Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1232969 times)

Adson

I have the following problem running MB3 (latest Patch, portable Installation):

The program starts without problems (and much faster than MB 2.5).

Everything works fine until I try to open one of the menus beneath the title bar.
Then an empty menu without any entries appears and the program crashes.

Any ideas what can be the reason for this behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

Steven

• Administrator
Everything works fine until I try to open one of the menus beneath the title bar.
Then an empty menu without any entries appears and the program crashes.

Any ideas what can be the reason for this behaviour?
PM me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
also can you be specific which menu you are clicking (a screesnhot might help)

jaume

Also, when on a different tab, if I add music that is added to the Inbox, when clicking on the inbox the contents are not being shown unless I click on another item like the history and go back to Inbox.
what steps did you take to add the content to the Inbox

I have the Continuously monitor option ticked in Library Preferences. I just add the files to a folder that is being monitored and that adds them directly to the Inbox.

Steven

• Administrator
I have the Continuously monitor option ticked in Library Preferences. I just add the files to a folder that is being monitored and that adds them directly to the Inbox.
yes for that specific function the inbox panel only would not get refreshed. Its fixed for the next update.
If you find it happening in other circumstances then please let me know the steps so i can reproduce

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes for the issues reported above

Blackened

Thank you for adding the oversight.

I have a question though, could we get a bigger tab to view the different library or devices? I'm sure a lot of us have less than 3 tabs to navigate in Musicbee.

hiccup

When dragging a field to the left of this pane, it currently highlights the new location like this:

I feel it would be better if it was more like this:

And,

Currently the fields 'Panel settings' are displayed graphically identical to chosen drop-down settings.
I feel it would be better and slightly more logical if they were displayed a bit differently.
Maybe a bit like this:

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- a few more bugs fixed

i dont think there are any substantial issues i am aware of, so if there is some bug that you havent reported yet on the assumption it would get fixed then please report it now
Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:41:27 PM by Steven

jaume

With these last builds, it seems that the artwork takes a long time to load when switching to a Music Tab.

The artwork column cannot be made smaller than a certain size by dragging the divider.

Steven

• Administrator
With these last builds, it seems that the artwork takes a long time to load when switching to a Music Tab.
You are refering to the artwork layout and not the album and tracks layout i assume. Do you have artists or albums on display?
And what exactly do you mean "the artwork takes a long time to load"?
it will probably be quickest if you send me your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:03:35 AM by Steven

SoftwareSamurai

i dont think there are any substantial issues i am aware of, so if there is some bug that you havent reported yet on the assumption it would get fixed then please report it now

Does that include only GUI issues, or may I  bring up the radio station import/export problems here? :)
(re: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17217.0)

Mr. Trev

I don't know if its a skin (I'm using Bleached Bone) issue, or even considered substantial, but in the Now Playing tab if I click "search next provider" for lyrics, nothing happens (it does work from my main "music" tab

EffenBlue

What are the situations when a picture can't be banned? Occasionally pictures come up that have no relevance to the person I'm listening to and can ban them, other times situations like this happen and the picture can't be banned.

I'm pretty sure those two aren't in a 70's funk band called Slave. :)

circum

Hello, new here. Thanks for your hard work Steven, MB is such a great software.

I've been using MB3 for a few days and noticed some things I couldn't get to work:

- I have the Artwork panel (album cover) on the left sidebar and with some tracks/albums, manually switching to the second/third/etc. image doesn't work, it stays on the primary artwork. It's not switching automatically either after 30 or 40 seconds.
When the switching works, when I right click on the Artwork panel I see that the small dot stays next to "Image 1:..." despite the artwork being displayed is another artwork.

- Resizing the Artist pictures is not possible? I have it on the right sidebar. Right clicking on it doesn't work too, in order to ban or switch to the next picture.

Alumni

if there is some bug that you havent reported yet on the assumption it would get fixed then please report it now

This is probably more of an oversight than a bug, but I feel that dragging and dropping items to an auto-playlist should be disallowed - sometimes it can happen accidentally. If a user does this it presents a few annoying issues, for instance an album can't be removed when in artwork mode, and items that are removed manually can never be added again automatically.