Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1252607 times)

gpzbc

With 3.0.5865, when going between autoplaylists (Album and Tracks view) after autosizing it, the rows get squished (see attached pic).  I understand there's a feature request to allow autosize columns to be permanent, but isn't this taking it a bit too far? ;)  On a separate note, when attempting to resize the column, oftentimes the column slides the opposite direction of the mouse cursor.

I can confirm this.

syldub

Hi Steven,
On 3.0.5866, when "Now Playing" is selected on the left panel, I didn't find a way to display the Artist Biography in the below section of the main panel.
In addition, I don't understand why in this mode the panel configuration just shows the configuration of the right sidebar.

No artist biography in playing mode (and only right sidebar panel configuration available):

Artist biography in other modes:
Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:31:46 PM by syldub
I was a Winamp lover... until I discovered MusicBee! No other music player can beat it!

theta_wave

With 3.0.5865, when going between autoplaylists (Album and Tracks view) after autosizing it, the rows get squished (see attached pic).  I understand there's a feature request to allow autosize columns to be permanent, but isn't this taking it a bit too far? ;)  On a separate note, when attempting to resize the column, oftentimes the column slides the opposite direction of the mouse cursor.

I can confirm this.
It is fixed in 3.0.5866 (for me): http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

Please report back here if you still see it on your end after updating.

LDGEB

Bug report:

Compact Setting/Preferences retrieving Artist Image even if disable.

Reproduce:
1) Open Preferences
2) Layout (2)
3) Configure Panel (Compact Player)
4) Disable "retrieve web pictures" under Artist Picture
5) Ctrl+1 or go into compact mode
6) MusicBee will connect to the internet to retrieve artist picture (if you don't have it cache or in your artist picture folder).
Relative artworks location.

SoftwareSamurai

MB3 v3.0.5866:

On Win7, my taskbar is at the bottom of my screen, and set to auto-hide. When MB's main window is maximized and focused, it prevents the taskbar from being brought up by moving the mouse to the bottom of the screen where the taskbar is. I'm guessing there's something in MB that's trying to force it to be top-most window when focused?

Leodj

Hello, In this Beta 3 how could I customizate the size from the -Preference window- I get stuck on it cause the font and window are too big in this one for my PC.I cant see the buttons change, save or cancel. Thank You

Steven

• Administrator
Bug report:

Compact Setting/Preferences retrieving Artist Image even if disable.

Reproduce:
1) Open Preferences
2) Layout (2)
3) Configure Panel (Compact Player)
4) Disable "retrieve web pictures" under Artist Picture
5) Ctrl+1 or go into compact mode
6) MusicBee will connect to the internet to retrieve artist picture (if you don't have it cache or in your artist picture folder).
if you dont have any artwork for an artist then MB will retrieve one picture only when that setting is enabled

i noticed some incorrect layout handling for the vertical a-z bar. Thats fixed for the next update
Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:09:08 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
MB3 v3.0.5866:

On Win7, my taskbar is at the bottom of my screen, and set to auto-hide. When MB's main window is maximized and focused, it prevents the taskbar from being brought up by moving the mouse to the bottom of the screen where the taskbar is. I'm guessing there's something in MB that's trying to force it to be top-most window when focused?
i can confirm this bug but its not something MB is controlling - it must be something to do with the interaction between the .net library and windows. So it probably wont be fixed.
The only work-around is to apply all the following settings:
- untick Select Skin/Skin Window Borders
- in the panel layout, menu below caption bar and tabs below caption bar
Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:12:52 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
Hello, In this Beta 3 how could I customizate the size from the -Preference window- I get stuck on it cause the font and window are too big in this one for my PC.I cant see the buttons change, save or cancel. Thank You
what resolution is your screen set to (eg. 1024x768)

jaume

Performing a search in the Inbox after making a tag change used to sort the tracks in the order of the chosen 'Sort by'.

Now we need to right click and choose the 'Sort By' again in order to have them in the desired order.
Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:25:07 PM by jaume

Steven

• Administrator
I can't drag the title of the current song anymore. Is that intentional?
i have now added support for that in v3

Steven

• Administrator
I began testing the beta and I'm liking it. However i encountered a bug or a wrong setting of mine but can't understand which is it; it is the huge space shown on the image (red contour) between the album_artist view thumbnails and left sidebar. I changed skin, opened left bar and panel and also changed the thumb's size but the space it still there.
http://imgur.com/qa6QEq7
although i cant be sure, its probably fixed for the next update. If it still happens then i would need your v3 settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Steven

• Administrator
I realize that but my point is that when using "Copy Files to Folder", MB makes the selection automatically from the playlist and doesn't complain that I didn't select any files.  Seems "Copy Files to Organised Folder" would have the same behavior for consistency.  It's also very intuitive that if I don't select files, I want the entire playlist involved.
the next v3 update should handle right clicking on playlists in the left navigator better

Steven

• Administrator
the Panels Configuration panel has gotten more precision when dragging elements between panes.
When you drag an element to an 'allowed' area, it is looking quite clear and precise now.

But when you drag it over a 'not-allowed' area, the present lines there are still highlighted and flashing, which makes it all look a bit nervous.

Since the mouse cursor is already transformed into a 'stop' or 'forbidden' symbol, and the vertical DropAreaIndicator's absence at those locations should also be clear, this additional highlighting and flashing of the lines where you can not drop the element is a bit superfluous and makes a nervous impression.
i figured out how to stop the flashing which is done for the next v3 update along with a few minor tweaks to the panel arrangement dialog

Citfield

MusicBee v3.0.5864.37328 (Win10.0), 24 Jan 2016 18:08:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qgSrfjeKn07pmtB$z3pMMAVt$KoKIez29nDHvzPa3fPA=.#=qbQfW$jvp8WX_f5321LQ7yf7WxiugFVZQ7TsDwrqGLAI=(#=qjVEPaBiRvaRcfbwvwH9rHfAKfpnxxFZCuPFffOMilA8= #=qyJPSZiSjCBuVY$y0iKcG0Q==, Rectangle #=q4w_lxQQS5MchvJZUW$bC4w==, HorizontalAlignment #=q5sBCP2K3_DS9XHZO39mgCA==, Int32 #=qOtCbhKqoDpcQg2Wuj84rgw==, Rectangle& #=qTKQDnOonvimGp6QUe2BHzA==, Rectangle& #=qNpZV4RSCck_arPgxnY$MnQ==, Rectangle& #=qXU090FSE4kAJg7GslhmE0g==)
   at #=qDZ8UQ2wQ8BShiHk5ZsHhmbJjtvzL9RQeQo3wnPFv4x8=.#=qhlwU6tfN1rATK5GKkF2gWzo8LXkfvaDv3qnJrJYvUIE=(#=qjVEPaBiRvaRcfbwvwH9rHfAKfpnxxFZCuPFffOMilA8= #=qtxDl0XknaBsTFZuv6RpNLQ==, Boolean #=q2N7201iNVst5gVcQXregQQ==)
   at #=qDZ8UQ2wQ8BShiHk5ZsHhmbJjtvzL9RQeQo3wnPFv4x8=.#=qz5ZTNWDvGFtPXWHUH7IkDit_o32ffv6ntM1Gxey0kmY=(#=qm_tw5aVAh_6EZ2yLJbbfZYZ0p3oCJohqo4bxCJ0CxKY= #=qzl6241cMuGMY$6rVaD7R0w==, #=qjVEPaBiRvaRcfbwvwH9rHfAKfpnxxFZCuPFffOMilA8= #=q296y$a2ZbtOlwoxOgNdPgQ==, Boolean #=qHUQjtmhesCISkiEjIuu0TQfei3f$VyFpP2knD_ElX8s=)
   at #=q8ED80pYthm7yBy8gYQNGV8LtBMjefEmNygtFmTunnqsEPmIwv2QK1GPRY_fhZgnc.#=qew2f4aixZjFsMvJpxLtqqw==.#=qAEedviocQoa7nKjEa5iUr29WLzC3uTBhQXch4Y69chc=(#=qm_tw5aVAh_6EZ2yLJbbfZYZ0p3oCJohqo4bxCJ0CxKY= #=qrBFbKzJm$LTqPqU$fuKFLA==, MethodInvoker #=qEKlhdSdCxIucd6NptCr6oHCWfvcpdpfejl6XiDvGoe4=, #=q8SN8AmTvAqFo0tvobQzktsOBnfno2Wc1ua2JpAiJMn8jRevV0pN8yb3NMyhFlm$1 #=q2W1v41BREg098uiuJ69fPOT0K34pIbVMY8wzVE2mHNk=, Boolean #=q8jPI1veqm4CGShJFYIiVHw==)
   at #=qDZ8UQ2wQ8BShiHk5ZsHhmbJjtvzL9RQeQo3wnPFv4x8=.#=qM6m5e$YoBvVIcDHD49S4Mg==(#=qm_tw5aVAh_6EZ2yLJbbfZYZ0p3oCJohqo4bxCJ0CxKY= #=qDrEIcFKLO4LsnOttopnqKg==, Boolean #=qB2r6ref0zku5dvh6pf1UbA==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qwKhMi5ivZ$NCth5AXrTNrSzXDa6dilo_6rnkJuWw_Kc=.#=qM6m5e$YoBvVIcDHD49S4Mg==(#=qm_tw5aVAh_6EZ2yLJbbfZYZ0p3oCJohqo4bxCJ0CxKY= #=qdrgQMCZe2WDXTihwRHtIhg==, Boolean #=qD_GuXpGS3qy1$p4a45fCyg==)
   at #=qDZ8UQ2wQ8BShiHk5ZsHhmbJjtvzL9RQeQo3wnPFv4x8=.#=qvSIO_RXasWsLSOslKaQdG1M8yptVdXsS4BFJ$Q6W7Dw=(Boolean #=qRhNEw6upwBYi76OAMlP4Kg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qwKhMi5ivZ$NCth5AXrTNrSzXDa6dilo_6rnkJuWw_Kc=.#=qLxJQLmVhUYgd8p1eTmFUEg==()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qoHRsRh04NWgWX1H7ynU1xw==(#=qq3KcR2SC5l8g7IXaJtQWL2tLOwgUHZ9EEMP_anRcTgI= #=qYVDlOLxc0r_PKaUj3Mxc5_LLR_WcowSgnXodPQgk5HE=, Boolean #=qlcy7$OP1H7YRptEdiKeg6ho3_PkQwjS2VdxcfIMSkSQ=, #=qKn$LCd8meBmff6YNfWf3Lg== #=qcpqsadvOVPzy0EayAcc90Q==, #=qZW7cF5qbvh9CCD8vA11q9bo3I1DKLPEcuQbC5baY2hE= #=qom$t3ywPxMJfCBXainUJpqKjxWLwfs5XA1qdVatXVJA=, #=qTeO4EOrHNGVgxoXCNiAHxPqmtHCsp1aG7UvtSe4T5IM= #=qftACCBueIjMuwKqXgpjNPg==, #=qm_tw5aVAh_6EZ2yLJbbfZYZ0p3oCJohqo4bxCJ0CxKY=[] #=q0GfamFFS9sqhFe7OAealdzJ8yYdo84aJYQEm6NXoWaw=, Boolean #=qeQGTj3T0iZD2$DBSh0EBL4WBlhihprX$afA9l7AC90c=)
I got this error when playing in the "Now Playing" tab. I see the artist doesn't have a picture.