Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1253433 times)

superstar19

Made the jump last night and starting to get a feel for the layout and options.  I have my Main Panel layout listed by Artists and when I double-click on an Artist with multiple albums, I'm trying to get it to fill up the panel with each album cover by that Artist in the Panel like my setup with MB2.  Instead, it just shows the Artist again with the first album cover displayed and a bunch of blank space in the panel.  I can select the artist and then the albums are shown horizontally below, but I prefer to have the panel filled with album selections.  If I change the view to Albums that works, but then when I go back to the full library, all of the albums in the library are shown instead of just being listed/grouped by Artist.

redwing

try again with the latest version. As mentioned i cant reproduce to test this so its guesswork

Yep, no longer able to make panels to disappear by resizing. Thanks!

redwing

Made the jump last night and starting to get a feel for the layout and options.  I have my Main Panel layout listed by Artists and when I double-click on an Artist with multiple albums, I'm trying to get it to fill up the panel with each album cover by that Artist in the Panel like my setup with MB2.  Instead, it just shows the Artist again with the first album cover displayed and a bunch of blank space in the panel.  I can select the artist and then the albums are shown horizontally below, but I prefer to have the panel filled with album selections.  If I change the view to Albums that works, but then when I go back to the full library, all of the albums in the library are shown instead of just being listed/grouped by Artist.

Then you might be interested in my proposal:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg103017#msg103017

Support the idea to make it happen.

Steven

• Administrator
i dont understand what you mean. I suggest you post a link to a screenshot of your MB2 setup and your MB3 setup so i can see the issue. If you are using the beta from a week ago, i suggest you download the latest patch as a lot of bugs have been fixed, and unzip it into the folder where MB is installed

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

Mr. Trev

In my Inbox tab, I have the view set to albums and tracks, with the option "display first few tracks" selected.
When I click on the artwork (or ctrl-a) to select the tracks to auto tag, it only selects (and tags) the displayed tracks (not the ones that need to be expanded to be displayed)
If I disable the "display first…" option then MB will select all the tracks
its working fine for me and i dont see how it could not be selecting all files. Can you reconfirm this
Just moved 12 files to my monitored folder. The inbox shows 8 files, with  "4 more files" expanded menu thing. If I click on the image, or ctrl-a it will only select the 8 displayed files. As soon as i click on the "4 more", the rest are automagically selected too. Seems on my install ,as long as there are files not being shown, they don't get selected.
i still cant reproduce this even with your settings so i will leave it unsolved. I did however find the opposite bug, where the hidden files continue to remain selected when they should not be. Thats fixed for the next update
edit:
actually select all wasnt always working as expected - thats fixed for the next update. Selecting a picture should always have worked though

Strange, never had the problem you mentioned. I tried todays update and it hasn't helped my problem. I guess I'll just turn that particular option off until the official 3.0 is released and I can do a fresh install

endeavour1934

I've just noticed that in 3.0 you can't drag the progressbar button to any desired position of the progressbar, the cancel symbol appears and music stops playing. Is this behaviour intended or is it a bug?

syldub

When clicking in the header for the "play" column, it generates an error. In v2.5 it was used to select all tracks.

MusicBee v3.0.5873.35247 (Win6.3), 31 janv. 2016 1:26:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: collection
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at #=qP1KiGJ3SF_DLg9x0JjtRUO_uPMgh$NdiWfae9F$nwUM=.#=qKJ08bqr$WQxN4b4w$HCWhoo4sEU_fcf3XZmsl9YOQEQ=.#=q0Akx3YiE5jetAMo9SoTb1Q==(Boolean #=qzmHcifJm7Il8Ovuo5tCN2w==)
   at #=qP1KiGJ3SF_DLg9x0JjtRUO_uPMgh$NdiWfae9F$nwUM=.#=qiv5vS3CcmflGUVV19Y6jQA==()
   at #=qP1KiGJ3SF_DLg9x0JjtRUO_uPMgh$NdiWfae9F$nwUM=.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs #=qalDObHA$FwJwC6eJCMp4Fg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qKjrhnI1Y7$rP$02g1w7Q8kk2pVWADkUIJuGA3icSlOs=.WndProc(Message& #=qjouMnRjRqUdUVHV2KT0ZLQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
I was a Winamp lover... until I discovered MusicBee! No other music player can beat it!

Lazulite

I've just noticed that in 3.0 you can't drag the progressbar button to any desired position of the progressbar, the cancel symbol appears and music stops playing. Is this behaviour intended or is it a bug?

I also have this. When you drag the cursor instead of clicking on the progress bar, you start getting erratic behavior. The music stops playing but, if I click any drop down menu, it starts playing again. Clicking on the progress bar will also unpause the music, but the cursor doesn't jump to where you click.

syldub

When "Now Playing" is selected in the left sidebar, and the "Now Playing" mode is set to "Playlist", the "Configure Layout" button only allows to configure the "Now Playing Sidebar".
Why doesn't it allow to configure the header bar, the top panel, left sidebar, main panel, bottom panel as well? (although it is allowed when the "Now Playing" mode is set to another mode).

In v2.5 we could have the Artist Biography (from Last.fm) displayed in the Main Panel (the panel was called "Playing Track").
In v3.0 this is no more possible when the "Now Playing" mode is set to "Playlist". We can only display the artist biography in the right sidebar, which is not optimized when the biography is long.
Besides, in v2.5, we could rotate the artist pictures automatically. In v3.0 this is no more possible when the "Now Playing" mode is set to "Playlist" (we can't even show the artist pictures).

The elapsed song part in the Wave Bar is looking differently in the top panel (yellow) and in the right sidebar (grey). Why not applying the same color convention?
In v3.0:

The yellow part in the Wave Bar in the top panel is looking differently in v2.5 and in v3.0. Is that change being intentional? I find the yellow color too flashy in v3.0.
In v2.5:

I have configured MusicBee to colorize the song currently played in the Now Playing:

Consider this scenario:
a) I play a list of songs in MusicBee

b) I close MusicBee
c) I restart MusicBee... the song that I was playing is no more highlighted in purple. So I can't quickly see which song it will start when I will press the play button.

d) If I press the play button, the playlist restart at the same song it has been stopped before though.
As MusicBee is saving the playlist status, so why not highlighting the current playlist position?
Note that we cannot "Stop" a playlist, as there is no "Stop" button in MusicBee, but just a "Play/Pause" button (which is a good design, I think).

In the track details, it is impossible to set the song title font in regular weight. When using custom font in regular weight, the song title is in bold.
In the "Now Playing" mode, in the track detail, the internet links are not displayed.
I was a Winamp lover... until I discovered MusicBee! No other music player can beat it!

phred

• Global Moderator
The elapsed song part in the Wave Bar is looking differently in the top panel (yellow) and in the right sidebar (grey). Why not applying the same color convention?
The color is skin dependent.  More than likely that was overlooked when the skin was created.  Which skin are you using?  Try another skin

The yellow part in the Wave Bar in the top panel is looking differently in v2.5 and in v3.0. Is that change being intentional? I find the yellow color too flashy in v3.0.
Again, the color of the wavebar is skin dependent.  I would guess that you're not using the same skin in v3 and v2.5.  It looks like you're using MusicBee3 default skin for v3 and MusicBee default for 2.5.  I just tested them both and the yellow part of the wavebar is exactly the same color.

I have configured MusicBee to colorize the song currently played in the Now Playing:
Consider this scenario:
c) I restart MusicBee... the song that I was playing is no more highlighted in purple. So I can't quickly see which song it will start when I will press the play button.
The song is no longer highlighted because it is no longer playing.  As the menu option states "highlight playing track ..."

Note that we cannot "Stop" a playlist, as there is no "Stop" button in MusicBee, but just a "Play/Pause" button (which is a good design, I think).
You can easily configure a Hotkey and/or a toolbar button to stop playback.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

syldub

Thanks phred.
I use the standard MusicBee3 skin. I think this is the default skin for MusicBee3 after a new installation.
Maybe it will be good to standardize the yellow coloring in the 2 wave bars in the default skin (useful for new users).

Sorry, I had switched the skin from "MusicBee3" to "MusiBee Classic" last week to test some reported bug in the forum, and forgot to revert it to "MusicBee3". You're right, v3.0 has strictly the same colors as v2.5 using the default skin.

I also found that CTRL + S allows stopping the playlist. This releases the currently played file from the audio engine, which is useful when we need to modify the file externally without having to close MusicBee.
But I still think that even stopped, the playlist should show a "marker" on the last played file, in order to identify it quickly.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can easily configure a Hotkey and/or a toolbar button to stop playback.

Holding Shift will turn the pause button into a stop button.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Holding Shift will turn the pause button into a stop button.
Oh yeah - I forgot about that.  Holding shift while hovering over the pause button.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks phred.
I use the standard MusicBee3 skin. I think this is the default skin for MusicBee3 after a new installation.
Maybe it will be good to standardize the yellow coloring in the 2 wave bars in the default skin (useful for new users).
As I said, it's more than likely an oversight.  Steven would need to make the change to the default skin once he has the time.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

ankor

When clicking in the header for the "play" column, it generates an error. In v2.5 it was used to select all tracks.

MusicBee v3.0.5873.35247 (Win6.3), 31 janv. 2016 1:26:

I happened to try the "select all" button and it selected all the files in Playing Tracks or in Tracks without any trouble.  That's when I was using the version from the 25th I believe.  Upon updating to version 3.0.5873 it's not working now.