Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248519 times)

Steven

• Administrator
Edit > Show in Main Panel cuts of Right Panel and shows a weird big white space in the middle with a big gray bar in it.
i cant reproduce this. Can you send me your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Steven

• Administrator
How is something like that even possible? A track of another band and an album with another title appears in the track list of the wrong album.

When I deleted the file, it showed up another unfamiliar file, and so on. The only way to solve this problem is deleting the original album files.
if it still happens after rescanning, then could you PM me a link to the file?

9ido

i cant reproduce this. Can you send me your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
Steven, I only just now realize what that gray bar in the white space was, it's the Wavebar as it displays during a stream. I think it would look better at home next to the player controls, where it normally resides.

ankor

v3.0.5841  Library Explorer is displayed in left sidebar. I can right-click on something in the Artist list and select Queue Next. But the item added to Playing Tracks is the currently selected item in the Main Panel, not based on the item in Library Explorer.  Is this intended behavior?

v3.0.5845  Using Library Explorer, if I select an artist or drill in to a single song and then right-click and pick Queue Next, everything in the Main Panel is queued into the Playing Tracks list.  My behavior expectation for adding to the queue is to get everything for the artist if I right-click the artist. If I right-click an album, just the songs on the album are queued.  And if I right-click a single track, just the one track is queued.  The same would apply for the other options in the context menu.  Depending on the intended purpose of the Library Explorer, perhaps the context menu should be removed and the list left for just browsing.
Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:31:14 PM by ankor

9ido

Just now MusicBee completely froze on me. There is no '.. is not responding' message which is odd. It happened after a song stopped and I double clicked another one to play, nothing happened at all.

It was like that for 5 minutes or more. Then I selected Close Window from the taskbar, still no response after several minutes. The taskmanager tells me MB is using around 0,1 % CPU. I killed the task from there, that worked immediately.

Then, upon restart I got an error. The file cache is corrupted and could not be loaded. The last backup has been recovered, et cetera.

Do you need the error log?

Steven

• Administrator
fixes for the bugs stated as fixed above

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

Beesmyer

fixes for the bugs stated as fixed above

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

Works. Thank you.

Beesmyer

I don't know if it's expected to work in this beta version or not but...

Manage duplicates doesn't work
advanced tagging plugin doesn't work

Also, on one of my views I have many columns and use the scroll bar to be able to see them all (not fit all to panel) occasionally the scroll bar disapears so I can't view all the columns. I have to "set displayed fields" and add change it or select "keep columns sized to panel" for the scrol bar to re-appear.
Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 10:42:17 PM by Beesmyer

Mr. Trev

One issue I've been having is tagging artwork using auto-tag

In 2.5 when I right click on the artwork tag, and search internet a new window pops up with a selection of artwork to choose and how to add it. In 3.0 there's no choice, it just picks one. Further, it doesn't save the artwork either.
Everything seems to work fine if I use the manual edit.

I'm not sure if this is an actually bug, or just something that hasn't been worked on yet.

phred

• Global Moderator
Could the opening location of the Custom Search window be persistent?  Every time it's opened it appears towards the upper left of the MB window despite where it is when I close it.  Thanks.
Thanks Steven - this is much better now.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Beesmyer

MB crashes every time I
....try to open the tag editor on videos.
...try to add "video kind" as a column display field to the panel.
...Use my toolbar shortcut to jump to the tag inspector for a video.

.>All my videos are mp4. I will message you error codes.

rurutia10

MB crashes every time I
....try to open the tag editor on videos.
...try to add "video kind" as a column display field to the panel.
...Use my toolbar shortcut to jump to the tag inspector for a video.

.>All my videos are mp4. I will message you error codes.

I got the same problem

rurutia10

Also, any chance Steven could make the lyrics scrolling bar faster? If you don't have it synced, it moves really slow with the mouse scroll wheel. (also, with a floating window)
Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 05:47:10 AM by rurutia10

Steven

• Administrator
Manage duplicates doesn't work
advanced tagging plugin doesn't work
you will need to be specific about the issue so I can reproduce. The advanced tagging plugin is used by quite a few people and has been confirmed as working in v3 by the developer so what ever issue you are having is not general. For the duplicates problem, i have tested this function and it should work. Maybe a screenshot of the tags for each file or PM me a link to both files so i can check myself

for the scrollbar issue, if you take a screenshot when it happens then that would help
Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 08:19:23 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
In 2.5 when I right click on the artwork tag, and search internet a new window pops up with a selection of artwork to choose and how to add it. In 3.0 there's no choice, it just picks one. Further, it doesn't save the artwork either.
Everything seems to work fine if I use the manual edit.
working fine for me. Check in the first preferences tab "confirm picture storage options when adding artwork" is ticked