Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248475 times)

Steven

• Administrator
for your two plugins, let me know if something has changed in one of the API calls (the specific API call and the speciific error) but that really shouldnt be the case as compared to v2.5

- Musicbee remote (can't connect from android, could be non-MB related, but why suddenly after 3? Musicbee2 & 3 are allowed through firewall, port is forwarded, hm...)
i suggest you report the actual error on the Android remote plugin topic. I would think its improbable that just because you used v3 it suddenly causes issues with v2.5 unless perhaps some sort of settings file got corrupted.
Perhaps another android remote user could confirm they are using it and MB3 ?

de.cayed

for your two plugins, let me know if something has changed in one of the API calls (the specific API call and the speciific error) but that really shouldnt be the case as compared to v2.5

- Musicbee remote (can't connect from android, could be non-MB related, but why suddenly after 3? Musicbee2 & 3 are allowed through firewall, port is forwarded, hm...)
i suggest you report the actual error on the Android remote plugin topic. I would think its improbable that just because you used v3 it suddenly causes issues with v2.5 unless perhaps some sort of settings file got corrupted.
I've been using MB Remote and v3 since v3 came out. No problems for me.

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- the now playing bar can now optionally show the artist picture
- support for setting the organisation rules for podcasts and a button to re-organise your existing podcasts. Its located in the podcasts section of the Library preferences
- WARNING: if you use MB v2.5 at any point, you will lose this setting. It wont do any harm but you will potentially end up with podcasts split between 2 locations and need to re-apply the setting/ re-organise again.

- unless some substantial issues crop up in the next day or so i will start the beta series

phred

• Global Moderator
- unless some substantial issues crop up in the next day or so i will start the beta series
That's great news, Steven.
How will MB3 work for brand new (no 2.x) users?  Are you going to create installer and portable versions a la 2.x?
And if so, can we old-timers install/unzip into a new directory and just copy over the MB3 settings file plus skins and plugins?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

ankor

Sweet Music!!!!!!

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for the persistent windows per my recent request.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Venthe

I think I've found another one. Disappearing navigator from the left pane after switching to radio; No apparent way to restore it
http://imgur.com/a/GPa2g

e-motiv

Haven't touch them for months.
Hmmmm.. Maybe it's a Microsoft library update problem..Pitty I don't have time to dig much further now, but thanks for confirming. That's already a lot for taking my directions.

I'll search for it and do that.
de.cayed , thanks for that info. Excludes MB itself, most probably.

EDIT/UPDATE: MB Remote works again.  From the top of my head I would say there was a wifi signal interfering with mine recently.I changed the wifi channel and it helped. Although wifi did connect before, I'm guessing communiscation was unstable  Sorry to crowd this topic, but thx.
Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 01:55:35 PM by R U Bn ?
  Developing @ e-motiv.net       --       Musicbee plugins: Speak Back - Ghost Tracks - Radio Dig

Steven

• Administrator
I think I've found another one. Disappearing navigator from the left pane after switching to radio; No apparent way to restore it
can you send me a link to your settings (help/ support/ view settings)

StefanIvanovic

It is nice to have the option to add artist picture to now playing bar, but I still prefer the 2.5 layout of that UI part as can be seen on screenshot, especially because now in v3 album picture is very small in comparison to artist picture in (http://imgur.com/GAjofcb)

The other strange thing is that Mini player is not showing now when Minimize to Mini player is selected. I have to right click on taskbar button and select Switch to main player (http://imgur.com/QXbOi6k). Compact player does work when I configure MB to minimize to Compact player. Anyway, on this screenshot it looks exactly the same as when Minimize to taskbar is set, but it is set to Minimize to Mini player, I double checked it.

And yes, when minimized, taskbar button still has no label on it, neither shows MusicBee nor Artist/track tittle as I reported earlier (http://imgur.com/rQbqhtA)

P.S. It would be much, much easier to follow thread this long with all imgur and other links in replies if those links in replies are in different color than the rest of the text, or at least underlined or something. Just a suggestion to consider.

Blackened

I was wondering, did you guys changed The tab name into something simple? I kinda like the old 2.5 where you could see the path file on the tab where you can easily navigate from MTP library to your PC library.

Steven

• Administrator
its because you have the navigator in the left main panel and the radio tab intentionally covers that panel. I will make a change so it accomodates your setup, but in the interim just click the back button

Steven

• Administrator
I was wondering, did you guys changed The tab name into something simple? I kinda like the old 2.5 where you could see the path file on the tab where you can easily navigate from MTP library to your PC library.
thats an oversight. I will make a change to improve that

Blackened

thats an oversight. I will make a change to improve that

Good to hear that, :D We will wait for the next patch. :D

Steven

• Administrator
The other strange thing is that Mini player is not showing now when Minimize to Mini player is selected. I have to right click on taskbar button and select Switch to main player (http://imgur.com/QXbOi6k). Compact player does work when I configure MB to minimize to Compact player. Anyway, on this screenshot it looks exactly the same as when Minimize to taskbar is set, but it is set to Minimize to Mini player, I double checked it.

And yes, when minimized, taskbar button still has no label on it, neither shows MusicBee nor Artist/track tittle as I reported earlier (http://imgur.com/rQbqhtA)
for the next update i have made a change so the task bar text will display. However i cant reproduce any issues with minimising to the mini-player or compact player so could you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)