Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233063 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
What are the situations when a picture can't be banned? Occasionally pictures come up that have no relevance to the person I'm listening to and can ban them, other times situations like this happen and the picture can't be banned.

the picture has been saved by MB as the default artist image.
easiest to do is find another correct picture and 'Save Artist Picture' to over-write
you can then ban the incorrect picture when it shows again
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
- I have the Artwork panel (album cover) on the left sidebar and with some tracks/albums, manually switching to the second/third/etc. image doesn't work, it stays on the primary artwork. It's not switching automatically either after 30 or 40 seconds.
When the switching works, when I right click on the Artwork panel I see that the small dot stays next to "Image 1:..." despite the artwork being displayed is another artwork.

- Resizing the Artist pictures is not possible? I have it on the right sidebar. Right clicking on it doesn't work too, in order to ban or switch to the next picture.
the first sounds lik3 something i fixed the other day so are you using the latest version?
the standalone artist picture cannot be resized

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've been having trouble with playlists on my phone, and finally got around to looking into it.  Turns out the playlists have absolute paths rather than relative, which means they break when synced from the virtual device on my harddrive to my phone.  I'm pretty sure this wasn't happening in 2.5.

I have "preserve folders and filenames" turned on in settings, and the playlist prefix is set to "\"
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
I've been having trouble with playlists on my phone, and finally got around to looking into it.  Turns out the playlists have absolute paths rather than relative, which means they break when synced from the virtual device on my harddrive to my phone.  I'm pretty sure this wasn't happening in 2.5.

I have "preserve folders and filenames" turned on in settings, and the playlist prefix is set to "\"
you have the synch configured as .m3u?
I dont think synch has ever written m3u playlists with relative paths but in any case is the absolute path the correct path for the music file or if not, can you provide an example of what is written and where the music file really is (it should have no drive letter, and just start with "\"

Steven

• Administrator
This is probably more of an oversight than a bug, but I feel that dragging and dropping items to an auto-playlist should be disallowed - sometimes it can happen accidentally. If a user does this it presents a few annoying issues, for instance an album can't be removed when in artwork mode, and items that are removed manually can never be added again automatically.
it is intentionally supported. I will check the deletion logic though because it sounds like its not doing that correctly

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
you have the synch configured as .m3u?
I dont think synch has ever written m3u playlists with relative paths but in any case is the absolute path the correct path for the music file or if not, can you provide an example of what is written and where the music file really is (it should have no drive letter, and just start with "\"

Yes, M3U.

The playlists are being created with the full file path of the synced files: "C:\Users\scamp\Phone Sync\Music\..."

They have always worked fine in the past, and the only change I have made on the phone recently has been to sync to a different base folder (Music instead of MusicBee, same directory structure otherwise).  When I manually edited all the playlists to "..\Music\etc", they immediately worked.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Adson

The following error occured when I tried to rate a song.
I understand that MB3 "thinks" that the drive where the song is stored is not available.
But that is not the case. The drive runs and the song is played without problems.
Maybe the error message helps to find out what happened.

-----------------------------------

MusicBee v3.0.5855.35480 (Win10.0), 14 Jan 2016 9:12:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht. ---> System.IO.IOException: Das Gerät ist nicht bereit.

bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   bei System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   bei System.IO.FileStream.FlushInternalBuffer()
   bei System.IO.FileStream.Flush(Boolean flushToDisk)
   bei System.IO.FileStream.Flush()
   bei System.IO.StreamWriter.Flush(Boolean flushStream, Boolean flushEncoder)
   bei System.IO.StreamWriter.Flush()
   bei CubeIsland.LyricsReloaded.Logger.write(String type, String message, Object[] args)
   bei MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.ReceiveNotification(String source, NotificationType type)
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   bei System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   bei System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   bei MusicBee.Plugin.#=qZndinsn11tEIqOwLGU3O9Q==(#=qMR21V2C_3zT6JfiH3wOSQLKYsAhaGv1iMl0dFnXhjVk= #=qPY55g4obYS3GEiLZxJM9wg==, String #=qu3cvxmF9iBGrQkcT13gRtQ==, Boolean #=qlgIHV52bpbVMpIuvSX2V3g==)
   bei MusicBee.PluginManager.#=qAdoONGJCevjgb8WW60pDXw==(#=qBMMDftnxnCgGEWv4aM41x07w0fxcSjv5m9ub4XqhcNE= #=qVfw4eWaYKmWqT58J9DdKKQ==, #=qMR21V2C_3zT6JfiH3wOSQLKYsAhaGv1iMl0dFnXhjVk= #=qB$KoPVG9yFahm4XBWYRqqQ==, Boolean #=q4208lItN8qFWpBJ0AypGxg==)
   bei #=qfNAiRQeM$PThLVUL9prDVSnQD7gddG4igNEAw9hcLqs=.#=qg$P3aGGr5DNOinutI7lCqfsnje_vSEfSswWyAZoygLQ=.#=q05vnltTpv$JtdmmRXJaOcw==(IList`1 #=q9L2CjMczOn5rNSXcR_9BQA==, Boolean #=qdkQHXH6ZX6eE5d4gDkPTfA==)
   bei #=qfNAiRQeM$PThLVUL9prDVSnQD7gddG4igNEAw9hcLqs=.#=qPAWthGL8isOYSNs4yYK8LQ==(#=qDKIexBaI6_UEUC3$OpFoVYOZ2Zyk2l$sNPtwRDMyEgI0Ibai_LrVMbxVgzKnbmJw #=qw4$XshakmxVndZ8ltxyIvQ==, Boolean #=qVwrorTy_1bS7zpjowqtAXA==)
   bei MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qtaEeSqHIIGoo6UK3F39wEUMDVPpB1IE1iWoDHwZ3ORw=.#=qXg_1euaMAsf$KVupChs36bC6z819ImRbzSJUiAi7jfk=.#=qqsP2Ucs7OuOgnrE7GDDSAKxogXHyB_LPaPN57zT8$TU=(MouseEventArgs #=qbxrqksjzesbE6_zaspCZ6Q==)
   bei #=qS2LmK0MSQB0KGqllUf_6qYi4rvC9NbMqxIDv0xzC1eE=.#=qjXmqjuHqqjvdWDuXb3AFhw==.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs #=q8Fs7_eMvBmpHqkt77qgvEA==)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei #=qS74gyKHlbSHfiyFXBJR0IQhV_B0GEFT$u7FtKz6Al64=.WndProc(Message& #=qwZo4ObrurlEYyMnkaJ2J8A==)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

----------------------------------------

MeeMeeMee

I have setup MB to perform a library scan on startup. When MB performs that scan it doesn't display any information or progress on the status bar.
Performing a manual scan does. Is that on purpose?
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

MeeMeeMee

In the mini player, things are beginning to fade (see image below, haha) when you horizontally resize the windows too aggressively. There seems to be plenty of space to do things smarter. Just switch to the mini player and drag the window's right edge back and forth and you'll see what I mean.

Edit: Should've added that that's theater mode, Cine view.
Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:02:29 AM by MeeMeeMee
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alumni

I have setup MB to perform a library scan on startup. When MB performs that scan it doesn't display any information or progress on the status bar.

It should say if any files have been added/changed/removed.

MeeMeeMee

It should say if any files have been added/changed/removed.
I don't think I ever saw the added/changed information displayed. I did see a pop-up panel asking if missing tracks should be removed from the library.

MeeMeeMee

Again, in the mini player, this in the the artist picture layout, it seems like the album cover size, displayed on the left, controls the vertical space allocated to the information displayed on the right. Not only that, but it seems that hiding the album cover altogether results in the information on the right gets the vertical space as if the large cover art size was picked (=smallest vertical space).

It's a matter of opinion/aesthetics, really, but imho MB should use the entire vertical height regardless or the album cover size.
Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:53:07 AM by MeeMeeMee

MeeMeeMee

Last one about the mini player (promise): right click->Save Artist Picture stops working after you right click->Next Picture. It pops up an Error dialog reading: Failed to save the artist picture.

Edit: This was fixed in 3.0.5857. Thank you, Steven
Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 01:05:16 PM by MeeMeeMee

tomiork

I have a problem to delete from my library an audio track streamed by Soundcloud. When I press delete file remain there...
Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:37:20 PM by tomiork

Pingaware

I've observed something similar to MeeMeeMee - my auto-report that runs on startup doesn't show any text in the status bar, although I know it's running because when I hit the X, it stops and tells me where it stopped. Status bar works fine the rest of the time.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.