Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1252906 times)

Samanthaaaa

I've been using 3.0 and so far I'm absolutely loving it. Nice work Steven!

I've noticed that in Artwork/Album Covers view that the ability to group by album artist has disappeared. Will this be returned?

Thanks.

ankor

v3.0.5865
I right-click on a playlist (auto or normal) and choose Send To | Folder (Copy) | Copy Files to Folder. The files are copied into the picked folder but they are prefixed with a 2 digit number and dash (##-).  Is there a setting for excluding the prefix?  Couldn't find a setting in Preferences.

If I choose Copy Files to Organised Folder I get the message "No selected files" though the main panel list of tracks changes according to the selected playlist.  This should proceed without having to manually select files right?

In Preferences | Plugins, if I click Configure button for theater mode, I get the message "Display a customisable theater mode view".  Same as MB2.5.  Is this intended or to be addressed later?
Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 02:06:00 AM by ankor

phred

• Global Moderator
v3.0.5865
If I choose Copy Files to Organised Folder I get the message "No selected files" though the main panel list of tracks changes according to the selected playlist.  This should proceed without having to manually select files right?
Files need to be selected so MB knows what to copy.

In Preferences | Plugins, if I click Configure button for theater mode, I get the message "Display a customisable theater mode view".  Same as MB2.5.  Is this intended or to be addressed later?
Very few of the "Configure" buttons for plugins do anything. Most just provide a version number. The one notable exception is the Additional Tagging Tools plugin.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Alumni

I've been using 3.0 and so far I'm absolutely loving it. Nice work Steven!

I've noticed that in Artwork/Album Covers view that the ability to group by album artist has disappeared. Will this be returned?

Thanks.

You can still do that, from the current view drop down menu click on "artists" and then again for "group by...".

Mephisto

with 3.0.5866

when the "playing tracks" panel (right sidebar for me) is empty, it is not possible to drag and drop tracks.

also, the hotkey "General: Locate selected track in library" select the right track, but the view displayed is the first album of the artist, the selected track is out of the screen

here, i selected a song from the third album, but the view is focused on the first album.
i use "album and tracks" display, sorted by abum artist/year/album
 (and a good improvement could be to locate the playing track if no track is currently selected)

Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
when the "playing tracks" panel (right sidebar for me) is empty, it is not possible to drag and drop tracks.
its working fine for me, except for when using Album and Tracks layout which throws an error. Is that what you mean?

Mephisto

its working fine for me, except for when using Album and Tracks layout which throws an error. Is that what you mean?

actually, i don't even have an error, i just can't drop the tracks, there's the little symbol telling me i can't do that (looks like Ø)
and yes, i use the "album and tracks" layout in the sidebar

Steven

• Administrator
it should be fixed. Redownload the usual link

Mephisto

Both problems fixed, works like a charm.
Thanks a lot.

theta_wave

With 3.0.5865, when going between autoplaylists (Album and Tracks view) after autosizing it, the rows get squished (see attached pic).  I understand there's a feature request to allow autosize columns to be permanent, but isn't this taking it a bit too far? ;)  On a separate note, when attempting to resize the column, oftentimes the column slides the opposite direction of the mouse cursor.

Original (auto-sized columns)

Three cycles of the playlist later:
Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:46:20 PM by ssri

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce this. Firstly can you try using todays version. If it still happens, can you confirm what your screen DPI value is (96, 120, 150, etc)
and what do you mean by "3 cycles later"

theta_wave

i cant reproduce this. Firstly can you try using todays version. If it still happens, can you confirm what your screen DPI value is (96, 120, 150, etc)
and what do you mean by "3 cycles later"
My screen DPI is set to 120.  I guess "3 cycles later" was a poor phrase to use.  I meant that switching to different autoplaylists progressively shrinks the album art and number of tracks displayed (rows essentially get squished).  Here's a video demonstrating this issue on 3.0.5866: http://youtu.be/aUHnIUUsqrM

I have the following plugins installed:
xbox music
additional tagging tools
animelyrics
last.fm statistics
lyrics reloaded!
minilyrics for musicbee
minilyrics helper

and

Nullsoft Module Decoder (2.2.10 beta29 x86) (this input plugin's configuration window shows up but MB doesn't allow importing or drag and dropping tracker modules into it)
Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 07:48:39 PM by ssri

Steven

• Administrator
@ssri,
could you try this version for the nullsoft decoder
it also possibly addresses the issue of the shrinking artwork but i cant be sure your issue is the same as the one i found

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

ankor

v3.0.5865
Files need to be selected so MB knows what to copy.

I realize that but my point is that when using "Copy Files to Folder", MB makes the selection automatically from the playlist and doesn't complain that I didn't select any files.  Seems "Copy Files to Organised Folder" would have the same behavior for consistency.  It's also very intuitive that if I don't select files, I want the entire playlist involved.

Thanks for the heads up on Customize buttons.  Never paid much attention.

theta_wave

@ssri,
could you try this version for the nullsoft decoder
it also possibly addresses the issue of the shrinking artwork but i cant be sure your issue is the same as the one i found

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip
I can confirm, from my end, that the shrinking row bug [Youtube] has been fixed.  What did you find in your end? 

With respect to the Nullsoft Input plugin (the one used in mediamonkey also, just an FYI), the tracker modules start playing for just a second and no more, at least until I made the plugin throw up the error: BASS_ERROR_ALREADY   (apparently it means that the plugin is already loaded).  Here's a few mod's, s3m's, xm's and it's if you feel like testing, or you can leave the testing to users like myself :)