Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233784 times)

ankor

v3.0.5864
When MB is started, focus is on the sidebar player (in the right sidebar). If I press tab from there, it usually leads to left sidebar (navigator & Library Explorer) and Playing Tracks but not always consistent and seems to miss the Column Browser and Tracks panel.  If I Shift-tab, it usually finds the Column Browser but rarely does it get into the Files (Tracks) portion of the Main panel.  One time, after loading MB and focus starts on the sidebar player, pressing tab and Shift-tab never moved focus to anything else (just stayed on the sidebar player).

I usually want to get into the Tracks panel of the main panel on startup.  Is there a way to set the control/panel that receives initial focus when MB starts?

Steven

• Administrator
got an error, no idea how to reproduce though. was listening shoutcast radio in one tab and had visualiser opened in another tab. and then suddenly got this:

also few bugs i have found:

clicking on the blue area brings this dropdown which should not be the case,

but clicking on the radio text brings the correct dropdown:
those should all be fixed for the next v3 update

Steven

• Administrator
I'm experiencing some weird behavior when it comes to album art. I drop a folder.jpg with the music files but sometimes the startup scan doesn't pick them up.
the Send To -> File Rescan never picks up the album art.
When the startup scan does work, I sometimes end up with album art not being displayed everywhere, like in the screenshot below.
A few additional comments. In the instance of this happening captured, above, refreshing (F5) didn't help. Also, removing the album from the playlist and adding it again didn't help either. I think this worked better in v2.5.
i think this is a "timing" bug (I am assuming this bug happens only some of the time when new files are added) and although i cant be completely sure until its used for a while i think it should be fixed. The file rescan is a "too clever" optimisation that meant the artwork cache was not refreshed. Both changes are in the next v3 update

Arathon

I began testing the beta and I'm liking it. However i encountered a bug or a wrong setting of mine but can't understand which is it; it is the huge space shown on the image (red contour) between the album_artist view thumbnails and left sidebar. I changed skin, opened left bar and panel and also changed the thumb's size but the space it still there.
http://imgur.com/qa6QEq7

Hope someone can point me into the right direction and good job @steven.

EDIT: can you make "Music explorer" use "album artist" tag instead of "artist". BTW I like this new option make it really easy to create playlist and discover some hidden gems in our collections, especially when you have about 50k tracks.

EDIT2: I just found the reason why it was displayed like that. In "views configuration" there is the option "fit artwork to the size of the panel" where is or what is this panel?
Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:56:41 PM by Arathon

Steven

• Administrator
There's a typo on the Equiliser & DSP button under Player Preferences:
thats fixed for the next update

rurutia10

Sometimes when I click a song, the player freezes and won't react. (and it won't crash either). The only thing I can do is kill the process in task manager and start musicbee again. No error log either.

I've been using it for a month now, and has happened 3 times to me.

Steven

• Administrator
I began testing the beta and I'm liking it. However i encountered a bug or a wrong setting of mine but can't understand which is it; it is the huge space shown on the image (red contour) between the album_artist view thumbnails and left sidebar. I changed skin, opened left bar and panel and also changed the thumb's size but the space it still there.
can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Steven

• Administrator
1. Visual glitch when pressing "refresh";

2. Starting with version 3.0.5862 Now playing bar to be reset when changing the rating;
1 is fixed for the next update
2 is was an intentional change but i think i will change the behavior for the theater mode

Steven

• Administrator
I'm having a issue with artwork size in Album and Tracks view.
On 2.5 I could resize the artwork by changing the width of the Artwork column header. You can still do so in 3.0 but, the minimum size for the artwork is much larger than in 2.5.

Am I missing something or this resizing limit is part of the GUI redesign?
for the next v3 update i have reduced the minimum size down to something similar

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes as stated above

Steven

• Administrator
Sometimes when I click a song, the player freezes and won't react. (and it won't crash either). The only thing I can do is kill the process in task manager and start musicbee again. No error log either.

I've been using it for a month now, and has happened 3 times to me.
could you send me your settings file (help/support/view settings)
which panel view were you using (track details, album and tracks, album artwork or artists) and do you literally mean you just single click on a track or do you mean double click to initiate playback?

Joolee

I can't drag the title of the current song anymore. Is that intentional?

I used to drag playing song to playlists from there.

MeeMeeMee

Something's gone terribly wrong with this latest update (3.0.5865): Searches come up empty or with albums grouped under the wrong album artist. Some examples.
You can see in the screenshots below that I group by album artist and search is setup to search all library and all fields.

• Searching for deer brings up an empty list of deerhunter albums, instead of showing the 3 albums I have:

• Searching for pink lists under Frank Ocean 3 albums, one is "The Shins'" album Chutes too Narrow and two Pink Floyd albums.

• ...and under Pink Floyd it only shows 2 of the 15 albums I have, one Various Artists" album and "The Shins" album again.

Thank got for backups, I'm rolling this update back.
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

Steven

• Administrator
Something's gone terribly wrong with this latest update (3.0.5865): Searches come up empty or with albums grouped under the wrong album artist. Some examples.
You can see in the screenshots below that I group by album artist and search is setup to search all library and all fields.
i would say the change thats probably causing this was in yesterdays release as well. This should probably fix your issue:

MeeMeeMee

i would say the change thats probably causing this was in yesterdays release as well. This should probably fix your issue:

Thank god, sanity restored. I found a minor issue while I was at it: Albums are sorted in the reverse order in the Artists view:
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/