Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248592 times)

ankor

A wish for v3:
Allow displaying the 'stop' button in compact- and mini player.
I know some users seem to have some strange 'hate' for a stop button, but it is intrinsically a different function than pause.
But all you currently need to do is hold the 'shift' key down and the play/pause button displays as the stop button.

Thnx, I didn't know that.

Well if some of this is about attracting new MB users, everyone expects to see Play, Pause, Stop.  Play/Pause can certainly share the same button.  But pressing Shift isn't intuitive for new or experienced users. That isn't at all conventional.  Something so fundamentally basic, I would also favor what is expected by virtually all users and would be seen as an error of omission to new users...IMHO.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't think iTunes displays a stop button, so I'm not sure it's expected by all users.  How often does someone use stop instead of pause?  The only time I do is if I need to unlock a file to save changes.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Alumni

I don't think iTunes displays a stop button, so I'm not sure it's expected by all users.  How often does someone use stop instead of pause?  The only time I do is if I need to unlock a file to save changes.

Stop is needed if you're running exclusive mode (WASAPI or ASIO) in order to "release" audio playback for another application to use.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Stop is needed if you're running exclusive mode (WASAPI or ASIO) in order to "release" audio playback for another application to use.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Alumni

I just received this error message when trying to delete some files from the library.
Before the error came up I was editing the tags of these tracks outside MusicBee.
The status bar also reads: "Unable to access: C:\Users\...\AppData\...\MusicBee\Filters\Classical.xautopf"
My current tab (with the classical filter) became completely unusable, I had to close the tab and re-create it.

~~~

MusicBee v3.0.5763.39538 (Win10.0), 14 Oct 2015 3:28:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qO$1u99GywIHa4uf9U1VJg27xq0ifkcWL7nQqD8u51zg=.#=qv3fmwky2BjjY0gHI51nUr6cIDU$GV1KG3mu$_Ti7lIs=.#=q98rTNT8PHzk5560mrmu7Ew==(Int32 #=qdBWTb562IizwooBPRowftA==, Boolean #=qUffzfbgKF8SJMrflwfxgyg==, #=qXNiSDxPUA039gG_mPGkI9g== #=qJownh4zG0rlUUFgGQZpdnA==, Boolean #=qgjB$pAevAmpWKndh6YGGo_oB48DtqNF0FLdTIMLC8zk=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qO$1u99GywIHa4uf9U1VJg27xq0ifkcWL7nQqD8u51zg=.#=qv3fmwky2BjjY0gHI51nUr6cIDU$GV1KG3mu$_Ti7lIs=.#=q3zvowXdRk9aSD_vmwViCF8_yXmCIsTWW9gRxRGU7SfY=(Point #=quY9Dsbl4xouqRv9VZ9cnGg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qO$1u99GywIHa4uf9U1VJg27xq0ifkcWL7nQqD8u51zg=.#=qv3fmwky2BjjY0gHI51nUr6cIDU$GV1KG3mu$_Ti7lIs=.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs #=qNaMj6tyRj1T1TYRKv2SjDw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qEjR9vmv1gii3ZOW917TtNSHqVLZj9nhnwcF9r1JAsPo=.WndProc(Message& #=qCSYp$cXXo$ijlw3jRFJvhw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Justin34

Trying to open musicbee 3.0 and I immediately get the error below, completely deleted musicbee and reinstalled and placed the 3.0 files still getting the error

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5762.16450 (Win10.0), 14 Oct 2015 2:46:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qOZ5I_6Ni$2x5rGP1n2f$Sx9K$fUw85HB0ld9fVQWi3o=.#=qq$9JOc7XtGtdlhpUYtNDYg==.#=qVHdX1nMu$hxoEAeF6QA0eg==(Int32 #=qPWWNVL9qwlJLKb2LPIayuQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qNUUFhhBiViLNx5bVy1Kytg==.#=q91wKqoSdo_axqUOWxDTFeX9nCsKyNBS_2JXycUAZt8Y=(Boolean #=q7eJEmoaAEYoA9Kf3iacxzg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qIjuhO8Yw9BUQ1NdWdKxuurMyLlWyNq$_8zDBuPndoq0=()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qiXkBt1fPByWwFDnYmetr7g==(#=qt5r$K40Ee7wWj36$VjXcIm_yV3B3Ol8VjkpS90Q9CR0= #=qsgM5sHg1VZnKODtoFSZYwfQLSicFbXaAWCSt06SsQmU=, Boolean #=q1HY4I2uOUm$MhP7RMZ5$2$ok8eyVI2qNYfL$CRckohU=, #=qzR_697yEKQ4MgVMS7uwNtw== #=qA2GMLJkO172wItgx1p_xsg==, #=q7pPu4gFd$FXPMFrY8KfkI_K6V8jANehIur7k5G8ddfs= #=qxExOQPm0ILvolkmuNR3dVUTsuQFghsD5EWZrtotaHWM=, #=qBCkzRUWkmCxjYqHh0Mkeq3xLzUMpGqh5VZbkB8DQIxU= #=q0DpO6RTm1V1R7_Hgoa7G5A==, #=qn43d_IS23h8baYUHDKz5q2cpewoQ0UVAq5XxIMSYRE0=[] #=qjoHWAKKXcuTNSWUj1iUU2vA0Sh37xKg79fJNIIFbCO8=, Boolean #=q95ztyfRMPqrjcO_z6i2e4s7jr6nhsIEXFvB0nzJjPxY=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain..ctor()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=q5iGkq5l67J8rNLctGRlDKw==(String[] #=qiWHN98$XOdncBgtwHkDsRg==)

Steven

• Administrator
can you PM me a link to your settings file:
MusicBee3DemoSettings.ini in your AppData\MusicBee folder or AppData where MB is installed for portable versions

Alumni

It seems the playlist manager doesn't remember your currently selected playlist when restarting the app - would be nice if it did.

Xyzzy

can you PM me a link to your settings file:
MusicBee3DemoSettings.ini in your AppData\MusicBee folder or AppData where MB is installed for portable versions

I have the same problem, no such file present, and the problem is identical with no ini files at all. Stack is:

MusicBee v3.0.5763.39538 (Win6.1), 14 pa? 2015 13:57:

at #=qooWa3FWQCNPSamNbOkBpxD90cJ0Y40etToRFcVj8hwo=.#=qTfDHDh_jy8lmYtYr2GzmDg==.#=q4iRfPkEwTUVtte5OXt75hQ==(Int32 #=qxDElxN0K26avjIrzWV_n2Q==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qu4rSWRwc$U177bTYFnaOiw==.#=qChbG7xjjwvVoXpe0m4TZbnki9pplW0xSl$L1yWaQhfs=(Boolean #=qrsJOQo_08Rgvba8upQqWMQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q2hSjbFceMfx80fu70eT2fkNqUWXyCmqprqK36ksAFGU=()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qnL0iLJw5FkPzOyUYCXalXw==(#=qTOE2YRaKi$qdLlKQnzDpQ702CaZYrqgdzRhzH78XgmU= #=qphosGeRGgor78HYPXYDbbFSN8MmKwB7O2WeKNlsJgXU=, Boolean #=qSiaYMGZ7cBHTMQkeJuCa2tUfzLmtyH76PR_ByzCQCeY=, #=qKtNw_k92py4GtOezZ_GR7A== #=q8H0BOENeqTGeTq7VAw58gA==, #=qDv8n84t1hqzYP3FJepOAH1_axVfyLMvTvgaSEB2Oek8= #=q4O6Wmf6B29_uB3CB295$WAFBbmc5oQ6CeG6X7guggqs=, #=qLOmbIl_wJA_6tXOEgUe3r404XY7GABgIMMvmWWKfVSM= #=qE1duEOa3yqLorm$yWOlsHw==, #=qRsCqdjzwKuj6fnYFbSg5opDW_b0BJAwpcCtBpRfc0YY=[] #=q0_s0lBbfEl4ZEkvbQcPdAy5nsusrZp9dQwonPBo6OIE=, Boolean #=qaRqjDPbSNhEmjciIlFgfGEHuGm8Bc08ye2QpDvvm4TM=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain..ctor()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qrf87gj5eYk_Rv7W$mA2mIg==(String[] #=qEHih72XljlOrYnTcGPnuIw==)

Steven

• Administrator
I have the same problem, no such file present, and the problem is identical with no ini files at all.
if its the first time, the file i need from you is MusicBeeSettings.ini

Xyzzy

I have the same problem, no such file present, and the problem is identical with no ini files at all.
if its the first time, the file i need from you is MusicBeeSettings.ini
There is no such file (and no .bak files as well) - I deleted them and they not get created at MB3 failed launch.
This is a portable installation, but I removed the ini/bak files from %APPDATA% as well as the local ones.

Steven

• Administrator
@Justin34, Xyzzy
this version should fix the bug. Same instructions as before
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

also the support for floating window configurations is now enabled
Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 06:42:21 PM by Steven

Justin34

@Justin34, Xyzzy
this version should fix the bug. Same instructions as before

also the support for floating window configurations is now enabled
Where can I download this fixed version?

phred

• Global Moderator
@Steven - where does the current v3.x stand on plugin use?  It seems that some of my v2.5.x plugins don't work in v3 despite my enabling them.  And there are some that can't be enabled even though they appear in the plugin preferences window.  Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here