Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248550 times)

electro

Just noticed that Auto-Shutdown doesn't work.

The text from searchbox should be highlighted (selected) when I click on it.

And this inconsistency:

Side player on top of the right panel:

Side player in middle of the right panel:

How could I get rid of that Track information title?
Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 07:50:46 PM by electro

theta_wave

Nice call on the Artist panel to the left of Music Explorer.

Steven

• Administrator
what auto-shutdown settings are you using (from the auto-shutdown dialog window)

electro

what auto-shutdown settings are you using (from the auto-shutdown dialog window)
Close MusicBee @ the end of track. My OS is Windows 7.
Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:35:01 PM by electro

electro

Another issue: the global search (entire library) doesn't work from Now Playing page (Playlist mode).

Steven

• Administrator
that should be fixed now:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

although i agree the v2.5 search text box always selected the entire text. i wont change it back untill v3.1

electro

although i agree the v2.5 search text box always selected the entire text. i wont change it back untill v3.1
OK.

Any chance to add a shortcut to Now Playing page? I'm always searching for tracks to add to my play queue and Now Playing disappears from view when the search results are displayed. A shortcut would be very helpful. Or at least the search results to be displayed on the lyrics panel or on a floating menu like the suggestions you get from Google when entering a keyword. That would be great.

Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:20:29 PM by electro

funky

I used to have the main (centre) panel split into two with artist information (wiki/Lastfm etc in the bottom part of the panel and track list at the top. For the life of me i cannot get it to work with the new 3.0? is this now not possible. Now all i have is cluttered left and right panels.

Steven

• Administrator
Any chance to add a shortcut to Now Playing page? I'm always searching for tracks to add to my play queue and Now Playing disappears from view when the search results are displayed. A shortcut would be very helpful. Or at least the search results to be displayed on the lyrics panel or on a floating menu like the suggestions you get from Google when entering a keyword. That would be great.
i am not making enhancements to v3 so any new requests should go on the wishlist. However i dont know what you mean when you say the Now Playing diappears when search results are displayed.
The Now Playing Assistant provides a separate dialog window that allows playlist manipluation (alt-J is the default hotkey)

Steven

• Administrator
Another issue: the global search (entire library) doesn't work from Now Playing page (Playlist mode).

electro

However i dont know what you mean when you say the Now Playing diappears when search results are displayed.
Let's say that the Now Playing page (Playlist mode) is selected. If I'm searching something on searchbox, the results are displayed on a Search Results page. But the Now Playing is not on foreground anymore.

I'd like a way that this Now Playing page stays in foreground (always on) all the time even when searching, and the search results are displayed in a floating panel or something. Searching for something disrupts the current view and I always have to click Now Playing again.

Steven

• Administrator
I used to have the main (centre) panel split into two with artist information (wiki/Lastfm etc in the bottom part of the panel and track list at the top. For the life of me i cannot get it to work with the new 3.0? is this now not possible. Now all i have is cluttered left and right panels.
i suggest you post a screenshot and someone might be able to help. As a guess you are probably looking for the Now Playing Bar which can be selected from the panel layout dialog

electro

The panels config start with that button near the searchbox (it's a square with some lines in it). On the window that it will open you can drag and drop all items that you (don't) want. I guess do you want the now playing bar under the files from main panel:

electro

Another problem: double clicking on the Artist - Title from the player's controls (that wide horizontal bar with play/next/etc buttons) doesn't work as expected (Locate the file in library) if I'm on a different place than the Music section. Instead it goes to Music and only after the second double clicking attempt it really goes to the target.
Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:41:17 AM by electro

redwing

if I'm on a different place than the Music section

Which node? I can't reproduce it.