Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1232947 times)

HHM

And another small bug:
Now Playing Panel, PLaylist view. Right sidebar showing Bio+Lyrics in a stack:
a) when stack option is set to stack on top of eachother, it works and you can switch between Lyrics & Bio
b) when stacked elements are shown as tabs, the tabs are not working, right sidebar shows only lyrics, clicking on Bio gives no effect

(EDIT: actually there is an effect, but instead of showing bio, a "customize panel settings" popup appears)

HHM

And yet another one:
Track details in right sidebar of Now Plaing tab don't refresh after editing tags.

Steven

• Administrator
There seems to be a small change in behavior of Artist & Album links from Track Information panel (working as the link to Library Filter).
I wonder if it's a designed changed in MB. Here's what I mean:

1. in MB2 clicking Artis/Album always showed the tracks of this filter from the whole library. No matter in which playlist or pannel u where. Always all tracks of the particular artist or album were shown.
2. in MB3 it is connected with the Search node. If the playlist/tab has "entire library" search node on, then Artist&Album filter tracks from the whole library. However, with "local node only" on, it filters out tracks from the current playlist.

I must admit I strongly prefer the MB2 behavior, seems to be more logic and intuitive.
i have changed the behavior to be consistent with v2.5

HHM

Is ther a chance to change it in one's own settings file then?

Steven

• Administrator
- The hotkey's now working fine. But still "Switch to main player" command shows another one. With a fresh installation, it shows no hotkey for that command even though one is assigned.
the hotkey to restore the main player panel is missing from the list in the hotkey preferences but would have still remained active from a 2.5 upgrade. Thats fixed.
I cant reproduce any issue with the wrong hotkey showning in the caption bar menu though. I suggest you reapply the hotkey setting with the new version when its ready to see if the issue remains for you

- The mini player issue is fixed. But there's another one. "automatically close this window" setting doesn't work.
that should be fixed for the next update

The Artwork (Selected) display does not properly follow the selection once a track has been selected and is in lowlight mode.  GIF: http://i.imgur.com/VhiVvOh.gif

Why does the speaker icon on sidebar player always show 10, not 100, at full volume even with enough space?

Can't intentionally reproduce, but occasionally get this kind of glitch on status bar.

I think it happens when resized window gets maximized, but not 100% sure.

Also, now playing right sidebar has the same bug that I reported before:

And another small bug:
Now Playing Panel, PLaylist view. Right sidebar showing Bio+Lyrics in a stack:
a) when stack option is set to stack on top of eachother, it works and you can switch between Lyrics & Bio
b) when stacked elements are shown as tabs, the tabs are not working, right sidebar shows only lyrics, clicking on Bio gives no effect

With these settings, it is possible to drag the 'stacked' header bar completely down and out of view.

Just regarding the Now Playing panel, it was intentional that only playing tracks info is displayed. Not disputing that selected tracks would be useful but i need to see what is involved before i promise
Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 08:50:29 PM by Steven

fkm

Can't seem to find if this has been mentioned before but in 3.0, you can no longer left click with the mouse and drag to highlight multiple items in column browser. Really missing this from 2.5.

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes as stated above

fkm

Was that patch for the drag to highlight issue? Doesn't appear to fix it in my case...

phred

• Global Moderator
Was that patch for the drag to highlight issue? Doesn't appear to fix it in my case...
No.  It was for the fixes that Steven stated were fixed or should be fixed.

- fixes as stated above
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

All issues seem to be fixed except the hotkey.
Now I deleted "View: Show Main Player" hotkey. Then in compact mode, caption bar menu shows no hotkey for that command. But in mini player mode, it shows for the command the hotkey for "View: Show mini player". So functionality-wise there's no issue, but there's inconsistency.

galactica12

Hey Steven, having just a slight problem with the latest version. (3.0.5871) On 2.5, the 'playing tracks' on the right sidebar allowed a drag to select feature. Trying this same feature on this version isn't allowing the same thing, unfortunately. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

3.0 is looking great so far, thanks for all your hard work!

Steven

• Administrator
Hey Steven, having just a slight problem with the latest version. (3.0.5871) On 2.5, the 'playing tracks' on the right sidebar allowed a drag to select feature. Trying this same feature on this version isn't allowing the same thing, unfortunately. Am I missing a setting somewhere?
do you mean "playback follows cursor" ?
otherwise i dont know what you mean

DJC👽D

is it possible to have a separate window (dockable) for lyrics ? Will be usefull.

hiccup

is it possible to have a separate window (dockable) for lyrics ? Will be usefull.

You could reserve the Left Main Panel or he Right Main Panel for that purpose.

DJC👽D

I prefer to have lyrics on another screen like TV. Its more readable.