Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248905 times)

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator

hiccup

Looking at the album auto-tagger panel there are two things that caught my eye.

- The word ' albumart'  is underlined. Does that have a function? You would expect it to be some weblink, but I think it isnt?
- It might be made a bit more obvious that 'settings' is actually a button you can press. So giving it the same design as other buttons (and separating it from the arrows) would probably be better.

Steven

• Administrator
fixes for the items stated as fixed above
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the folder MB is installed and run MusicBee.exe

Steven

• Administrator

- The word ' albumart'  is underlined. Does that have a function? You would expect it to be some weblink, but I think it isnt?
- It might be made a bit more obvious that 'settings' is actually a button you can press. So giving it the same design as other buttons (and separating it from the arrows) would probably be better.
you can click on the artwork text and it should open the "search intenet for picture" dialog
it was intentional to blend settings in to reduce distraction on the screen and the settings themselves arent that important or i imagine often used

hiccup

you can click on the artwork text and it should open the "search intenet for picture" dialog
it was intentional to blend settings in to reduce distraction on the screen and the settings themselves arent that important or i imagine often used

I stand corrected. I quickly checked pressing 'artwork' with a few albums and nothing happened at ll, so I draw some conclusion too soon.

Whether 'settings' there is important, or used often or not (I have no strong standpoint about it) shouldn't be to relevant in my opinion.
If it is 'a button', it should probably also look like a button.

hiccup

The search field when located below the caption bar has no minimal allowed horizontal size, so it is possible to drag and minimise it completely 'out of sight'. That's probably not desirable.
Also, with 'A Sophisticated Bee, doing that results in a crash. (big red cross)
But that might be some skin issue.

That fixed it, and no more crash.
But... I just noticed you might also want to set some maximum width for it:

J24

• Love music of all genres and cultures
Is there a way to enable "show summary statistics" for the status bar of the "Now Playing" panel (Playlist view)?
When I select tracks in the Now Playing panel, the status bar doesn't show any stats such as how many files are selected, what is their collective duration and file size
This stats were showing in v2.5.5690 but it's not showing in v3.0.5954
I'm addicted to meth, that is, methadata.
Wanna share music recommendations? add me on Last.fm!

Steven

• Administrator
But... I just noticed you might also want to set some maximum width for it:
for the next update i have put in a crude maximum restriction ie. it will stop the width taking up the entire panel but its still possible to create tabs sized to 1px

Is there a way to enable "show summary statistics" for the status bar of the "Now Playing" panel (Playlist view)?
When I select tracks in the Now Playing panel, the status bar doesn't show any stats such as how many files are selected, what is their collective duration and file size
This stats were showing in v2.5.5690 but it's not showing in v3.0.5954
i have put in handling for that in the next v3 update
Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:01:03 AM by Steven

J24

• Love music of all genres and cultures
That was fast! It's working perfectly, thanks!
I'm addicted to meth, that is, methadata.
Wanna share music recommendations? add me on Last.fm!

redwing

Recently I noticed whenever I try to run milkdrop MB crashes. But if I run another visualizer first and then switch to milkdrop, it works. But the color of milkdrop looks quite poor.
I tried old patches and the last stable one seems 5941. It runs without any problem and looks just the same as it used to.
Then I applied the latest patch again, sometimes it works fine, sometimes it crashes again. I wonder others can reproduce this too.

Figured out what's going on. It was my player setting "on start up - resume position". For some reason when player is on pause on startup if you run milkdrop right away it crashes MB. If you start with another visualizer and then switch to milkdrop, it runs but its colors and keyboard use is not normal. With the setting "on startup - do noting", or on stop or play (instead of pause) with the player it works without any problem.

Steven

• Administrator
Figured out what's going on. It was my player setting "on start up - resume position". For some reason when player is on pause on startup if you run milkdrop right away it crashes MB. If you start with another visualizer and then switch to milkdrop, it runs but its colors and keyboard use is not normal. With the setting "on startup - do noting", or on stop or play (instead of pause) with the player it works without any problem.
i can reproduce incorrect behavior, but not as you describe - for me the visualiser simply refuses to start. As you say its only when you have resume position enabled and start the visualiser before starting playback. If you start playback and pause, then start the visualiser its fine. I dont know why it should matter and i can only speculate its some weird interaction between the winamp plugin and the bass library. One approach could be to force playback to start when opening the visualiser which is better than having MB crash

edit:
figured it out at least for my case. I will post a link later
Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 03:16:38 PM by Steven

redwing

Then try with my settings file to see if other settings are related too (PMed it).

Steven

• Administrator
Then try with my settings file to see if other settings are related too (PMed it).
yes there was an additional complicating factor with your settings. Hopefully the issue will also be addressed for you:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip