Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248541 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I believe there is an American English language file available
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Also, the word "Equalizer" is misspelled: on the window header is shows "Equaliser" - with an s instead of a z.
The spelling is correct for UK English.  Which is where Steven is from.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

SoftwareSamurai

I believe there is an American English language file available
Oh, I see. I had checked the language setting and saw it said "English". Didn't realize that meant English UK. But now I see there's an "English (US)" selection.

Alumni

Came across this error, steps to reproduce;
Open a new tab while the sidebars are hidden, create a new playlist from the auto-opened left sidebar.

MusicBee v3.0.5874.38174 (Win10.0), 2 Feb 2016 14:42:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=quEO1fplKOL043KHeQm3ncw==.#=q3TruWClZNl$8oYIjnL8dJQ==(#=qveDAOvgLPdWcOC5xAIAR_BCpFxO$518fDyg$hD59$WzqCFflLFJsLNXUoJaD$5TY #=qIU0qJK3l4M2QEFKe$HreKg==)
   at #=qqMazUzxbiJ8wC23ANBVbVZjozePuHjL7fjKkaH6f2DU=.#=qRZ92jERAG8H_Jt5nEJKVeg==(#=qxC8770vLtLm7MZ7wJL0XKQ== #=qD1gawmzG6d6iX$PgcYxHIA==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qFUo5j0DNsaqoyFACj1DwLCxa_v6gelihQt0TJ0$T_ZM=(#=qtgNff1RzNdG6D5i2gRhy$4nX_ob6ULPUCDk3soGAtcU= #=qx50FCmCADQ5uAGetEdp1UA==, String #=qRKzQvT$l$hBfLmV3gQ4guQ==, List`1 #=qOEU3DiRbRNvgYNxPSlRGeg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qnekbEoftJRya9PsqnPSyoA==.#=qrc880MMTC0lCoJ3W2OJNaA==(ApplicationCommand #=qqtGelIWwYClzHU3VEcG6VA==, Object #=q5s_XjWqWluNNI$5gw4rshA==, IList`1 #=qRDDZi9OjCiIuwqpBb_q6QQ==)
   at #=qjq8F3Wc761y_vuUSzffqa3diZizzQX2u3bwuGg2fty0=.OnClick(EventArgs #=qX26NGuDnenlluYdA23jv$g==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

redwing

Highlighted playing track for main panel setting has never worked with color text. If you're not gonna support it, that color text option should be removed. People keep asking about that.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
When now playing bar, wavebar and spectrum visualiser are used in the main panel, they are not constrained to the central part (as per the panels configuration guide images) but extend under both the left main panel and right main panel.

This seems to be counter-productive of having those left/right panels set up to take advantage of the extra screen space of a wide screen.

When they indicate they're under the main panel area, shouldn't that be limited to those items that are grouped in the main panel section of the panels configuration?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

syldub

Highlighted playing track for main panel setting has never worked with color text. If you're not gonna support it, that color text option should be removed. People keep asking about that.

I may not understand what you saying. In the Now Playing panel, the currently played track can have a colored text (and if find this very useful).

I have this config :

And the colored text works :
I was a Winamp lover... until I discovered MusicBee! No other music player can beat it!

syldub

Even if the Cover.jpg file is in the same Windows folder than the mp3, the album cover doesn't display automatically, even if I rescan the audio files.
For instance :

Though the album cover appears after some time (15 minutes ?).

When right-clicking on a Windows explorer folder and then clicking on "Play with MusicBee", the audio files doesn't load and an error message is displayed :

If I do the same from an audio files selection, it works.
I was a Winamp lover... until I discovered MusicBee! No other music player can beat it!

redwing

I may not understand what you saying. In the Now Playing panel, the currently played track can have a colored text (and if find this very useful).

I said "main panel" setting, the second one, which is a known issue for long: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=11354.msg69271#msg69271

HHM

Now Playing panel, Playlist view: hitting Enter does not work, it actually stops the music instead of playing selected track.

EDIT: same bug in Artist Picture view (playlist in the right sidebar).

phred

• Global Moderator
I beg to differ.  It's worked for me in 2.5 and continues to work in 3.0.  See this recent post with screenshot  http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17385.msg103603#msg103603
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

I beg to differ.  It's worked for me in 2.5 and continues to work in 3.0.  See this recent post with screenshot  http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17385.msg103603#msg103603

I believe the issue is that when you select 'color text', the main panel does not jump to that track. So if the playing track is somewhere out of view (somewhere up or down in a long list), the panel does not jump to it.
It does when you have 'select track' instead of 'color text'.
Or does it do that in your setup in both cases?

syldub

I said "main panel" setting, the second one, which is a known issue for long: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=11354.msg69271#msg69271

Colored playing track is working well in the Main Panel on my MusicBee:

Steven

• Administrator
I believe the issue is that when you select 'color text', the main panel does not jump to that track. So if the playing track is somewhere out of view (somewhere up or down in a long list), the panel does not jump to it.
thats exactly right. Trying now its the same with v2.5.
For v3, i will change it so MB does jump to the track

syldub

thats exactly right. Trying now its the same with v2.5.
For v3, i will change it so MB does jump to the track

For v3, if you change it so MB does jump to the track, please add an option to be able to disable this feature, otherwise we will no more be able to browse/edit/manage our library freely during play (it will constantly jump at each song change).
I think the actual implementation is consistent:
- "coloring track" doesn't jump to the track
- "selecting track" jumps to the track (the same thing if we use the up/down keys to change selection: it jumps to the selection => this is a good design)