

edit:

having these settings:

redwing

I wouldn't say it's consistent because with color text option now playing panel jumps but main panel doesn't.
Here selecting, jumping and coloring means all different things, and I always thought jumping is essential but now I agree it's not necessarily.
Maybe all those options could be offered for each panel.
Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:15:10 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- changes and fixes as stated above
- also fixed is some incorrect changing of the default artwork view to/from artists/albums when different navigator nodes used the artwork layout