Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233444 times)

Steven

• Administrator
In v2.5, it was possible to "Update Play Order". I didn't find this in v3.0.
I have added that back in to v3 for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
On Win7, my taskbar is at the bottom of my screen, and set to auto-hide. When MB's main window is maximized and focused, it prevents the taskbar from being brought up by moving the mouse to the bottom of the screen where the taskbar is. I'm guessing there's something in MB that's trying to force it to be top-most window when focused?
This should be addressed for the next v3 update. But only for skinned window borders. I have tested this on windows7 and windows10 and would appreciate confirmation its working ok from anyone who has reported this issue

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- changes and fixes as stated above

SoftwareSamurai

On Win7, my taskbar is at the bottom of my screen, and set to auto-hide. When MB's main window is maximized and focused, it prevents the taskbar from being brought up by moving the mouse to the bottom of the screen where the taskbar is. I'm guessing there's something in MB that's trying to force it to be top-most window when focused?
This should be addressed for the next v3 update. But only for skinned window borders. I have tested this on windows7 and windows10 and would appreciate confirmation its working ok from anyone who has reported this issue
MB3 v3.0.5874:

Ah yes, it's all good now! I can tick the "Skin Window Borders", set the header bar -> main menu "As Button" and tabs bar "below caption bar", and now the Win7 taskbar performs correctly. Good work Steven! Many thanks!

redwing

although i cant reproduce the behavior in your screenshot i am able to detect an internal inconsistency when images are first cached - thats fixed now. So hopefully thats the same as the issue you found

Yes, that's fixed.

Excellent! No problem unhiding taskbar on Windows 10 any more.

redwing

set the header bar -> main menu "As Button" and tabs bar "below caption bar"

It works for me regardless of those settings on Windows 10. Can you test it?

Coogan

Taskbar Auto-Hide is now working for me when MusicBee is maximized.
[Edit] Forgot to mention, I'm using Windows 10 64Bit.

Coogan
Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:21:49 PM by Coogan
My MusicBee Version:

WannaBee

Coogan

Windows 7 x64: Autohide does not work (consistently) for me.

[EDIT] The lastest update v3.0.5874 did the trick for me. Autohide now works smoothly.
Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 06:53:16 PM by WannaBee

SoftwareSamurai

set the header bar -> main menu "As Button" and tabs bar "below caption bar"

It works for me regardless of those settings on Windows 10. Can you test it?
Yes it does. Steven had originally suggested part of the work-around was "- in the panel layout, menu below caption bar and tabs below caption bar", so I went back to my original settings to verify the fix worked for my preference.

SoftwareSamurai

Windows 7 x64: Autohide does not work (consistently) for me.
I'm on Win7 x64 and it seems consistent for me. (MB3 v3.0.5874).
Can you clarify what's not consistent for you? Perhaps I can repro it and verify for Steven?

syldub

When clicking in the header for the "play" column, it generates an error. In v2.5 it was used to select all tracks.
thats fixed for the next update

Hi Steven,
The last update does indeed select all tracks... but another click on the same location does not unselect all selected tracks like it was done in v2.5.
I was a Winamp lover... until I discovered MusicBee! No other music player can beat it!

Steven

• Administrator
I don't believe so. For example, say I have 4 songs on the "playing tracks" section, and I wanted to rearrange two of those without using ctrl or similar method. Before, you were able to just drag and select with the mouse like two songs, and then they would be selected and draggable. Hopefully that's a bit clearer? I've also included a mixtape webm link to clarify: https://my.mixtape.moe/isvskq.webm

Oh, to clarify because my webm seems to communicate otherwise, dragging the songs to new positions in the queue works, just not multi-selection dragging.
i have added support for drag and select. This mode is activated when you start the mouse drag on an unselected and blank area of the panel.
Its in the next v3 update (not in the latest beta)

Steven

• Administrator
The last update does indeed select all tracks... but another click on the same location does not unselect all selected tracks like it was done in v2.5.
thats addressed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
In the right sidebar when you have album cover element the image fits there nicely, but when you have track detail with artwork there is that small but unnecessary padding. it would look better if there is no padding for the artwork, but only for the tack infos(or even give us the option of overlaying the info, or only show info on mouseover ;)).
i have made this change for the next update, so the artwork in the track info panel now fills the entire panel width (when configured that way). However i am not fully commited to this and if others say they dont like it i might undo this change

galactica12

Thanks Steven! Also wanted to notate on Windows 10 64-bit, the auto-hide on my desktop works properly as of the latest beta as well. Thanks for fixing that.