Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1253379 times)

hiccup

Also, how do I change the layout to Artwork/Album and tracks/Track detail? Previously, clicking on the "configure layout button" showed a menu where you could change it but that's gone now.

It was moved to under this button:

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
"you can perform a global search via the search box" is there a keybind for it? Alt f is binded to "view: show now playing tracks finder"

under Preferences> Hotkeys, you will find 'General: Goto Text Search Box" that you can assign to a key combo

Also, how do I change the layout to Artwork/Album and tracks/Track detail? Previously, clicking on the "configure layout button" showed a menu where you could change it but that's gone now.

In the new header bar you will see Album and Tracks, Tracks or Albums (depending on what view you are using) with a little down arrow "v"
click on the arrow and you find all those view settings there

EDIT: or hiccup's picture says it all :)
Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:48:36 AM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

hiccup

When you click the scrollbar arrow, and the scroll the panel down, these entries stay in sight at a fixed location.
It even remains on screen when MB is minimized.

Steven

• Administrator
Also: When changing from Artist X to All Artists and back in the Album Artist panel, the order won't update. I have to refresh or change the node to achieve an updated order.
MB intentionally does not immediately re-sort the main panel when tag values are changed. This is so files dont jump around. You can press the F5 refresh button to re-apply the sorting

Don't know if I'm the only one but I still find it pretty hard to rate tracks, because I misclick most of the time. It's like I have to be accurate to the millimetre to hit the px that will change the rating. It's definitely a different feeling compared to 2.5.
Each star is the same size as previous versions. Are you saying its inaccurate. I have tested this extensively and it should be accurate to the pixel. If you are claiming its inaccurate then can you confirm where you are clicking ratings in the expanded artwork panel

hiccup

When the Column browser is present, it will create a large distance between the 'main panel selector' and the main panel.
I believe it would be better and more logical to have that button placed always directly above the main panel.

hiccup

There are references to Xbox Music, but nowadays it's called Groove Music.
(Radio tabs, footer/link in Recommendations panel, icon in Music Explorer)

hiccup

'Find' would be more appropriate here than 'Search':

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P

Technically the app is Groove Music and the streaming service is just Groove.
Xbox Music is still Xbox Music on the Xbox.
Yes, it will all eventually be under the Groove banner, but even Microsoft hasn't set a firm date on when that will happen.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
Yes, it will all eventually be under the Groove banner, but even Microsoft hasn't set a firm date on when that will happen.
the signed agreement was for Xbox Music branding and i haven't heard anything from Microsoft saying the branding should be changed

hiccup

Then they are probably still transitioning.
But even if you go to xbox.com, the first sing they tell you is that it's now called Groove.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/music

It's not important to me, but just thought to mention it now v3 is under heavy construction anyway.
And waiting for Microsoft to inform and respond.....  Remember MusicBee on the Microsoft app store earlier this year? Grrr

ankor

v3.0.5841  Library Explorer is displayed in left sidebar. I can right-click on something in the Artist list and select Queue Next. But the item added to Playing Tracks is the currently selected item in the Main Panel, not based on the item in Library Explorer.  Is this intended behavior?

Alumni

@Steven
I'm having trouble after updating to the latest patch. MusicBee v3 doesn't open on my Windows 10 laptop. The process is visible in task manager, but isn't showing up on the desktop (ie. launching the executable and nothing happens). The other day I upgraded Windows 10 to "Threshold 2", whether or not that's related to the error I don't know.

This is the most recent error message from the log file:

1/1/2016 6:00:16 PM - 10.0.10586.0 - 3.0.5842.17797 - System.InvalidOperationException: Value Dispose() cannot be called while doing CreateHandle().
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at #=qGOQJqWbtwGLRdGoE_V2NY_DiHqJejXVZlc8q2nXLqZE=.Dispose(Boolean #=qpfpxQxVsRekNfXgAcFAWFQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.Dispose(Boolean #=q2zfl3A3ls5lMjtGPB$tYXQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qGOQJqWbtwGLRdGoE_V2NY_DiHqJejXVZlc8q2nXLqZE=.WndProc(Message& #=qFi1$XiA1IOr_DkpKioQv5A==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.WndProc(Message& #=qAn7Npw41JBgqy1P6OXhMig==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 08:52:09 AM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
@Steven
I'm having trouble after updating to the latest patch. MusicBee v3 doesn't open on my Windows 10 laptop. The process is visible in task manager, but isn't showing up on the desktop (ie. launching the executable and nothing happens). The other day I upgraded Windows 10 to "Threshold 2", whether or not that's related to the error I don't know.
can you send me the settings file

Steven

• Administrator
thanks - i can reproduce this using your settings file