Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1251968 times)

Steven

• Administrator
@Bee-liever & sleepless, i guess i have either provided a link to the old version or not uploaded as the plugin should be dated yesterday. Mediafire is down for me at the moment but i will post the correct link later
same links as before:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pkhy169yxp306ti/mb_WebBrowser.zip
Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 10:12:41 PM by Steven

HHM

(it's not a mockup but a functional MusicBee)

wow! how to obtain this layout and look?

Steven

• Administrator
just regarding the artist picture panel size, irrespective of the final ratio thats used, i am going to make a change for this panel so the cropping is restricted and the sides gaps filled in black  - at the moment MB zooms in on the picture until it exactly fits. Now a wider aspect ratio is being used that can lead to severe cropping

sleepless

imho, 16:9 is the best compromise because, sadly, as Bee-liever said, 16:9 aspect ratio dominate now.

I don't think you can call 16:9 a compromise. It's a clear decision for displaying that aspect ratio perfectly, and cropping all different and more traditional ones.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. When images are cropped, it generally seems they're cropped from the sides due to the dimensions of the panel.

This image is les than 1:1 and is barely cropped at all:

This image is 16:9 and is cropped at the sides only. If I didn't wan't that I could expand the panel horizontally.

To me, the important thing is that heads don't get cropped off, which I don't see happening. Personally, I'm ok with things as they are. Am I missing something here?

Steven

• Administrator
To me, the important thing is that heads don't get cropped off, which I don't see happening. Personally, I'm ok with things as they are. Am I missing something here?
when the artist picture is stacked, the dimensions of the stacked panel is used. When an artist picture is displayed by itself then a fixed ratio is used. When using 4:3 then some of the 16:9 will be cropped on the side which some people dont like

Steven

• Administrator
adding additional field in Track Rating Panel makes other fields disappear (set the Rating field and apply, at first it looks ok but after track changing the fields will disappear)
thats fixed for the next update

phred

• Global Moderator
also check the modification date/time of web browser plugin and if its not yesterday's date then that will be the issue
Yes. link in post here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg106922#msg106922
points to file from 05/12/2015 23:55

Link in plugin thread is correct - 14/03/2016 08:56
I can not find the Mar 14 2016 version of this plugin.  The plugin on the Wiki is 2015 version and the download from yesterday's link (found here http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg106922#msg106922) is also the old version Dec 12 2015 mod date.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sleepless

Is there a possiblility of making this work for the links in the right-click>menu? It seems to only work for links displayed in the panel.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
(it's not a mockup but a functional MusicBee)
@ KissCool
How did you get the full length Artists Pictures on the left?
For me, in all panels the Artist Pictures is fixed and can't be dragged to expand it.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

KissCool

@hiccup

My point wasn't to convince you, you can counter all my arguments, so am I. eg.: even if I know that you don't want the 4:3 for displaying perfectly this old aspect ratio, I could just use your sentence like this:
"I don't think you can call 4:3 a compromise. It's a clear decision for displaying that (old) aspect ratio perfectly, and cropping all different and more recent ones."
And so on. Endless and useless debate. I don't even have a good english to initiate a debate.

And I don't even care about this since, as shown in my screenshot, you can resize this frame. Being able to resize manually this frame without having to stack it with another element is another story ;)
Just wanted to say that, imo, for newcomers, the 16:9 seems to be the best default setting since MusicBee seems to mostly retrieve backdrops from fanart.tv. But I may be wrong.

@sleepless
There's no problem! The only problem is my poor english: always writing an annoying wall of text when I could just use a short sentence in my natural language or sound harsh when it's not intended.

MB is a higly configurable music manager. So people use it in so many different ways.
For example, to achieve what I can see on your sreenshots, I'm doing it in a completely different way: I just put a 1:1 artist picture in the album folder then configure MusicBee to rotate between the Album Artworks and my squared artist picture. This way, I can keep the Artist Pictures element for something else.
Artist Pictures Element, Compact Player, TM, Now Playing tab share the same artist pictures source: web or local "Artist Pictures" folder. So, those using TM with artist pictures as a fullscreen "wallpaper" would expect to have a 16:9 artist picture element since they mostly have 16:9 pictures.
In fact, here the deal:
4:3 -> biggest portrait / 16:9 cropped
16:9 -> smalest portrait / 16:9 not cropped

@Bee-liever
Damn, trying to argue for your 16:9 request and hiccup gonna hate me for this. And now you want a portrait artist picture element ?
Just kidding.
@Bee-liever @HHM
Here the trick. Just stack the artist picture with a random element (for example, I'm using the Artist Bio element). Works in all lateral panel (sidebar or lateral main panel).
Display the random element (Artist Bio), resize it then switch to the artist picture. If no picture is displayed, just restart MusicBee. Depending on your layout, you may also have to sacrifice a 3rd element (Track information in my screenshot).
Since it's not officially supported, just hope that Steven is not going to fix this, now ;)
Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 10:57:35 PM by KissCool

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
And I don't even care about this since, as shown in my screenshot, you can resize this frame. Being able to resize manually this frame without having to stack it with another element is another story ;)
Thanks for the tip KissCool, but now that you've shared the info, it will probably be seen as a bug and removed :(
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
resizing the artist picture when used in a stack is officially supported - a little puzzled why people would think its a bug ??, although there is a bug which i will fix where the panel wont resize if the artist picture is the visible control in the stack
when the artist picture is stacked, the dimensions of the stacked panel is used. When an artist picture is displayed by itself then a fixed ratio is used. When using 4:3 then some of the 16:9 will be cropped on the side which some people dont like

Is there a possiblility of making this work for the links in the right-click>menu? It seems to only work for links displayed in the panel.
you need to download both files - right click is supported
same links as before:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pkhy169yxp306ti/mb_WebBrowser.zip
Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 11:09:53 PM by Steven