Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248882 times)

redwing

Artist pictures it gets from the internet are saved in AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\InternalCache\ArtistBackdrops

And most of the pictures are in .dat and .tmp. it just seems confusing and messy. Maybe automatically name them all like (artist name) (1), (2), and so on? Automatically make folders with the artists name and automatically put them in it? And also the image with the original file name always gets shown first?

And then there's also the folder Music\MusicBee\Artist Pictures

Maybe integrate the two folders above with each other?

That's cache folder. Don't mess with it.
Use compact player when working on artist images. If you use paste/save picture command on it, you will get a filename template.

rurutia10

Artist pictures it gets from the internet are saved in AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\InternalCache\ArtistBackdrops

And most of the pictures are in .dat and .tmp. it just seems confusing and messy. Maybe automatically name them all like (artist name) (1), (2), and so on? Automatically make folders with the artists name and automatically put them in it? And also the image with the original file name always gets shown first?

And then there's also the folder Music\MusicBee\Artist Pictures

Maybe integrate the two folders above with each other?

That's cache folder. Don't mess with it.
Use compact player when working on artist images. If you use paste/save picture command on it, you will get a filename template.

Thanks, makes much sense now. I didn't use compact player a lot so I didn't know much about it D:

Alumni

If the left navigator is set to be hidden with auto-open, this open and close behavior inadvertently breaks the playlist manager pinned to another tab, ie. it disappears.

Steven

• Administrator
If the left navigator is set to be hidden with auto-open, this open and close behavior inadvertently breaks the playlist manager pinned to another tab, ie. it disappears.
can you send me your settings file as i cant reproduce any incorrect behavior. And what do you mean by "it disappears" ?

Alumni

can you send me your settings file as i cant reproduce any incorrect behavior. And what do you mean by "it disappears" ?

Here's how I can reproduce it: in tab "1" set the navigator to hidden (auto open), then drag and drop a track to playlist "abc", switch over to tab "2" which has the playlist manager pinned, and is already viewing the playlist "abc" - the playlist manager is now hidden in that tab.

Steven

• Administrator
Here's how I can reproduce it: in tab "1" set the navigator to hidden (auto open), then drag and drop a track to playlist "abc", switch over to tab "2" which has the playlist manager pinned, and is already viewing the playlist "abc" - the playlist manager is now hidden in that tab.
thats fixed for the next update

sleepless

There's a bug that produces a horizontal line across the screen that can be picked up and dragged vertically. I'm not exactly sure of when it occurs. Sometimes there, sometimes not.

[img=http://s18.postimg.org/klm0li1h5/gif6.gif]

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above
- added support for circular artist pictures - set in the general section of Preferences/ Layout(1) and artist pictures docked in panels are now resizable

Steven

• Administrator
There's a bug that produces a horizontal line across the screen that can be picked up and dragged vertically. I'm not exactly sure of when it occurs. Sometimes there, sometimes not.
can you PM me a link to your settings file. I expect it has something to do with the Now Playing Bar element

KissCool

- added support for circular artist pictures - set in the general section of Preferences/ Layout(1) and artist pictures docked in panels are now resizable
Thanks!

2 issues:
 - "TabsBar.Tab.Default" bg="" bg2="" -> set the background of the highlighted tab
"TabsBar.Tab.Highlight" bg doesn't work anymore
 - Not a big deal, but look strange (highlighted artist in thumbnail browser)

ankor

definitely ticked...but I tested a little more and realized making a change for "inactive tab" gets refreshed immediately with Apply/Save. But that is not the case when making a change for "active tab" and that's what I happened to be tweaking.
those are fixed for the next update
and fixed thanks

redwing

Looking great. Thanks!
Looks like circular images need some spacing between each other to look neat unlike square ones. So how about making circular images a bit smaller in thumbnail browser to give some spacing?

redwing

It seems some bugs were recently introduced to movie backdrop display feature.
- It doesn't recognize previous mapping, which requires remapping of all soundtrack files.
- When playing track has different movie title (album) but same artist as previous track, it keeps displaying the images of previous movie.

user73

thx Steven..
i been waiting for this fix of Track-information panel height adjustment.and now its just perfect.

theta_wave

Noticeable gap seen in the extended panel under Music Explorer irrespective of whether "show artwork" is checked or not under the expanded panel configuration.  This gap is not shown when navigating autoplaylists set to Album Art view (configuration setting adhered).

Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 07:21:27 AM by ssri